Prostitution, the CIA, David Bowie and Patpong – Undercover in Bangkok infamous red light district

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, WhatupThailand said:

Surprised no one has mentioned Uncle Sam's Steak House, or Lucy's Tiger Den

13 minutes ago, WhatupThailand said:

Or Rick Menards place or Max's or Bobby Dees hotdog stand or Mizu Kitchen or many others.    I first went there in 1967 but hate to say I am having a hard time trying to remember the names of the earlier places.

• Like 2

Just now, sunnyboy2018 said:

Its a big place but like Patpong spoilt by mass tourism. Bring your table tennis racquet and you will have fun I'm sure.

Yeah right Sunnyboy, don't forget to update your Facebook page! You may have some likes! 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

Or Rick Menards place or Max's or Bobby Dees hotdog stand or Mizu Kitchen or many others.    I first went there in 1967 but hate to say I am having a hard time trying to remember the names of the earlier places.

The 60s. If you can remember it you weren't there!  Cleopatra's...a smack front. The Kangaroo club...BJ bar...Bobbies Pub..

9 hours ago, DonaldBattles said:

I lived on Silom Road near Patpong for 25 years. There was more to Patpong than sex shows. Some good eating places, shops and Foodland. The Madrid on Patpong 1 was my favorite meeting place. Khun Daeng ran a respectable business and had good food. Jack Shirley entertained us for years with old CIA stories. When Tony Poe came to town there was lots of excitement. Also, when John Daughtrey came from Sadia there was a lot of free drinks. I am retired in Chiang Rai now but I really miss Patpong.

You are correct. All so called red light areas in Thailand offer plenty of other entertainment including bars,  restaurants and shops. Walking street has loads going on as does Soi Nana and Soi cowboy. They are entertainment zones but PP lost its mojo sometime in the 90s. New police chief? New municipal rules?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cats4ever said:

In the 70's Patpong was a great place. I remember Sugar Shack as a cool place. Bobby's Arms in the car park was a good drinking spot, where all types gathered in a good spirit. Yes, the Foodland was a handy asset also. A military government brought in midnight closing at one time. The bar I was in organised a convoy of taxis (traffic was allowed then) to take all who wanted to some large house in the burbs, where the show continued. Nothing stays the same forever, sometimes good and sometimes bad.

I remember The Other Office in  the early 70's.  At that time the British Council had two different offices in BKK.  If a wife rang her husband and he was out, she was told he was in the other office - which of course he was ... but not the one she thought it was. Visited again in the early 90's it was quiet, but my friend was given a BJ openly at the bar on the ground floor. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

So now they admit that prostitution has been around in Thailand for years.....LOL

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They admit that it happened years ago, but the Americans convinced them to make it illegal, and it hasn't happened since then:-)

None of the authorities or government agencies has ever claimed that prostitution doesn't exist in Thailand!

Edited by Just Weird

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:
9 hours ago, Dermah said:

Why do they do that?

Unfortunately forum rules do not allow us to explain such to you.

They do that for the entertainment of some bars' customers and explaining why they do it isn't against the rules.

Edited by Just Weird

1 hour ago, Spaniel said:
1 hour ago, WhatupThailand said:

Surprised no one has mentioned Uncle Sam's Steak House, or Lucy's Tiger Den

Or Rick Menards place or Max's or Bobby Dees hotdog stand or Mizu Kitchen or many others. 

Mizu's was mentioned in the OP, great place but it took a week to get rid of the smell of the sizzling steaks from your clothes.

14 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:
35 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Patpong 1, upstairs, next door to the Derby King restaurant.

FireCat

Think you may be right, that rings a bell.   Motorbike lowered from the floor above through a hole in the ceiling with a soon-to-be-copulating couple on it.

10 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:
12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I just watched the entire "official" VDO and nothing at all in it suggests Patpong or even Thailand.

It was filmed mostly in Chinatown in Sydney,,,,

Strewth! It's a work of fiction that purportedly takes place in Bangkok with allusions to willing younger female partners with uninhibited libidos, lesbians and guilt-free sex.

I discovered Patpong around 1979 and as far as I can recall, the above was what it was ALL about.

4 hours ago, Duck J Butters said:

All that stuff still exists. You just need to be tech savvy to find out where it is. Some of the most posh clubs in Thailand are in the trampiest, dirtiest areas. For example, I had to travel 1000 feet through a sewer once to get to an orgy with Thai celebs. Thailand has gone digital 4.0. Many crazy parties and wild times in Thailand in 2020 that would make the 70s look lame. Way better designer drugs now too. Must be tech savvy to get connected. Everything isn't out in the open like it used to be. Great party in Bangkok called The Hush Hush but you won't be reading about it on Google or anywhere on the public web. Going to need to know how to use a Tor Browser to get updates on its shifting location...which will likely be in some random abandoned warehouse in Bangkok...somewhere...no one ever knows where the party will go down. 

Ping pong and other  shows still around in Soi cowboy and in Pattaya

Lucy's, Madrid, Kings Castle, Star of Light, Kangaroo, Derby King that had Big Bill working making the best Reuben on rye this side of the Pacific. You could order delivery from the bar at Goldfingers. If we were up from Pattaya on a long weekend debauch in Bangkok, booking the 3-bedroom suite at the MMM (sahm em) apartments was a must. How the housekeeping kept us stocked with fresh dry towels was a mystery but we tipped them well.

• Like 2