Pelosi says Trump has admitted to bribery as impeachment probe intensifies

webfact

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No that’s a paraphrase of the terms of Impeachment outlined by Schiff in his opening statement.

I understand and entirely that you may not have been paying attention.

ah you refer to the due process which is not existing.

wbr

roobaa01

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Kelsall said:

Agree.

Nancy is in the unenviable position of being damned if you do and damned if you don't.  If she does impeach, the Republicans in the Senate will have a field day with this, calling the whistleblower, Biden and his son, and Adam Schiff to name just a few.  Also they will drag all this into the primary season where Warren and Sanders will have to be in session instead of campaigning. 

If she fails to impeach, the result is this whole mess will be recognized by everyone, even the haters, as the nothing burger it is. 

????????????????????????

Just to set the record straight for you who do not understand how the US constitution works. The house weighs the evidence, and send it to the Senate for a vote. That process has already begun. The house votes, and then the Senate will vote. The Senate is acting like the Jury an its presided over by the Supreme court. As this impeachment is yet even to declare what the crime is, and has been absolutely 100% partisan, it has zero chance of the senate voting YES which would take 2/3 of the Senate. They will be lucky to get all democrats on board to send it to the Senate. In the Senate it is dead on arrival. That is simply the way it is. What that means is this is nothing but a show. And its going to turn out bad, as its all a set up. ONE: The whistleblower law here does not even apply to the President. Read it. It's clear.  Two: The President is in his right to ask for any investigation as its already public record that the Democrats sent operatives to Ukraine in 2016, and asked the State  department to stop the investigation of Biden. That is what Trump was asking them to look into. Now all of this is going to accomplish one thing. The Biden crime syndicate is going down. Now this is just the facts, I know that everyone is going to post a bunch of generalized garbage "What about Trump" but there isn't anything to talk about. For crying out loud, In my life I have never heard of a VP setting up his son with an 85K a month job where he did nothing. he was on the board of a Ukraine gas company? At the same time the OBama Admin was asking the Ukraine gov to pump of the volume of gas production, and getting 85K a month in what you could call stolen money from the Ukraine. It is sick - its serious - and they are going to go down. This impeachment is a sorry attempt to prevent that from happening. Sorry to break the news! Statements like asking Nancy to impeach are a bit ridiculous considering the process has begun already. Now in the meantime, Attorney General Barr, and US Federal attorneys have opened a criminal investigation into the intelligence services et al, spying on the Trump campaign, leaking and using the dossier to obtain warrants. A political party accused the President of the United States with zero evidence of very sick things. Let me emphasize NO evidence. and a 2 year Mueller investigation failed to deliver the conspiracy the Democrats so badly wanted. It is literally over for them as soon as Barr drops the indictments. Maybe I am wrong and Barr will have nothing to say........but doubtful as he would not have turned it into a "criminal investigation" unless he needs to indict and convene a grand jury. The tables have turned! 

4 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

ah you refer to the due process which is not existing.

wbr

roobaa01

Trump is being impeached under the rules set by the Republicans.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-rages-about-impeachment-twitter-he-has-republicans-blame-rules-ncna1078921

’Due process’ is a term applicable to criminal investigations/criminal trials.

If this we’re a criminal investigation/trial, which it is not, Trump’s instructions to witnesses that they should not appear to give testimony would be open and shut witnesses tampering.

