BANGKOK
dimitriv

Popular Thai Beaches Pricier Than European Resorts: It’s Not Just About the Higher Baht

20 hours ago, seasia said:

Yes of course.

Thailand with it s terrible driving standards, excessive noise and pollution, short changing and overpricing is not attractive compared to many parts of Europe.

Some friends of mine went to Cannes in France at a lower cost then a Thailand trip would have cost.

I had advised them to avoid Thailand.

so why are you here?

• Sad 1

The word "cynicism" is a word that springs to mind regarding the comments here but calm reflection of the reality is that "just criticism" is actually more accurate.

Each year, it seems to me that Thais in businesses catering for tourists, are closing in towards the end of the spectrum of, "knowing the price of everything, but the value of nothing"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Damaz6052 said:

The article must be based on rack rates. Beach houses in Samui are dirt cheap at the moment!

Are you a rentor?

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The genuine smile of ordinary Thais departed Thailand many years ago. Having experienced it myself, I regret that it left, as it was truly a wondrous thing.

Only other place where people smiled like that where I've been was rural Fiji, in the 70s.

In the part of Thailand where they have to deals with drunk sexpats everyday, Thailand has loads more beaches than Samui, Phuket and Pattaya. If you go to the other places it will be the same experience as you got in Samui, Phuket and Pattaya 30 years ago. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bamboozle said:

why do so many people not understand the written word . the whole point of this thread is ," people could not afford 5 star hotels in europe so they came to thailand where a 5 star hotel was a fraction of the european price "
Now it is the same price as europe , no point in coming here as the weather , service and beach/sea quality is a lot better aroung the med and south of france and spain . Not to hard for me to understand 

Dunno, if I had the money for 5* resorts I'd be in Mauritius or the Seychelles.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

In the part of Thailand where they have to deals with drunk sexpats everyday,

Drunken 'romance traveller' here (please), most of the time the smiling Thai girls were even more drunk than me.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Drunken 'romance traveller' here (please), most of the time the smiling Thai girls were even more drunk than me.

Yes, your predilection for high-class women is well known. 😎 You and bar girls, water seeking its own level.

Edited by GalaxyMan
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, dcnx said:

I can’t even grab a coffee at a cafe anymore without contemplating snapping the neck of at least one Chinese tourist who is either yelling across the room, trying to cut in line, or allowing their kids to use every chair as a their own personal jungle gym.

I didn’t think I’d ever despise a group of people as much as I’ve come to despise Chinese tourists. They are a plague upon the earth.

...... and then there are the"others" ...... from the Sub Continent?

....and amazingly cheap (virtually as much as u can eat and drink) all inclusive holidays and cruises are available and very popular now in the West.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

The surveyors seem to use Samui and Phuket to represent beach locations...

the above 2 locations are now priced like their Mediterranean sites way above other Thai beach locations...

....... is that why a few years ago, Pattaya City Officials compared Pattaya as the "Riviera" of Asia!!?? I have NO IDEA how they could even contemplate such a comparison?????

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

They probably have more money too.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, dcnx said:

Just keep raising the prices because you don’t have customers. That will fix it. 

Just keep complaining about your new country of residence and your life will magically improve. That will fix it...really

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately, Mr Cha Cha prefers to dance with the ChiComs and their hot money inflows.  So the Baht keeps going north—and western tourists will go elsewhere.

22 hours ago, dimitriv said:

$500 per room per night including American breakfast.

Can I pay $100 more to not be served the 'American breakfast'?