Prostitution, the CIA, David Bowie and Patpong – Undercover in Bangkok infamous red light district

snoop1130

sooooo BAD that it need a museum and not anynore this great feeling of  before

"One night in Bangkok and.........."

????????

..sure in this museum, they have the high leather boots with the stars on, from the kings castle group, full of holes and a smell of the good old times

21 minutes ago, lapamita said:

sooooo BAD that it need a museum and not anynore this great feeling of  before

"One night in Bangkok and.........."

????????

..sure in this museum, they have the high leather boots with the stars on, from the kings castle group, full of holes and a smell of the good old times

The period where Gogo dancers wore those revolting thigh high boots was one I hated. Ugh. Happily they have gone back to proper shoes.

Not sure why it started, but I'm a leg man and can't see legs through those horrid things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soumanioco said:

David Bowie Life in Thailand

https://youtu.be/NmIDE_feJUs

Some of the shots were taken in Superstar on Patpong. Was my go to place for a number of years in the early 80's when I stayed in a small soi off Charoen Krung Road. Also frequented their little restaurant which backed onto Patpong 2. Good times. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

No, the female  performers emit ping-pong balls from their vaginas

Yes...... many years ago (the 80's) i was at one of the Patpong 'upstair bars' and the ping-pong show was in process as I entered and the girl shooting the ping-pong balls from her vagina 'targeted ME'.

The next day after I was in my hotel room I noticed a blood stain on my shirt where the ball hit me.......... Than made me very happy............ That I 'didn't'........... (Did Not)........ buy her out for that night ......... LOL .........

I have many 'fond memories' of Patpong however...... Including one 'EX-WIFE'......

"We get to soon OLD....... and too late SMART............. LOL ............. HaHaHa

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Ping Pong shows? Can anyone explain? Is this a table tennis exhibition?

A "Table Tennis Ball Exhibition" would be more correct. Sometimes, a table has been used as part of the exhibition, but is not classed as essential equipment.

3 hours ago, DonaldBattles said:

I lived on Silom Road near Patpong for 25 years. There was more to Patpong than sex shows. Some good eating places, shops and Foodland. The Madrid on Patpong 1 was my favorite meeting place. Khun Daeng ran a respectable business and had good food. Jack Shirley entertained us for years with old CIA stories. When Tony Poe came to town there was lots of excitement. Also, when John Daughtrey came from Sadia there was a lot of free drinks. I am retired in Chiang Rai now but I really miss Patpong.

And used to have the old famous local watering hole the Tavern. All those long long nights there with dart games, great thai people and staff and all the great people from around the world. Truly a time in life now all over mow become a lady boy bsr. Arghh!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When going to LOS on a bus tour from Singapore early 70s I read a book about Patpong as preparation. All I remember of it is that one BG poured petrol over another and set her head on fire in a dispute over a client.

When I got to Bkk I was all ready to go there, but the tour guide convinced me it was too dangerous. Sadly I didn't go, but I wish I had.

In the middle 1990s when I was in the the Bangkok Darts league we used to play at Bobby's bar in the car park upstairs and also in "The Other Office" on the ground floor.

• Like 1

My friends always talked so much about this Ping Pong-thing in Bangkok, and especially about Rose and all her girls – it was "Rose Bar" – but my friends never introduced me to the place, or we didn't have time when passing through Bangkok; I refuse to believe that they wished to keep that place a secret, but you never know...????

Anyway, once I was alone in Bangkok for a few days in 2003 I decided to find Pat Pong, and especially Rose and her bar. I managed to find a Sky Train station next to the place and walked up and down, both Pat Pong 1 and Pat Pong 2 a couple of times, especially at the sides away from the family-tourist night market in the middle, but I never ever saw any "Rose Bar", only lots of bars with entertainment and exciting go-go establishment – looked like that from outside – however it was the famous Rose I was looking for.

I was almost ready to give up when a fairly well English-speaking young Thai man asked if he could help me – I must have been looking confused – he was an university student, and he made little extra money by guiding tourists in Pat Pong. For 20 baht he would show me the place I was looking for. »Fine I'm looking for Rose Bar,« I said. 20 baht was a reasonable Okay fee.

He shook his head: »No, no I don't now that bar, please say the name again.«

»Rose Bar,« I repeated. He looked more confused than I.

»Wait a minute,« he walked around and asked others, I could see they all shook their head, didn't know Rose. Perhaps it was all fake stories, but I trust my friends. He came empty handed back. »No one know Rose Bar,« I asked?

