Cars in movies: Which ones do you remember best?

webfact

Cars in movies: Which ones do you remember best?

Research shows the DeLorean is the most memorable; the Alfa in The Graduate didn't do so well

David Buckley  

cars.jpg

Some movie extras – the car a character drives for instance – are so significant that they come to be synonymous with the film.

But which movie cars are the most famous?

Click4reg.co.uk quizzed internet users around the world on their knowledge of 38 famous cars, asking them to identify the name and original movie of each. And the results are in!

Correctly guessed by 87%, the DMC DeLorean takes first place. The Doc’s time machine in Back to the Future has been so influential that it is the most recognisable car globally. The car ceased production in 1982, but regained popularity when the film was released in 1985. One can’t help wondering how the car might have fared had it still been in production when the film came out.

The famed Batmobile takes second place – 85% recognised it and its related franchise. And while its appearance has changed over the years, second places proves the car’s cultural impact.

Full story: https://londoninspire.co.uk/cars-in-movies-which-ones-do-you-remember-best/

1RHcVpx.jpg

-- © Copyright London Inspire in Thailand

Follow London Inspire on Facebook

Hard to go past the cars in The Italian Job (original) and Bullitt, or even Viva Las Vegas. As a kid i loved the 246 Dino and Aston in The Persuaders. But just for something different, also liked:

The Volvo P1800 in The Saint

The-Saint-Feature-678x380.jpg.3cdad756b1cf6146236b5c4a56f19720.jpg

and The Beverly Hillbillies truck????

2016-10-11_04-36-12.jpg.a60c970092b948445ce17933055db62e.jpg

First nomination :The 1937 Lagonda LG45 Rapide from the 1957 film ' Chase a Crooked Shadow ' starring Richard Todd and Anne Baxter . I was eleven years of age when it was released.

imcdb.org/v507528.html

Second nomination would be the 1937 4 1/2 litre Straight Eight Daimler from the 1965 film "Lady L" starring Sophia Loren and David Niven, ,,,the car which I have owned for 25 years .

19 hours ago, Crossy said:

Great minds think alike (or is it fools seldom differ).

That movie still gives me the shivers.

Crossy, I still get the shivers when I remember my brother in law letting me use his red 57 Dodge to go for a little shopping trip. Push button gear shift in centre of steering column. A 318 V8 as I recall that went like stink.

I was 16 or 17, young and dumb. At pretty high speed, I "flew" over a raised railway crossing. The car became substantially airborne but somehow stayed straight on the road (not because of my driving skills).

No shivers then but shivers for sure in hind sight.

The '49 Buick convertible in Rain Man because I owned one just like it, except I had 'wire wheel' hubcaps. My first car. Perfect shape when I bought it in '58 for $180 from a guy joining the priesthood.

Second choice would be the Mercury convertible driven by James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause. (Can't forget Natalie Woods' pink sweater either!)

On 11/14/2019 at 4:53 PM, taichiplanet said:

Hard to go past the cars in The Italian Job (original) and Bullitt, or even Viva Las Vegas. As a kid i loved the 246 Dino and Aston in The Persuaders. But just for something different, also liked:

The Volvo P1800 in The Saint

and The Beverly Hillbillies truck????

Jimbo's Pontiac Firebird and, of course, Rocky's truck.

Archived