Finance Ministry to roll out supporting measures after factory closedowns

webfact

10 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Can you not read? The poster was saying it isn’t the government’s fault. I didn’t say it was ‘all’ the government’s fault. Don’t take my words out of context. I asked, if you can’t blame them then who can you blame? As in, if this poster thinks the government shouldn’t take any blame, then what’s the point in even having a government?

And when a government buys Ridiculously expensive and frivolous military equipment in a time of economic woe, it’s more than fair that people take it out on them. 

OK now I understand where you're coming from. Yes you are 100% right and everyone else is 100% wrong, happy now! Byee!

5 minutes ago, saengd said:

OK now I understand where you're coming from. Yes you are 100% right and everyone else is 100% wrong, happy now! Byee!

If you're gonna make questionable claims, some people will ask you to back them up. I know, I know - it's a crazy world we live in now.  

5 hours ago, saengd said:

Exactly, but posters don't want to hear that, all they want yet another reason to blame the government for something, anything!

not anything, EVERYTHING, after all theyve  had 5  odd  years and NO control over them whatsoever.............everything should be superb  by now

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The Finance Minister said it is still diffficult to forecast economic growth next year

It will be lower than the forecast 3.3%.

BOT Deputy Governor Mathee Supapongse:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1133865-thailand%C2%A0central-bank-to-lower-growth-outlook-still-has-scope-to-support-economy/?utm_source=newsletter-20191114-0607&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

The central bank will review its 2019 and 2020 economic growth forecasts - currently at 2.8% and 3.3%, respectively - at its next monetary policy meeting on Dec. 18.

"They will likely come down, but by how much will depend on latest economic data at that time,"

20 hours ago, saengd said:
20 hours ago, saengd said:

Second: for people who can't actually get past the headline and understand the problem in more detail, it would help if they understood the impact of the US/China trade wars on the Thai economy and in particular, on Thai exports, the major component of Thai GDP. But it's easier to slam a military government than it is to look at fact, it's also convenient that THB is overly strong which again must be the fault of the government I suppose.

>> the impact of the US/China trade wars

Many countries around Thailand benefited from this. They attracted new companies escaping China. It's strange, but most companies didn't go to Thailand. You can guess why.

>> convenient that THB is overly strong which again must be the fault of the government I suppose.

The government is to blame for that, yes. And they can do something about this easily. But for some strange reason they do not.  I think some people connected with the government benefit from a high exchange rate. There must be a reason why they don't do much.

Archived