»Ah, ah, Loose Bar,« he said, and looked like he had been illuminated. The impossible to speak "R" – "fleight lice" – that in Isaan-dialect is pronounced as "L". »Yes, yes, come on, this way...«

We walked fast all the way up to the other end of the long Pat Pong soi, almost up to the entrance, and there he showed me a little door with a small wooden sign on top "Rose Bar". No wonder I didn't notice that tiny thing. I gave him the 20 baht fee, he thanked, and when I was about to open the door he said: »<deleted> [BJ] bar, you know?«

No, I didn't, I didn't know anything, just that my friends always talked about Rose, and when someone was heading to Bangkok they should say "hello to Rose and the girls". I was too curious not to proceed, now I finally found the entrance that revealed a narrow stair to second floor – ops, my friend had always advised me, never go up to second floor in Bangkok...????

However, up I went, and opened the door at the top of the stair, and entered Rose Bar. A badly lit room with red walls and dark ceiling. There were benches at the sides, and a bar at the end with a male bartender. Some six-seven younger girls in long red skirts were sitting on the benches, and an old lady in black laying like a queen on an elevated sofa next to the entrance door. »Welcome,« she shouted, »where (are) you from?«

»Denmark,« I said while three of the girls got me seated, they almost glued them self to me. The old lady in black must be the famous Rose.

»Denmark good,« Rose replied, »we have many Danish customers.« Must be my friends. »Denmark good, you are (our) first customer in three days!«

Oh my God, how do they survive? I got my Coke – I normally don't drink alcohol when out in the nightlife – and sitting with a bottle in one hand, and a glass in the other, and no table, the two girls, one of each side, began to open my belt, whilst the third girl in front rolled her dress down, and unveiled that she couldn't afford a bra. Rose shouted from the sofa: »For 500 baht you can choose whatever you like, we got condoms and also a private room.«

I've never before finished a Coke that fast, handed bottle and glass to the girls, rose up, tied my belt and said thanks. On my way to the door Rose said: »Tell your friends to come and visit us...«

Perhaps I was just too green and inexperienced for Bangkok's vibrant nightlife at that time, perhaps I lost a peak of Pat Pong-excitement? I however never came back to revisit Rose and all her girls.

Anyway, now I told "my friends", as Rose wished me to do; so go and visit her, if she and the girls are still waiting for a customer up there on second floor in Pat Pong...????

Edited by khunPer

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Everything except the live sex ( they did have live lesbian sex though ) was available at Hollywood Royale in Nana, and better than anything in Patpong. Sadly, Purachai ended all that.

I did once see a live sex show in Bkk back in the 70s at a GI brothel. Complete turn off.

Apparently there was a couple did it on a motorbike somewhere back in the day, but before my time.

All that stuff still exists. You just need to be tech savvy to find out where it is. Some of the most posh clubs in Thailand are in the trampiest, dirtiest areas. For example, I had to travel 1000 feet through a sewer once to get to an orgy with Thai celebs. Thailand has gone digital 4.0. Many crazy parties and wild times in Thailand in 2020 that would make the 70s look lame. Way better designer drugs now too. Must be tech savvy to get connected. Everything isn't out in the open like it used to be. Great party in Bangkok called The Hush Hush but you won't be reading about it on Google or anywhere on the public web. Going to need to know how to use a Tor Browser to get updates on its shifting location...which will likely be in some random abandoned warehouse in Bangkok...somewhere...no one ever knows where the party will go down. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sanemax said:
8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Guess I missed that one. In all the upstairs bars I tried the "buy me a drink" was too much, so I stayed downstairs.

Then I discovered Nana and never went back, except to remind myself why I didn't go there.

Full on live sex shows and  ping pong balls , blow darts and bananas flying all over the place .

Holding a ballon up awaiting a dart to come flying out a vagina aiming to burst the  ballon is a frightening experience .

You are trying to cover your eyes and look at the same time .

exactly that is why i ordered

also the reason bono has so many sunglasses

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 14.38.16.png

4 hours ago, Cats4ever said:

In the 70's Patpong was a great place. I remember Sugar Shack as a cool place. Bobby's Arms in the car park was a good drinking spot, where all types gathered in a good spirit. Yes, the Foodland was a handy asset also. A military government brought in midnight closing at one time. The bar I was in organised a convoy of taxis (traffic was allowed then) to take all who wanted to some large house in the burbs, where the show continued. Nothing stays the same forever, sometimes good and sometimes bad.

I would order a steak with a red wine sauce at Bobby's Arms every time. Some really good food.

• Like 1

I've had many a great times in Patpong over the last decade, although quality of many of the gogos is diminishing. I find Pink Panther to be the best, and the Muay Thai nightly entertainment is great fun to take visiting friends ...
The French restaurant right in Patpong between ladyboys and beer bars is one of the best French restaurants in Thailand IMHO

• Like 1