The US stock market is making a record high every day.

What percentage of your money is invested in the market and any none Americans invested in the US market?

What are you invested in?

What is your prediction for the next year?

I am fully invested in the market but wasn't a good year as I just sold one of your largest holdings for loss, purpose of tax wash.

Fun intended

On 11/15/2019 at 11:05 AM, Eye4you said:

What is your prediction for the next year?

For S&P 500 year 2020, analysts are projecting earnings growth of 9.7% and revenue growth of 5.5%. The bottom-up target price for the S&P 500 is 3371.51, which is 8.9% above the closing price of 3096.63 last Friday.

Goto page 8 here: https://www.factset.com/hubfs/Resources%20Section/Research%20Desk/Earnings%20Insight/EarningsInsight_111519.pdf

On 11/19/2019 at 5:01 AM, Thailand J said:

For S&P 500 year 2020, analysts are projecting earnings growth of 9.7% and revenue growth of 5.5%. The bottom-up target price for the S&P 500 is 3371.51, which is 8.9% above the closing price of 3096.63 last Friday.

Those numbers seem too high for my gut... but then looking at a 12-year average 7% growth magically gets me to 3378... maybe we can have another good year.

On 11/14/2019 at 8:23 PM, beachproperty said:

AMRN, BHC, BABA, YY, JD, SKT, BIDU, BSX and a few others

I sold BABA, JD last year with good profit and was a good year for me. Got into another Chinese startup this year and being getting hammered, but in for long term and believing their story, only the Chinese name I am holding. Unfortunately, I can't add more since I am holding a significant position already. 

My semiconductor names saved me this year

On 11/20/2019 at 8:21 PM, tjo o tjim said:

Those numbers seem too high for my gut... but then looking at a 12-year average 7% growth magically gets me to 3378... maybe we can have another good year.

12 months ago when S&P500 was 2730, FACTSET projected 16.3% increase to 3176. Today S&P500 is 3108...not too far off.

Page 7 here: https://www.factset.com/hubfs/Resources Section/Research Desk/Earnings Insight/EarningsInsight_111618.pdf

To most people S&P500 is the US market. It is up 26% this year including dividends. 2128782451_Annotation2019-11-19181627.jpg.074dec07e56b1e76505af27a90b9fe13.jpg

May go on for a while longer as P/E's in this "no interest age" seem "justified".
"It aint over until the fat lady sings".

Seems to me that the voice of "the fat lady" is getting weaker though. Once the "fat lady" stops singing, everybody will rush to an already clogged door called "exit".
Always the same: "Why diden't'somebody ring the alarm-bell" 5 minutes before the "fat-lady" stopped singing?

1 hour ago, farangchuma said:

Except real estate, all my equities except 100K cash are invested in US market. I am one those 200K people in the US whose 401K portfolio reached a million dollars in the last quarter. 

That's wonderful! When i need to borrow money I know who to ask.

47 minutes ago, impulse said:

Just out of curiosity, what were the pundits predicting just before the 2007/2008 debacle?

I can't find the video but there is a montage somewhere on YouTube. They basically all said everything is wonderful/it's different this time except for 1 or 2. Even when it started crashing the denial remained strong. 

It makes me wonder now that we are due for a correction and I see many video predicting another crisis... If they did not predict the last crisis then how can they predict one is coming soon? We might still be good for a while if they are all wrong again. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-hedge-fund-geniuses-got-beaten-by-monkeys-again-2015-06-25

Several years ago inherited some money and thought about buying a condo in Thailand.

But put it all into the market mostly the big techs Apple, FB, etc.

So glad I did not buy that dead money condo have done very very well with true liquid investments.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Just out of curiosity, what were the pundits predicting just before the 2007/2008 debacle?

No one saw the 2007/2008  market crash coming because with P/E 18 there was nothing wrong with the market. It was the housing market collapse that brought down everything, created an excellent buying opportunity for long term investors.

5 hours ago, mshs said:

And the 1% (MSFT, AAPL, GOOG+GOOGL, AMZN, FB) is up 31%, not so "1%" afterall!

My VGT stocks are up 40% in 2019.

Tech stock fans can buy into Nasdaq index funds such as VGT and QQQ, if they do not want to pick individual stocks. Nasdaq funds are not suitable as core holdings for retirees because of the high volatility. Many of us still remember 2000. Don't put too much money into VGT.

Annotation 2019-11-22 060812.jpg

HoldingsVGT.jpg

1 hour ago, uli65 said:

the dumb money never sleeps. the smart money has left this insane bubble long time ago.

check the insider selling statistics then you know.

We are in Mutual Funds. Life is good.

Archived