Border run Chong Chom / Osmach Border in Surin Province

Hi,

Is a border run with non/O immigrant visa at Chong Chom / Osmach Border in Surin Province still easy, (walking to Cambodia and back)?

Thaivisa forum gets so huge that I couldn't find a definite answer... (my last border run was 8 years ago, and I came back to Europe for 6 months last year, now back to one year multiple entry visa...)

Thanks in advance,

Stef

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

Ban Phu Nam Ron (Kanchanaburi) has a well organised scam which cannot be circumvented. The 960 baht includes US$10 for the Myanmar border pass, and what should be less than 100 baht for the round trip to and from Myanmar immigration. The remainder (500+ baht) is split by those running this scam. That does not mean I am recommending that people not use Ban Phu Nam Ron. However, if you are making a special trip there to avoid the scams at Cambodian border crossings, you  do not understand what is happening. In fact, at most crossings to Cambodia, I can get the correct price on the visa, and often avoid the charge for same day return.

If looking for a scam free border crossing (and one that is very cheap) Maesot is my first choice and Maesai is also OK.

It is not a scam, it is the price that they ask to stamp a passport, and i don't even have to ride the van ! And officials at this border are the most friendly ever met.

anyway it's only 960 when khmer visa is already more than this and i clearly do not believe that you do not pay more than needed because only dixxheads run Cambodian borders, so except if you spend hours bargaining for $10, and even, you will pay what they want.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 3421abc said:

are any of these borders visa exempt entry friendly? I am always looking for a plan b in case my current connection fails.

Almost all land crossings are good for visa exempt entry as long as you do not already have two visa exempt entries by land in the current calendar year. Avoid Poipet/Aran (from Cambodia) and Padang Besar (from Malaysia).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1