Khor Lor 2 Now Being Required Marriage Extensions

7 hours ago, playboy said:

Can I just bring my US marriage certificate to any Amphur, pay 30 baht and ask for Kor ror 2?

You would get a Kor Ror 22 after you register your foreign marriage at a Amphoe.

You will need your marriage certificate legalized and then translated to Thai and then have it certified by Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok.

On 11/14/2019 at 8:39 PM, NotEinstein said:

You don't need to get a new one every year, only just before the first extension, that can then be used for subsequent extensions.

Hat Yai the KR2 must be no older than 6 months, the document is date stamped.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You would get a Kor Ror 22 after you register your foreign marriage at a Amphoe.

You will need your marriage certificate legalized and then translated to Thai and then have it certified by Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok.

Hi Ubonjoe, how I make my marriage certificate legalized?  Isn’t already legalized?  And then use that legalized marriage certificate to translate to Thai (can I translate myself by write on paper or print out from computer since I can write read Thai?) and then make appointment with US consulate to be certified by Department of Consular affairs of MFA in Bangkok.(assume it so in Consulate) and (what is MFA?). ? ????????

1 hour ago, playboy said:

Hi Ubonjoe, how I make my marriage certificate legalized?  Isn’t already legalized?  And then use that legalized marriage certificate to translate to Thai (can I translate myself by write on paper or print out from computer since I can write read Thai?) and then make appointment with US consulate to be certified by Department of Consular affairs of MFA in Bangkok.(assume it so in Consulate) and (what is MFA?). ? ????????

You can do a self certification affidavit of your marriage certificate at the US embassy or the consulate in Chiang Mai that will be accepted for legalization. From embassy website

1526942668_Selfcertification.jpg.4d5ceb38ad890a576e6f6c0e5c7c8bc3.jpg

Source: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/

After doing the affidavit it and your marriage certificate would have to be translated at service that would put their stamp on them.

Then they would have be certified Department of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Info here: http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/services/6441/71860-ขั้นตอนการรับรองนิติกรณ์เอกสาร---Legalization-Proc.html

It would not legalized unless it was certified by the state where you married and then at the Thai embassy or one of the official consulates. Info here on department of state website. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/records-and-authentications/authenticate-your-document/office-of-authentications.html

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do a self certification affidavit of your marriage certificate at the US embassy or the consulate in Chiang Mai that will be accepted for legalization. From embassy website

1526942668_Selfcertification.jpg.4d5ceb38ad890a576e6f6c0e5c7c8bc3.jpg

Source: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/

After doing the affidavit it and your marriage certificate would have to be translated at service that would put their stamp on them.

Then they would have be certified Department of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Info here: http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/services/6441/71860-ขั้นตอนการรับรองนิติกรณ์เอกสาร---Legalization-Proc.html

It would not legalized unless it was certified by the state where you married and then at the Thai embassy or one of the official consulates. Info here on department of state website. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/records-and-authentications/authenticate-your-document/office-of-authentications.html

Thank you very much Ubonjoe????????????????

I just figure out from reading those cases in the forum (if I am correctly understated) that “ if our visa expired and our last 90 days entered stamp is expired but stay with the amnesty till 31 July, we can not apply for 60 days, retirement or marriage extension due to we are no longer legal.  So only solution now is 30 day border crossing exempt(if there is one!) and then convert the visa to other visa after legally stay,  or get embassy letter to get extension for 30 day (what kind of letter?)  (but US consulate has a sign that they do not do that!) or wait till news from cabinet to extend the amnesty.

15 minutes ago, playboy said:

I just figure out from reading those cases in the forum (if I am correctly understated) that “ if our visa expired and our last 90 days entered stamp is expired but stay with the amnesty till 31 July, we can not apply for 60 days, retirement or marriage extension due to we are no longer legal.  So only solution now is 30 day border crossing exempt(if there is one!) and then convert the visa to other visa after legally stay,  or get embassy letter to get extension for 30 day (what kind of letter?)  (but US consulate has a sign that they do not do that!) or wait till news from cabinet to extend the amnesty.

You should be able to apply for the 60 day extension on or before the 31st if the amnesty is not extended. You do not need any specific type of entry to do it. The one year extension might be a problem since you should have a valid non-o visa entry to do the application.

The letter from the embassy was one requesting you be issued a 30 day extension.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You should be able to apply for the 60 day extension on or before the 31st if the amnesty is not extended. You do not need any specific type of entry to do it. The one year extension might be a problem since you should have a valid non-o visa entry to do the application.

The letter from the embassy was one requesting you be issued a 30 day extension.

????????????????

13 hours ago, Stocky said:

Hat Yai the KR2 must be no older than 6 months, the document is date stamped.

For my last extension, in Buriram, they refused the one we gave because it was about 2 weeks old. No big deal as my wife could get a new one in the building in about 10 minutes.