Wealthy restaurant owner goes to police: What happened to my five million deposit?

webfact

On 11/14/2019 at 7:19 PM, Langkawee said:
On 11/14/2019 at 6:07 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

They actually named the bank company involved here?  Amazing!!!  And rarely happens with our local news reporting, especially anytime there's any question of alleged wrongdoing.

I think it's a Chinese bank now. Union pay only and many branches in China.

Well, there's only six branches in the entire country and you're ignoring the well-known availability of Mastercard.

22 hours ago, Gee Ku said:

I go to bed trembling with anxiety every night worrying if a bank clerk will clean out that account meant for the Thai Immigration to approve annually my retirement visa. Even if I can afford to lose 800,000 Baht I won't want that.

Any reason to think that in the extremely unlikely event of that happening the bank wouldn't reimburse you?

7 hours ago, mercman24 said:

when i said my money was in the UK and that where it will stay thankyou, some dipstick came on to say there is nothing wrong with thai banks, and hear we have it, that is 3 in the last 30 days

That "dipstick" as you refer to him was right, there is nothing wrong with Thai banks at all normally and certainly they're no more likely, generally, to suffer hiccups than any bank in the west.  Has any bank here, in a similar situation to this, i.e. it's clear the bank is in the wrong, ever not made restitution to the customer?

What were the other 2 cases in the last month?

Archived