exchange rate and immigration

20 hours ago, david555 said:

Could be they use a different exchange rate than yours …? As I even don't know which bank and which exchange they use...transfer rate or notes rate

Just curious as I am on the very safe side of the 800K , but curious to know ?

AFAIR they use BKK Bank as the exchange rate and I think they use the TT rate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

When i first came back here in Sept 2017 I was getting 51,000 tbh per 28 day payment cycle but this was cut after 3 months to 43,000 down 8,000 and with the exchange rate down so far my next payment will approx. 34.500 down another 8,500 so no I did not count on this happening and that's with 6 monthly pension increases the last one being a whole $13 a month or around 280 tbh .

As I said previously, the IO does not care about the exchange rate, any pension reduction/increase or whether the tenant in your house back home is paying the rent or not. All he wants to see is Bht 40k /65k a month coming from abroad into your Thai bank account as a FTT, or Bht 400k / 800k in your Thai bank for three months before and after extension and not dropping below Bht 200k / 400k during the months in between. Simple. If you want an extension, follow the rules. 

Edited by wgdanson

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

AFAIR they use BKK Bank as the exchange rate and I think they use the TT rate.

Thanks , but the " I think use TT rate" could be a significant difference against the notes (bills) so that would be my inquisitive question when I meet at desk 8 Jomtien for my 3 months money check ,

And then " the 1000 000 baht question "….are ALL I.O's in whole Thailand instructed to   use that bank & rate …. ??? ????

Of course irrelevant when money already in Thailand , but could be a help to "pre active keeping on level "for those on monthly income option

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Thanks , but the " I think use TT rate" could be a significant difference against the notes (bills) so that would be my inquisitive question when I meet at desk 8 Jomtien for my 3 months money check ,

And then " the 1000 000 baht question "….are ALL I.O's in whole Thailand instructed to   use that bank & rate …. ??? ????

Of course irrelevant when money already in Thailand , but could be a help to "pre active keeping on level "for those on monthly income option

I used to get the bank rate but now only getting world rate which is lower .