8 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Just to set the record straight for you who do not understand how the US constitution works. The house weighs the evidence, and send it to the Senate for a vote. That process has already begun. The house votes, and then the Senate will vote. The Senate is acting like the Jury an its presided over by the Supreme court. As this impeachment is yet even to declare what the crime is, and has been absolutely 100% partisan, it has zero chance of the senate voting YES which would take 2/3 of the Senate. They will be lucky to get all democrats on board to send it to the Senate. In the Senate it is dead on arrival. That is simply the way it is. What that means is this is nothing but a show. And its going to turn out bad, as its all a set up. ONE: The whistleblower law here does not even apply to the President. Read it. It's clear.  Two: The President is in his right to ask for any investigation as its already public record that the Democrats sent operatives to Ukraine in 2016, and asked the State  department to stop the investigation of Biden. That is what Trump was asking them to look into. Now all of this is going to accomplish one thing. The Biden crime syndicate is going down. Now this is just the facts, I know that everyone is going to post a bunch of generalized garbage "What about Trump" but there isn't anything to talk about. For crying out loud, In my life I have never heard of a VP setting up his son with an 85K a month job where he did nothing. he was on the board of a Ukraine gas company? At the same time the OBama Admin was asking the Ukraine gov to pump of the volume of gas production, and getting 85K a month in what you could call stolen money from the Ukraine. It is sick - its serious - and they are going to go down. This impeachment is a sorry attempt to prevent that from happening. Sorry to break the news! Statements like asking Nancy to impeach are a bit ridiculous considering the process has begun already. Now in the meantime, Attorney General Barr, and US Federal attorneys have opened a criminal investigation into the intelligence services et al, spying on the Trump campaign, leaking and using the dossier to obtain warrants. A political party accused the President of the United States with zero evidence of very sick things. Let me emphasize NO evidence. and a 2 year Mueller investigation failed to deliver the conspiracy the Democrats so badly wanted. It is literally over for them as soon as Barr drops the indictments. Maybe I am wrong and Barr will have nothing to say........but doubtful as he would not have turned it into a "criminal investigation" unless he needs to indict and convene a grand jury. The tables have turned! 

" As this impeachment is yet even to declare what the crime is, and has been absolutely 100% partisan, it has zero chance of the senate voting YES which would take 2/3 of the Senate. "

So the crime has not yet been decided, let alone the evidence been presented, but the conclusion of the senate has been firmly set already.

1 hour ago, DoctorG said:

These documents are far more interesting than third hand hearsay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=665BUICCihw

If all these vilifying documents are already in the public domain, then why is DJT, the self-styled champion corruption fighter of the free world farting about sending Rudy Giuliani and his cohorts to Kyiv to dig up the dirt that apparently already exists in spades in the public domain?

A point to note.

While Impeachment is not a criminal justice process, crimes uncovered during an Impeachment investigation and/or Impeachment hearings may found the basis of criminal indictment.

I’m sure Sondland had that in mind when he went back to correct his earlier testimony.

It will certainly be something witnesses and subjects of this Impeachment will have in mind.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A point to note.

While Impeachment is not a criminal justice process, crimes uncovered during an Impeachment investigation and/or Impeachment hearings may found the basis of criminal indictment.

I’m sure Sondland had that in mind when he went back to correct his earlier testimony.

It will certainly be something witnesses and subjects of this Impeachment will have in mind.

Will be nice to also have some actually talk about the evidence instead of irrelevant debunked biden blah blah blah

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

" As this impeachment is yet even to declare what the crime is, and has been absolutely 100% partisan, it has zero chance of the senate voting YES which would take 2/3 of the Senate. "

So the crime has not yet been decided, let alone the evidence been presented, but the conclusion of the senate has been firmly set already.

You haven’t been paying attention to how Impeachment works, or it seems to the fact public opinion will play a significant part in how Senators vote.

3 hours ago, Thainesss said:

I repeat, this is the 3rd impeachment attempt

Surely this says more about the lying misogynistic narcissist in residence at the WH, than about the fine men and women trying to do their job of holding office bearers to account.

i mean... really? Al Capone was accused countless times, so he must really have been innocent... right?

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As has been explained to you more than once, the Impeachment hearings are in process, witnesses have only just started to present their evidence and the courts have yet to rule on witnesses being withheld by Trump’s instructions.

The Impeachment hearings are where the evidence is presented, once the hearings are complete the house will vote on impeachment.

Now sit back, pay attention to the hearings and give the witnesses time to present their testimony.

As I said earlier, if you didn’t like the behind closed doors investigations, you are just going to love the public testimonies.

Enjoy.

When I read between your lines, you didn't watch the LIVE inquiry.

