Prostitution, the CIA, David Bowie and Patpong – Undercover in Bangkok infamous red light district

snoop1130

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:40 AM, sanemax said:

Full on live sex shows and  ping pong balls , blow darts and bananas flying all over the place .

Holding a ballon up awaiting a dart to come flying out a vagina aiming to burst the  ballon is a frightening experience .

You are trying to cover your eyes and look at the same time .

I assume you didn't have insurance cover in those days sanemax  ?

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:11 AM, Damrongsak said:

Used to be a bar where expatriates would gather on a weekend afternoon and play Dixieland Jazz. 

Napoleon. George (I forgot his Thai name) was the proprietor. He was a graduate of Syracuse University. Sunday afternoon at 6 pm was the jazz night.

Edited by mackayae
  • Thanks 1

Not all of the upstairs bars were so terrible. The Rose was quite nice actually.

I remember reading an article about this: 

in Rolling stone magazine. I used to go there now and then. I remember a guy ringing the bell repeatedly for a full house one night. I had three drinks lined up behind the one I was drinking. I went over to thank him. A nice Scottish gentleman. There were a number of interesting types in there, and large back-lit transparencies of the twins with Montagnards upcountry in Vietnam or across the borders someplace. Rebel (US) flag on the wall. I found it to be really quite amazing.