Dual pricing now also in effect at Icon Siam

Pravda

is still a big difference if the price is 5 times difference or a difference of about 30% discount.

The question is what they count as Residental prices? are this only Thai or anybody who have the right to stay in Thailand with a valid (O, B) Visa-Extension?

5 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Because it isn't open here yet and they are pictures from their other sites.  Would you like them to Photoshop some Thais in?

Yes! This is typical thai cheating...they don't have good looking kids so they just use them from other websites...Why don't they put old fat bald farang in those skelters???

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2019 at 8:22 AM, Mitkof Island said:

Just boycott the place as i do all places that charge more. I love how they try to hide the Thai prices in Thai numbers. 20 baht for Thais

DSC00056(1)_edited-1 Kamphaeng Phet 2016.jpg

Big difference between this and what the OP is reporting for Superpark.   The sign above clearly indicates a racially motivated pricing scheme. Only Thai people get the discount. Superpark, by contrast, is saying that residents are entitled to the discount. This is a marketing scheme practiced all over the world and is a reasonable method to convince locals to return more often.

There is a huge difference between discounts based on nationality vs. discounts based on residency. The former is a racist abomination. The latter is just a normal business practice.

Edited by Monomial
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Monomial said:

There is a huge difference between discounts based on nationality vs. discounts based on residency. The former is a racist abomination. The latter is just a normal business practice.

And using farang kids on the website to attract customers is also racism...on top of that i bet the mall is loaded with christmas decorations already.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, fruitman said:

And using farang kids on the website to attract customers is also racism...

What on earth are you talking about?  That makes absolutely no sense at all, even for you.

Bear in mind this is a company from Finland.  Bear in mind it is still under construction here and so they can hardly photograph a load of happy Thai kids using it can they.  What is it exactly that you want - fly the Thais to Finland, take pictures, fly them back?

Anyway there are pictures on the website from the Malaysian site with happy Malaysian families.  So what is your point?   Where do you get the racism from?  I don't get how your mind works, at all.

on top of that i bet the mall is loaded with christmas decorations already.

And what has that got to do with anything?  Yes, it probably is, people are starting to buy stuff for Christmas, and malls are in it to make money.  They don't invest millions to not expect to sell stuff.  What is it exactly you are trying to say?

16 minutes ago, Monomial said:

"Foreign Visitor" is not the racist part. The racist part is "Khon Thai" above it. I am a Thai resident. I am not a "foreign visitor". But I don't qualify for the discount, because they give that only to "Khon Thai". That is most definitely racist, as it does not recognize all Thai residents equally. It gives a specific race of residents, namely those who are Thai, preferential treatment.

I got it right. It is you who is confused.

Do you hold a Thai passport or like the rest of us on a non immigrant visa?

Would it please you any better if it stated Thai nationals? Which in essence is what it says.

10 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Do you hold a Thai passport or like the rest of us on a non immigrant visa?

Would it please you any better if it stated Thai nationals? Which in essence is what it says.

It will please me when it says Thai residents, not Thai nationals. That is what Superpark says, and I have no problem with it.

And until it properly allocates the same privileges to all Thai residents rather than a privileged category of them, it will be racist. You can be pedantic about the definitions if you want, but racism adequately sums up what treating different groups of residents actually means. Those who aren't Thai are required to only sit in the back of the bus, so to speak.

In my opinion, your position is quite simply without merit no matter how much you try and justify it. Thailand used to grant entry to the national parks for all residents at the local price. When they changed it to Thais only, that became a racist policy. It will remain that way until they change it back...

Edited by Monomial
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monomial said:

And until it properly allocates the same privileges to all Thai residents rather than a privileged category of them, it will be racist. You can be pedantic about the definitions if you want, but racism adequately sums up what treating different groups of residents actually means. Those who aren't Thai are required to only sit in the back of the bus, so to speak.

In my opinion, your position is quite simply without merit no matter how much you try and justify it. Thailand used to grant entry to the national parks for all residents at the local price. When they changed it to Thais only, that became a racist policy. It will remain that way until they change it back...

Twaddle.

Howling at the moon

Been camping NPs for 20 years. Rangers used to not care if I paid at all. Now everything by the book on entrance fees even charging per five days. But there's *flexibility* even in that.

Then the tent fee and whatnot. We always get a great discount. Prolly use the NPs as much as any TVr here even now I'm working, still camping 4-8 weeks a year.

Who cares. Small money. If it weren't I'd go elsewhere. You should too.

Edited by Number 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sirineou said:

This topic appears with frequent regularity almost every week , with the same comments from the pro and against crowd.

A few weeks ago I went to the Jacksonville zoo in Florida, As Florida residents we paid a discounted price, our foreign guests paid more, No one complained. 

Thanks - - I point this out constantly... state schools, county golf courses... do early bird specials qualify? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monomial said:

"Foreign Visitor" is not the racist part. The racist part is "Khon Thai" above it. I am a Thai resident. I am not a "foreign visitor". But I don't qualify for the discount, because they give that only to "Khon Thai". That is most definitely racist, as it does not recognize all Thai residents equally. It gives a specific race of residents, namely those who are Thai, preferential treatment.

I got it right. It is you who is confused.

I think you don't understand what racism means, you should look it up.

This dual pricing is nationalistic, not racist.

If it were racist people from for example Laos would pay the Thai price, or western people with Thai passports would have to pay the foreigner price.

Edited by jackdd
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2019 at 1:40 PM, Monomial said:

...And until it properly allocates the same privileges to all Thai residents rather than a privileged category of them, it will be racist...

So that I may understand your above comment clearly, please give your definition of "Thai resident" as used in that context.

On 11/17/2019 at 11:44 AM, Number 6 said:

What's racist about it? It states foreign visitor. That could be East Asians as well.

A huge pet peeves of mine is people that don't understand the difference between prejudice, nationalism, racism and bigotry.

Xenophobia is another one. The word most are after is jingoism.

This mentality also pervades the wokesters and homosexual community.

If you're going to complain, call out someone for being racist get it right.

The ever discontented TVF curmudgeons, now seek victimhood. 555 So funny. So sad.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 12:40 PM, Monomial said:

It will please me when it says Thai residents, not Thai nationals. That is what Superpark says, and I have no problem with it.

Its just a form of tourist tax.  Get over yourself!

On 11/15/2019 at 1:22 AM, Mitkof Island said:

Just boycott the place as i do all places that charge more. I love how they try to hide the Thai prices in Thai numbers. 20 baht for Thais

DSC00056(1)_edited-1 Kamphaeng Phet 2016.jpg

Yeah you boycott the place. You'll have them on their knees begging for your business in days...555