It might be best to not comment at all on the evidence and testimony that clearly shows one thing and is always denied by those that believe the sun comes out if Donald bends over. Maybe just let the ‘gang’ gabble away in distorted gibberish amongst themselves. They won’t change their minds and even with overwhelming ironclad proof, will always fall back on ‘fake news’ or ‘but what about’ mantras.  

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

As this impeachment is yet even to declare what the crime is, and has been absolutely 100% partisan, it has zero chance of the senate voting YES which would take 2/3 of the Senate. "

Edited just now by stevenl

This is following on what has been an attempt since 2016 to remove the President - obvious to all except someone who has been in a coma. As for what caused this, 1. The whistleblower law does not apply to the President. Read it. 2. The so called whistleblower was coached in advance of his complaint by democrat and other operatives, in a clear case of colluding together. 3. Even so, Nothing the President did is against the law, he has every right to ask that the Gov of Ukraine look into something that has dropped into the public record. 4. The President also sets foreign policy and he can certainly ask a Gov to look into something and insure corruption is not taking place regarding US money. Its done all the time with virtually ALL US foreign policy - again unless you have been in a coma your entire life. 5. Regarding putting the phone call into secure storage. It is not a crime to store a phone call in a more private GOVERNMENT location. Especially in the face of leaking. 6. The honorable thing for disgruntled non-elected bureaucrats to do is resign. If they are unhappy with policy that is the usual course of action. To remain and attempt to subvert the policy of the President is wrongful behavior and is against the law. That is what this whistleblower is. 7. It is not criminal for the President to use channels other then the State Dept. Often in US history this has happened. 8. The President is acting within his right to set policy as defined by the US constitution.  Finally,  you are looking at, right in front of your face , the fact that the former VP Bidens son wound up on boards in UKRAINE and CHINA (in China to the tune of 1.5 BILLION dollars) and profited from MONEY that was sent direct to his account in exchange for U.S. Policy. The President of the USA would like to know what's up.  AS I said previously, if you are unhappy, I am open to all bets. Sick to death of this. In my life (over 60) I have never seen a political party behave so ruthless. This is s party that accused a Supreme Court nominee of being a gang rapist. They did that in front of his family. No evidence. They don't care. They accused the POTUS of being a Russian spy and stooge, No evidence. They don't care. They accused the POTUS of having Prostitutes <deleted> on a bed used by the former President and 1st lady in a hotel. No evidence. They don't care. I have never seen anything like this. A sick bunch, and they are going to all get whats coming to them, and then the USA will be back on a normal track. You will see. And when you do I will come back here and post! I hate posting politics here, but I can't seem to get away from it. 

What most people here don't seem to be getting is that even in the unlikely event that Joseph Biden committed a crime, Trump would still not have the right to extort the Ukrainian government into an investigation.

There are proper legal channels for that.   Illegally withholding aid is not one of them. Telling the President of Ukraine 8 times to contact your personal advocate is not one of them.

6 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

A sick bunch, and they are going to all get whats coming to them, and then the USA will be back on a normal track. You will see. And when you do I will come back here and post! I hate posting politics here, but I can't seem to get away from it. 

Does anybody else but me not how many right wingers invoke the future to justify their case. Either they're full of it or they're all time travelers.

21 minutes ago, stevenl said:

5 minutes ago, Sir Swagman said:

It might be best to not comment at all on the evidence and testimony that clearly shows one thing and is always denied by those that believe the sun comes out if Donald bends over. Maybe just let the ‘gang’ gabble away in distorted gibberish amongst themselves. They won’t change their minds and even with overwhelming ironclad proof, will always fall back on ‘fake news’ or ‘but what about’ mantras.  

