BANGKOK
webfact

THAI losses Bt4.68 billion in Q3 2019

Khun Sumet, take a bow!

• Like 1

It looks like the gravy train for some is running into buffers.

• Like 1

It will all, inevitably boil down, to face. If the country ( those who run it) are prepared to put up tens of billions a year to save face, by preventing the national airline from going bust, then it will limp on. If they are prepared to "face" the embarrassment of their national airline going  under (unlikely) then it will be game over - at least in its present form.

I suspect it will stagger on until  either it's financial situation impinges on maintenance and safety, and it loses access to many destinations, or heaven forbid, there is a major disaster.

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1

Like all Thai businesses if not doing to well put the price up.

I haven't used Thai for years due to their rubbish service. Have to go to the UK at odd times normally use EVA Air Business class. I will have to do that trip next year so looked up prices for non stop. BA, EVA Air, and Thai. BA and Thai were the most expensive for the round trip Thai by over 1.000 UK more than EVA Air. Bet you cant work out who I shall be using.  

• Like 1

That'll fix it! DON'T cut anything from the deadwood at the top don't cut any of the "do you know who I am" perks.Cut staff ,quality and service, and the Thai way,put the prices up 

Imbeciles.

I was in an Air New Zealand lounge a few weeks ago and compared to the Thai Airways Lounge in Bangkok it was so much better quality of food and service.

Ok I admit Bangkok was much busier than the airport I was in but even so it left Bangkok for dead.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, racket said:

But yet tourism has just hit record numbers?!

Perhaps the Indians and Chinese don't use Thai Air...🥺

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

In the third quarter of 2019, the company and its affiliates generated revenue of Bt45.016 billion, which is 6.1 per cent or Bt2.937 billion lower than last year’s revenue.

It is definitely clear that many "managers" do not do their job properly!
Small council 'instead of buying new aircraft for the "small" sum of 156 billion, sell, make the company that seems to be absolutely too big, a little smaller and more flexible.
Go and get suggestions from Alitalia executives ...😂

• Thanks 1

Missed that 2.2 Bn loss estimate by just a wee bit.

• Like 1