TM30 and TM28 Jomtien Immigration

1 hour ago, OZEMADE said:

Re TM28.

My wife made inquiries re the TM28 form and did I have to fill one in if I was away from my home for over 24 hours say at Hua Hin, or Koh Chang Island for a few days.

The officer stated NO, the hotel or owner of the home that I am staying will fill in a form and take a copy of my Passport and address.  They will forward this to Immigration.

Obviously there was either a communication problem between your wife and the IO or the IO just had no idea what he was talking about.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, jackdd said:

Obviously there was either a communication problem between your wife and the IO or the IO just had no idea what he was talking about.

No the Immigration Officer has worked there for over 20 years and my wife had her sister with her who is Thai and speaks good English and works casual at the Immigration office. My wife is fluent in Thai and English as well.

I see where another member has agreed with my comments exactly.

Patong Immigration at Phuket stated the same re TM 28, according to a friend I know down there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OZEMADE said:

No the Immigration Officer has worked there for over 20 years and my wife had her sister with her who is Thai and speaks good English and works casual at the Immigration office. My wife is fluent in Thai and English as well.

I see where another member has agreed with my comments exactly.

Patong Immigration at Phuket stated the same re TM 28, according to a friend I know down there. 

The info is still wrong and also does not match the info given on the phuket immigration hompage: http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/info/s37.php

I assume that the other poster was agreeing to the TM30 part, i doubt many people ask about TM28.

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The info is still wrong and also does not match the info given on the phuket immigration hompage: http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/info/s37.php

I assume that the other poster was agreeing to the TM30 part, i doubt many people ask about TM28.

I saw what Phuket Immigration stated. However I did not mention Phuket Immigration, I mentioned Patong Immigration at Phuket just down from Bangla road.

Edited by OZEMADE

Different circumstances , but I was told i needed to fill in my own TM28 as when I asked for an extension 30 days ( I’m a tourist) they will need the TM28 receipt stapled into my passport. Otherwise no extension.

The TM30 is duly filled out and done online by the office of my rented condo in Jomtien when I arrive. She gives me a copy. 

When going the next day to immigration myself,  I take this proof of online TM30 and the necessary documents passport etc. 

I usually see the Mann with many rings on fingers . Get a number, wait in left side office. 

When the date comes for an extension 30 days, they ask for the receipt , I give my docs , get stamped, pay my 1900B.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jackdd said:

Why? He is correct! When away from home the hotel or home owner will fill out a TM30 and submit it to the I. Office there.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The section which i quoted is about TM28, not TM30.

Yes, she asked about TM28s but I think his reply is referring to TM30s being submitted while out of province thus intimating that a TM28 is unnecessary, i.e., surplus to requirements.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, moonseeker said:

Was told exactly same, with addition "if on retirement extension". 

However have now had friends who were told they have to stop by again, if spent time abroad. MS>

A few weeks ago was told no need for TM30 if returning to same address and have previous TM30 in passport. I leave. Thailand at least 10 times a year and have never been challenged at the last 7 years extension renewals in Jomtien.

5 hours ago, moonseeker said:

Was told exactly same, with addition "if on retirement extension". 

However have now had friends who were told they have to stop by again, if spent time abroad. MS>

Correct if you leave Thailand for any reason, you must have Immigration do another new TM30 to place into your Passport. Even if it is still the same address.

I would also to add that I have never had to do a TM30 or a TM28 in the 16 years I have been Retired in Thailand. This is the first time had to do TM30 and I leave Thailand twice a year.

Edited by OZEMADE
Update