There is no crime. This is not how it is done.  For Nixon's impeachment there was a clear watergate hotel break-in and cover up, in this case they made an accusation of something that is not even criminal, and the transcript was released. The criminal is Biden and his son. Why is that not obvious to you? Less then one year before he got on the board of Burisma he was booted from the USNR for testing positive for Cocaine. And has been in/out of rehab, but later wound up getting 1.5 BILLION with a B funneled into his hedge fund...AN UNKNOWN UNTESTED UNPROVEN fund.....the Chinese put 1.5 Billion,,,, and Burisma...they tried to get the prosecutor fired. Biden shows up and goes on the record, telling them "Fire the prosecutor or no funds" Regarding the so called Quid pro quo...the President of Ukraine himself has said no such thing existed, in fact HE DID NOT EVEN KNOW ANY FUNDS were held up....This is all insane.... so there are the FACTS...CAN YOU SEE THEM? READ THEM! This is a sham to cover Biden and his disgusting money grubbing scum pocket filling family. Never have I seen anything like this. Democrats are done as soon as the Indictments start coming down from DOJ. The con game ends!

7 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

Wrong. The idea that Trump is guilty of Bribery is nothing but more leftist semantics. This entire Dog N Pony show is nothing more then the last ditch effort of a Democrat party about to be crushed under the weight of indictments. In this particular instance of the conspiracy to remove the President its cover for the Joe Biden crime family. The VP made $210k a year, but his son Hunter was paid about $1.5 million to sit on a board of Ukranian Burisma simply to be the bagman for the money. The same son who repeated this game with Chinese money. The same son who less then one year before Burisma was booted out of the United States Naval Reserve Officer program for testing positive for Cocaine. The biggest scandal in US history - and they want to impeach a President? The same Dem party that accused the Pres of being a Russian spy? Anyone who thinks that Trump will be Impeached by these crooked clowns is nuts!  I'll take All bets!

He'' be impeached al right. The House handles impeachment and needs only a majority vote and they have a majority.   It then goes to the Senate where a trial is conducted and he will be found not guilty because in the Senate you need a 2/3rd majority out of 100 or 67 votes   

There is no doubt Truo has violated the Constitution- he admits to it as well as his minions that surround him.

It doesn't matter what Biden's son did or didn't do.  the ony reason Trump cares is he wants to find something to smear the former Vice president and there is nothing there- The FBI, CIA have already done their work and found nothing. Trump is scared Biden can actually beat him.

Joe Biden will most likely become President and most of America and the World can breathe again.

29 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You haven’t been paying attention to how Impeachment works, or it seems to the fact public opinion will play a significant part in how Senators vote.

Yes, I have, and yes, I know how it works.

But if a poster claims the senate has reached a conclusion already I call him out on that.

10 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

What most people here don't seem to be getting is that even in the unlikely event that Joseph Biden committed a crime, Trump would still not have the right to extort the Ukrainian government into an investigation.

There are proper legal channels for that.   Illegally withholding aid is not one of them. Telling the President of Ukraine 8 times to contact your personal advocate is not one of them.

"The unlikely event" So let's just break it down. Biden's son, less then one year previous is booted from a commission in the United States Naval Reserve Officer Program for testing positive for cocaine. A program Daddy had pushed for him to get into because he was too old for the program. Less then one year later, he follows Daddy to Ukraine, as US Policy is asking Ukraine to up the volume on gas production, his son joins the firm of a guy who has been giving himself oil and gas exploration and production contracts illegally. And Hunter Biden, no experience in gas&Oil, no experience in Ukraine now sits on the board and begins to collect $85,000.00 USD a month from the Poor Ukraine. When a new Ukraine prosecutor begins to investigate the firm, Daddy Joe Biden VP, goes to Ukraine and ORDERS them to fire the Prosecutor or funds will be held. Incidentally, the Obama admin gave squat to Ukraine, it was Trump who game them arms. So you read all this and have the nerve to say in the "Unlikely event" . It is literally the most egregious corruption case I have ever seen in my life. Seriously, you don't see it? All politics aside you don't see it?  In China, the case with Biden is even far more uglier. I could go into this for hours man.

55 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Because most lefties tend to be literate and don't need to get information via videos, they get their information from something called the written word. Something right wingers don't seem nearly so fond of to judge by the number of dubious videos they cite.. Probably they prefer videos because it's a lot easier to analyze text and catch misinformation in text than it is in a video.

Somebody just posted an excellent comment that I'm going to steal.

Just when we thought that your comments couldn't get any emptier, they do...

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, I have, and yes, I know how it works.

