Pattaya boomtown! Tourists throng Walking Street! But where are the farangs?

webfact

On 11/28/2019 at 7:32 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

My friend from Canada, used to go to Thailand for the Winter months, now he goes to Thailand, for a short break, then to Vietnam for most of his Winter break, back to Thailand

to say hi to friends and back to Canada. He says  that his holiday is much more interesting

and he enjoys Vietnam for a cheaper amount. For my own enjoyment, I bus to South Pattaya, and enjoy some of my Thailand stay, visiting a relative who lives at Jomtien Beach  Pattaya, a more family friendly part of

Pattaya.

Geezer

vietnam sounds nice, but the people are extremely annoying.. a nation of spitters, esp while eating.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/28/2019 at 11:32 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

My friend from Canada, used to go to Thailand for the Winter months, now he goes to Thailand, for a short break, then to Vietnam for most of his Winter break, back to Thailand

to say hi to friends and back to Canada. He says  that his holiday is much more interesting

and he enjoys Vietnam for a cheaper amount. For my own enjoyment, I bus to South Pattaya, and enjoy some of my Thailand stay, visiting a relative who lives at Jomtien Beach  Pattaya, a more family friendly part of

Pattaya.

Geezer

I am sure this is something many snowbirds are considering, now the visa laws have changed here.  It's created some difficulty getting that fourth month in Thailand.

Many will get a 2 month tourist visa for Thailand, and pay 1900 baht to extend, giving them 3 months in Thailand, and go to Vietnam for the fourth month, or, get a 3 month tourist visa for Vietnam, and come to Thailand on a 1 month visa exempt, or, simply extend their Vietnam visa and not come to Thailand at all. 

They could try a visa run, and take the risk, but many may think if they have to leave anyway, why not just stay elsewhere.

Archived