Why can I never top up myAIS app using a visa debit or credit card

randymarsh

On 11/16/2019 at 10:17 PM, VBF said:

Thanks - I've got a friend doing a few 20 Baht topups for me using the machines outside Family Mart. Each 20 Baht extends my validity for 1 month up to a maximum of 1 year. 

So if he's not available (or even if he is) your solution is much more satisfactory.

Mean you leave Thailand for more than 1 year? Because else before you leave you take care you have a new validity of 1 year and then you not have to worry at all!

If you not want put too much money, there is always the option for 3/6/12 month extra validity I think it costs about 2 baht per month..

This is only recommended, when you not use a lot of money on your SIM. if you use the Money, then Topup a few times before leave so you have your 12 months is the best.

6 hours ago, HampiK said:

Mean you leave Thailand for more than 1 year? Because else before you leave you take care you have a new validity of 1 year and then you not have to worry at all!

If you not want put too much money, there is always the option for 3/6/12 month extra validity I think it costs about 2 baht per month..

This is only recommended, when you not use a lot of money on your SIM. if you use the Money, then Topup a few times before leave so you have your 12 months is the best.

Thanks for the advice @HampiK- normally, I do exactly that as I go to Thailand in the UK winter months, leaving before Songkran  and my expiry date WAS April 2020.

However, for various reasons, I may not make it back to Thailand this coming winter, so by judicious top ups, am extending my expiry to nearly 18 months. That way my phone is still usable when I finally do return.

I now have various options to achieve what I need......all good. ????

Archived