But if a poster claims the senate has reached a conclusion already I call him out on that.

What is the crime? What is the "High crime and misdemeanor ? Where is any bi-partisan consensus. There will be NO removal of the President of the United States. The Biden crime family? The indictments from Barr? All coming soon. To impeach a President for something that is obviously not a crime. is obvious to everyone except those who like to spout generalization of dislike against Trump. The first day of the hearings in public yielded nothing but hearsay garbage that really sounded like people who are simply unhappy with the President's direction on Ukraine... its called an election bureaucrats carry out policy they don't get to set it!

3 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

"The unlikely event" So let's just break it down. Biden's son, less then one year previous is booted from a commission in the United States Naval Reserve Officer Program for testing positive for cocaine. A program Daddy had pushed for him to get into because he was too old for the program. Less then one year later, he follows Daddy to Ukraine, as US Policy is asking Ukraine to up the volume on gas production, his son joins the firm of a guy who has been giving himself oil and gas exploration and production contracts illegally. And Hunter Biden, no experience in gas&Oil, no experience in Ukraine now sits on the board and begins to collect $85,000.00 USD a month from the Poor Ukraine. When a new Ukraine prosecutor begins to investigate the firm, Daddy Joe Biden VP, goes to Ukraine and ORDERS them to fire the Prosecutor or funds will be held. Incidentally, the Obama admin gave squat to Ukraine, it was Trump who game them arms. So you read all this and have the nerve to say in the "Unlikely event" . It is literally the most egregious corruption case I have ever seen in my life. Seriously, you don't see it? All politics aside you don't see it?  In China, the case with Biden is even far more uglier. I could go into this for hours man.

Trying to find just 1 true point in that post and its a difficult task.

Care to post a link from your previous assertion hunter biden got 1.5 billion from china.

I can help you out. He received nothing.

4 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

None of that regardless of its validity or not has anything to do with the bribery charges against 45.

1 minute ago, WalkingOrders said:

What is the crime? What is the "High crime and misdemeanor ? Where is any bi-partisan consensus. There will be NO removal of the President of the United States. The Biden crime family? The indictments from Barr? All coming soon. To impeach a President for something that is obviously not a crime. is obvious to everyone except those who like to spout generalization of dislike against Trump. The first day of the hearings in public yielded nothing but hearsay garbage that really sounded like people who are simply unhappy with the President's direction on Ukraine... its called an election bureaucrats carry out policy they don't get to set it!

Ahh got it. Found the one true thing you have posted. Truthful don will not be convicted.

The rest is just muffled garbage.

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

He has more or less admitted it, his subordinates are now proving that admission, and he is guiltier than any president in history of treason and disloyalty to his nation. The man is a huge liability and a national security risk. Remove his asap. Then lock him up. 

Admitted what? They have a transcript of the call. There is absolutely nothing illegal that took place. His presidency has been nothing beyond normal conservative policy, with the exception of trying to NOT carry out a neo-con neo-liberal foreign policy of the Bush II- Obama years. This has the State department and intelligence service fuming. And sadly we now see that THEY think they run the show. They don't.

47 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

<snip>

If this we’re a criminal investigation/trial, which it is not, Trump’s instructions to witnesses that they should not appear to give testimony would be open and shut witnesses tampering.

What an idiotic statement.  You know damn well that the only reason Trump is withholding witness from testifying is due to the sham aspect of the proceedings.  Were it fair he'd allow anyone to testify.  Same as he did during the Mueller investigation.  You do remember that?  Disingenuous rationale being used here.

8 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

"There will be NO removal of the President of the United States."

Maybe, maybe not. The rest of your post is not worth a reaction, incorrect from start to finish.

1 minute ago, Tippaporn said:

What an idiotic statement.  You know damn well that the only reason Trump is withholding witness from testifying is due to the sham aspect of the proceedings.  Were it fair he'd allow anyone to testify.  Same as he did during the Mueller investigation.  You do remember that?  Disingenuous rationale being used here.

Great. So trumps witnesses will give evidence in the senate where its controlled by repubs. What could be fairer.

Archived