BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand Says It’s Seeking to Freely Allow Medical Marijuana

If the article is correct that the current administration won't do it, and their 4 year term ends in 2023, then the world will probably be a lot less restrictive when the next administration takes over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tounge Thaied said:

How, when, where, what price can we get our Hemp harvest to market?

I was hoping to make a hemp shirt with my harvest,with the first six plants I might be able to make a shirt pocket!Or maybe 3 A4 sheets of hemp paper!How much money can I make from selling 3 excellent quality A4 sheets of hemp paper that takes 6 months to grow?I can see this as being a complete and utter Cluster Fak.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The changes will allow household cultivation of six cannabis plants to increase supplies for medical products,

345395084_images(11).jpeg.f7a2a431260b3c1411ebd6f367883ece.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder what the law will be regarding a government issued seed that has suffered a genetic mutation and turns into a THC producing gargantuan?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@mtls2005 You can't compare growing cannabis in a semi-legal first world environment by educated grower vs poor farmer risking harsh prison sentence. Native Thai genetic are sativa and they grow taller than indica variety grown in northern latitude. Some sativa native from South East Asia can reach 9m (30 feets). Not sure if the seeds have been saved in Asia but they still exist in western seed bank. 

I can't find the article where I read about these huge plants but here they talk about 20 feets: https://www.medicaljane.com/2013/07/22/cannabis-sativa-as-explained-by-medical-jane/

A lot of Cannabis plant have been bred to be more bushy, are planted later so they are smaller, are pinched or are shaded by tree. This make them harder to find by law enforcement and thieves. In a legal environment it's not an issue. Someone that I know used to tie down his 6+ foot plants so they would grow horizontaly to make them less visible by his neighbour. 

I can believe that the thai government will try to force specific genetic but I don't see it to be enforceable. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1