Thailand Says It’s Seeking to Freely Allow Medical Marijuana

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is ramping up medical marijuana legalization efforts that will soon allow all Thais to cultivate six cannabis plants in their homes and sell their home-grown harvest to the government, to turn into medical marijuana.

I can see this getting messy!

2 hours ago, rozand said:

i thought the government was mostly interested in high-cbd levels in the plants, while the recreational user is interested in high thc varieties. That does not fit.

Higher THC levels help a lot with pain management especially back pain and also sleeping related problems.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

I can see this getting messy!

I can see myself getting quite messy.I can also see it getting like it was before the 90's pretty much freely available.I also see the establishment seeing Anutin's point about the potential earning capacity of not only the medicinal market but the potential for increased revenues from tourist and local related markets for recreational activities.They would surely see that if any of the neighbouring countries decide to get a market advantage by legalising recreational use would threaten any advantage they have at the moment,there is just to much potential for earning profits for the Elite to ignore for to long.They will soon see that money can indeed grow on trees!

28 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Well, using it for medical use was already done this year and it seems they want to speed up the processing of this issue. My guess, less than 6 months.

I was hoping that Anutin would like to play Father Christmas!If not then a happy Songkran Thai New Year present.He won't want to miss the next growing season,being the savvy business operator.

37 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Well, using it for medical use was already done this year and it seems they want to speed up the processing of this issue. My guess, less than 6 months.

Yes, I'm happy with that and will apply for my card soon. However exciting for me will be when we can freely grow any genetic and large scale hemp farming. Right now it looks more like what politician do. They try to control something that they don't fully understand. 

10 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Yes, I'm happy with that and will apply for my card soon. However exciting for me will be when we can freely grow any genetic and large scale hemp farming. Right now it looks more like what politician do. They try to control something that they don't fully understand. 

Yeah. I'm curious as to the paper work that will be needed regarding the allowance of growing it at home. Including details particular to foreigners if at all, along with selling it. ????

7 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

hahaha everybody's always the best grower. 

Not me, I'm rubbish at starting anything from seed, they either rot in the earth, or die after the baby leaves.

I'm completely brilliant at cloning though, can grow anything from cuttings.

I can even grow from the leafy veg packs they sell in RimPing.

If someone can produce 'mother', I can provide a 'sea of green'.

2 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

How so? If you could please.

Each household allowed to grow a certain number of plants that can only to be sold to the medical industry.

How on earth are they going to police that, ie what are each households growing, are they self using etc etc?

Classifying cannabis as a narcotic is the biggest crime against humanity and clvil rights In the history of mankind. The black market it created has created enormous profits for criminals, destroying working families from persecution, created corruption of law enforcement for false arrests, destroyed peoples background for employment and the right to vote, filled prisons with non violent people turning them into animals, created a massive profitable prison system, prevented citizens from medical care deferring tax money to prison system...

8 hours ago, HOAX said:

Legally, highly unlikely, perhaps not even medically, but the availability will most likely increase and in distant future recreational use may become decriminalized for locals and/or in certain tourist areas/licensed bars.

Sounds like some already are.  Just doesn't seem to be a lot of supply and clinics that are doing it yet.  That will probably increase quite a bit in the near future.  I think it will just be a rubber stamp like a lot of other drugs are now. So just another thing for medical clinics to make money on. Selling drugs is pretty much what they all do now so this is a natural addition for them.

You probably won't even need any serious ailment.  Just say you have loss of appetite, nausea, any kind of pain, muscle spasms, anxiety, trouble sleeping.  Take your pick.

It will be a short term thing anyways imo.  I'm willing to bet we will see recreational legalization after a couple more years.  That's not what they are saying now but nobody would have predicted they would legalize medical a couple years ago either.  So I think it's inevitable just like in other countries. 

Archived