Prachuap: Monkeys at the justice ministry force evacuation

webfact

Prachuap: Monkeys at the justice ministry force evacuation

5pm copy.jpg

Thai caption: Monkeys invade an office

A large group of macaque monkeys invaded the offices of the justice ministry in Prachuap Khiri Khan on Wednesday. 

They gained entry to the offices on the second floor at the old town hall by sneaking in through an old wooden roof. 

Pictures on the Ban Muang site showed a scene of disarray with documents and personal items strewn all over the place. 

Staff have been forced to evacuate to alternative premises while the problem is dealt with. 

Source: Ban Muang

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-15

5pm1.jpg
Picture: Ban Muang

These creatures are dangerous there massive over population here in PKK but they are based in a temple so no real idea what you could do about it

They are certainly unpleasant and add nothing to the town apart from some Thais feeding them or selling food for others to feed them!

It needs a cull but thats not gong to happen here

NB i am talking about the monkeys not the Local government officials .. although thinking about it

They also cause problems at the junction by the old town hall. They run across the road and vehicles have to swerve or to brake suddenly. It is hard to avoid that junction as it is on the main road into the town.

There are literally thousands of these creatures up on the hill adjacent to the government offices. The local government  deserve this fate. Nothing has been done for years now. I have seen this firsthand on my visits there. It is beyond bizarre. 

It is simply further evidence that Thailand is NOT a foreign country. It is a distant planet. 

On 11/15/2019 at 9:13 AM, webfact said:

invaded the offices of the justice ministry

Excellent, maybe they'll now do something to reduce the number of these aggressive vicious animals that plague parts of PKK.  

Tried climbing the hill to Wat Khao Cong Kaew a few years back. Had my then 4 year old with me. Mission aborted.

A French couple decided to continue, came back, both bitten, off to hospital for rabies shots.

The Langars at Khao Lom Muak are the absolute opposite. Beautiful creatures. I think many things about the Thai military, but that base is one of my favourite Thai destinations.

On 11/15/2019 at 4:54 PM, spidermike007 said:

There are literally thousands of these creatures up on the hill adjacent to the government offices. The local government  deserve this fate. Nothing has been done for years now. I have seen this firsthand on my visits there. It is beyond bizarre. 

It is simply further evidence that Thailand is NOT a foreign country. It is a distant planet. 

The monkeys were here before you.

Archived