visa on arrival for chinese and indians

Me and my partner who is Chinese  with residency in Australia arrived from Copenhagen  a few days ago  and i have never seen anything like the drama she had to go through to get her 15 visa on arrival.

As we  had to go through  different gates  and I had most of the paperwork  and the drama started. Where are you staying proof? On going tickets. After 2 hours she got her 15 day visa thanks to a nice lad maybe a trainee for immigration who came out looking for me and got the correct information  which was stored on my phone.

I have since read that 400 baht is required to process the visa cash in hand  which goes to the immigration officer. so i guess you put in between the pages in your passport.

Now if they do not want to process  visas on arrival just scrap the  idea. For God sake the girl is living in Australia   why would she be a threat to overstay in Thailand. A little common sense is required but I feel this country is going backwards in this department.When she told the immigration officer  I was with her would you not think the next step would be to come and find me?

The  problem really arose as we had to go to different que.I tried a few times to join her que but was told I had to go elsewhere. Why is that the case?

When I showed concern of her whereabouts  a public relations girl told me it normally takes 2 hours to get a visa on arrival for Chinese and Indians.

What the law is trying to say yes we will give you 15 days on arrival if you come on a tour so we can scam as much money as possible during your short stay.The tour guide arranges everything so I guess the fee is more easy to manage without it looking  like a bribe.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I arrived with many Chinese at Utapao airport with an aircraft from Macao. I went straight to the waiting Thai immigration officer, the Chinese did not. But they needed not more than roughly ten minutes for their paperwork.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xxeo said:

I arrived with many Chinese at Utapao airport with an aircraft from Macao. I went straight to the waiting Thai immigration officer, the Chinese did not. But they needed not more than roughly ten minutes for their paperwork.

A few years ago I arrived at Utapao and two plane loads of Chinese had landed just before. Took longer to clear Imm' than it did to fly.

Total and absolute chaos does not come near it.

Edited by overherebc

23 hours ago, globalspark said:

As we  had to go through  different gates  and I had most of the paperwork  and the drama started.

Well, that shows you were completely clueless.  You really didn't think she'd need to show paperwork?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If you get the visa on arrival via the eVisa system, it is much easier. There is a special line (regular immigration counters) for those with visa on arrival in advance.

The eVisa system doesn't actually work a lot of the time.  Had a group of Indian friends visit me earlier in the year.  The system was utterly useless.

On 11/14/2019 at 5:45 PM, globalspark said:

For God sake the girl is living in Australia   why would she be a threat to overstay in Thailand.

I don't follow that logic at all and I'm equally sure that an IO wouldn't either.

• Like 1