'Devastated' family's plea for help after Liverpool man dies in Cambodia

geovalin

Avid Liverpool FC fan Ian Guy is thought to have suffered a heart attack just after the Reds' 3-1 win over Manchester City

An avid Liverpool FC fan collapsed and died in Cambodia just an hour after the Reds famous win against Manchester City last weekend. Ian Guy, who was living in capital Phnom Penh, is believed to have suffered a fatal heart attack on Sunday evening, his devastated family said.

Relatives today contacted the ECHO asking for help to fund the effort to bring the 52-year-old back to Merseyside, and give him a fitting funeral. It is understood he had no travel insurance which could have assisted getting him home.

read more https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/devastated-familys-plea-help-after-17255990

A very difficult time for the family.

Personally, I would elect to cremate the deceased in Cambodia, then have the funeral in the UK once the cremated remains had been repatriated. Even more so if the family intend to cremate the deceased in the UK.

My heart goes out to the family, but the reality is that sadly, a choice you have to make when you decide to live overseas, is what happens if you die. I have  fairly reasonable health insurance, though I doubt it would cover my repatriation after death. My family though know that a local funeral will be fine for me. Without being heartless, if my family had to put their hand out to bring me home, I would personally prefer to be cremated locally, even if that wasn't what I really wanted, rather than put them into that position. Nothing to stop them holding an additional remembrance service afterwards. RIP Ian Guy. Happy you had a smile on your face in the moments leading up.

Sad for sure. RIP. However why is this news? Its not even in Thailand with 70 million people there is going to be plenty of heart attacks of avid sports fan who would love some money to help sort out loved ones last wishes. Just saying... finally why mention a sports event?

Again RIP Englishman.

Archived