Retirement extension via monthly B65K rejected in Khon Kaen

I am admin for an expat forum in Khon Kaen. There have been three disturbing reports recently about failures to obtain retirement extensions via the monthly B65K method.

The first involved a person who had his 12 B65K deposits, but on his bank statement, only 11 of them showed as foreign transfers even though he was able to prove that the 12th deposit was from offshore using something other than his bank book.  He was eventually allowed after making special arrangements with the I/O.  

Just the past week two applicants were flatly refused the B65K method even though they claim they complied with all the regulations and that their paperwork was in order.  The I/O insisted that they use the B800K method instead.  One guy happened to have the B800K, and so was able to get his extension after regrouping and sorting out things with his bank.  The other guy had to revise his plans and go to another Imm office and apply for an extension based on marriage.

This is disturbing as for the past year, these threads have made it quite clear that B800K or B65K monthly were both acceptable options so long as you complied with all the regulations.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Edited by rexall
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Somewhat off-topic > but OP wrote: The other guy had to revise his plans and go to another Imm office and apply for an extension based on marriage.

Is it indeed possible to 'shop around' for friendly IOs to apply for an extension of stay?

That would be interesting to know when there are differences between provinces in how the OA health-insurance requirement is interpreted.

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

Somewhat off-topic > but OP wrote: The other guy had to revise his plans and go to another Imm office and apply for an extension based on marriage.

Is it indeed possible to 'shop around' for friendly IOs to apply for an extension of stay?

That would be interesting to know when there are differences between provinces in how the OA health-insurance requirement is interpreted.

Technically not. However, in practice it happens, so I have heard. I am not sure, but possibly the wife of they guy I mentioned owns a house in the other jurisdiction.  Although, nothing would stop him from returning to Khon Kaen to apply for marriage. Again, I dunno, but assume it has someting to do with the fact that he can come up witht he B400K, but not B800K.

4 minutes ago, Vacuum said:
6 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

My understanding is that you have to apply where you reside.

I also understood you had to go to your local immigration office in the province where you reside.

In places like Chonburi Province there are two immigration offices, Jomtien (Pattaya) and Si Racha. I know you could go to either in the past but last year when I went to Jomtien to do my extension I was told I lived closer to Si Racha so they refused to do it and told me I must go there to do the extension. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

I am very surprised to see you approve and even value corruption

when you are the first to want to lynch the overstayers for their ''crime''

against the thai law, A morality with variable geometry or something like that?

I never said that I approve or even value corruption.

I also don't write the law and of course am entitled to my opinion on overstayers, but perhaps you didn't read my post reply on overstayers further down the post, might want to refresh, "up to you".

I saw his gesture as a win/win, i.e. saving me a 3 hour return trip, which would have wasted my time, fuel into the environment, and my pocket, and contributing to their Xmas fund saved me all of the above, for 500 baht, chicken feed, he could have told me to come back, that would have peeeed me off.

I see no corruption here, a business transaction maybe, besides I once had to pay them 1,500 baht to come to our place to take photos together, as they have to pay for their own fuel, I confirmed this with a friend of a friend who has a brother-in-law who is in immigration, a bit like the cops having to purchase their own guns.

I consider myself an opportunist, if it works and saves me time and is for a small amount of money, sure thing, but to have to pay an agent 20k-30k to stay in the country because I don't have the funds, well that's got to hurt, but each to their own, and that's what I call getting lynched using your word.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No, no, no! You got it all wrong here. A bribe is when you offer to pay somebody to do something they would refuse to do otherwise. here it was a simple payment for a service offered.

Ah, protection money.

• Like 2