Khor Lor 2 Now Being Required Marriage Extensions

This week I went to Chaengwattana for a 60 day marriage extension and unlike before I was asked for the Khor lor 2. Previously our original marriage certificate was okay.

While getting it, the khor lor 2, at the nearby 'khet' they said that within Bangkok it is required. Maybe, I'm slightly on the negative side but I find their continual change of requirements 100% intentional. The I/O in the back had to look at us before she gave a response as to whether the original certificate (not the khor lor 2) was acceptable or not. Also, the lady that checked the documents prior to our queue, mentioned it may or may not be okay. TIT ????

But my point of this post is that, I'm wondering if now a lot of others are finding themselves having to go get the 'khor lor 2' when previously not needing to. Or maybe its just new to me.

• Haha 2

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I guess I was just a bit surprised as previously (for me) only the marriage certificate was fine. At least, I got it done with. And yeah, it was quite easy and thankfully there was no que at the khet.

Edited by Solinvictus

On 11/14/2019 at 8:12 PM, fishtank said:

It has been required everywhere for years.

No problem to get.

That's a bit of a broad statement if ever there was one! How would you possibly know it's required everywhere?

As far as my own experience goes, I've done 4 marriage extensions in 2 different offices and this last one, in August, was the first time I've been asked for one.

Agree with your second sentence however.

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

That's a bit of a broad statement if ever there was one! How would you possibly know it's required everywhere?

Because I read a lot of TV posts and the vast member of posters mention this.

For the sake of 20 Baht why risk being refused?

Edited by fishtank

3 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Because I read a lot of TV posts and the vast member of posters mention this.

For the sake of 20 Baht why risk being refused?

I also read TVF, it's where I learned most of the extension related requirements. The requirement for Khor Lor 2 has popped up on a few occasions. and as I said, I was only asked for this for the first time on my 4th extension and others have also made similar statements, some quite recently.

I do not recall the 'vast member (sic) of posters mentioning this'. Had been aware I would surely have inquired about it. As it was, I didn't even know what it was until this last August. Fortunately, my wife did know.

Have a nice day.

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2019 at 8:12 PM, fishtank said:

It has been required everywhere for years.

No problem to get.

On 11/15/2019 at 5:56 PM, Varrius said:

Exactly, a fresh kor ror 2 has been required at Kanchanaburi and Surin for some years. 

I agree "It has been required everywhere for years" is a "broad statement." You should accept that. Then a poster goes on to say "Exactly.." Well, maybe for those offices you have had experience with.

On 11/16/2019 at 7:04 AM, Moonlover said:

As far as my own experience goes, I've done 4 marriage extensions in 2 different offices and this last one, in August, was the first time I've been asked for one.

Agree with your second sentence however.

On 11/16/2019 at 7:57 AM, Moonlover said:

I also read TVF, it's where I learned most of the extension related requirements. The requirement for Khor Lor 2 has popped up on a few occasions. and as I said, I was only asked for this for the first time on my 4th extension and others have also made similar statements, some quite recently.

I do not recall the 'vast member (sic) of posters mentioning this'. Had been aware I would surely have inquired about it. As it was, I didn't even know what it was until this last August. Fortunately, my wife did know.

Have a nice day.

Yeah, what we have here is immigration not always being uniform in their demands as far as paperwork goes. I too, read good information regarding immigration on here and one thing is for sure, things are again, not always 'uniform' when dealing with these people. TIT ????????????

• Like 1

It's always been required. I have posted as I've seen theads like this pop up.

Last few years an updated kr2 required, not original.

Last year the original not the updated.

Totally insane. I can see the updated. The original is superfelous.

Bring both!! 555

I bring everything. Copy and original affidavit to marry. Everything.

Edited by Number 6
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

i'm marry to a thai, live in bangkok, i have all my papper work with a marriage cert., my i ask where can i go to obtain one of these, my khor lor 2 come with my marriage cert does not look like this one

kor.jpg

Edited by clorox

5 minutes ago, playboy said:

Can I just bring my US marriage certificate to any Amphur, pay 30 baht and ask for Kor ror 2?

Nope, you can't.

There's a whole thread here about steps required to legalize your US marriage.

Here it is:

Edited by unheard

7 hours ago, clorox said:

i'm marry to a thai, live in bangkok, i have all my papper work with a marriage cert., my i ask where can i go to obtain one of these, my khor lor 2 come with my marriage cert does not look like this one

The Kor Ror 2 is 2 to 3 pages long. Have your wife go to any Amphoe and request a print out ot it after showing her ID card.

Your real marriage certificate is the fancy flowery one. That appears to just be a translation of it.