With the use of Apps for Thai Visa being closed what will you do?

scubascuba3

Discuss! you little tinkers playing with authority.

For the love of god what do you think this is a forum?

I must admit i have no horse in this race 

never tried any of apps

However i have tried the mobile version which  in my opinion is the equivalent of a "bowl of warmed up bile"

If i am not on my laptop TV is ignored.

8 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You can still view the forum in a browser tab on a phone - or perhaps check the eye candy and keep the phone in pocket?

You can try "request desktop version" from Chrome/Firefox mobile browsers.   

But the mobile version isn't impossible to deal with if I need to do something quickly.

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

What are you going to do?

Plenty of other forums about I don't bother with unless motorcycle related but I joined this TV one and there's a lot of helpful people here so stuck with it and like to think I can help some sometimes.

29 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I guess I'm referring to people actually in Thailand

I reckon they would be a few people in Thailand whose use/rely on a PC or laptop to do their work, cant see them being replaced by mobile phones or tablets any time soon.

On 11/16/2019 at 5:56 AM, Curt1591 said:

I use a browser to access the website, both with a computer and mobile. I found the app a pain from the start.

Yup, since the day it was first released the app was unworkable to me, haven't tried it once since. Browser window works fine, especially on Duck  duck go. Let's just say it's a more stripped down experience. 

I have only ever used the app on my mobile and tablet so this is a first for me using my laptop, Used to have a browse almost daily as so easy but now will be perhaps once or twice a week maybe as only turn on my laptop if have something important to do. so will definately be viewing a lot less

Because of this change I will probably be posting (a lot?) less. Don't all applaud at once! The thing is posting with the app while out and about felt much easier. Posting on the browser version on the phone feels much much kludgier and awkward. Also all kinds of navigation mess ups on the browser phone. Accidental logouts. Difficulty getting to the notifications to click on them. But I also use the PC version at home which is a different and fine experience. 

Anyway, not a happy camper about this. Oh well. 

On 11/17/2019 at 9:33 PM, Jingthing said:

Because of this change I will probably be posting (a lot?) less. Don't all applaud at once! The thing is posting with the app while out and about felt much easier. Posting on the browser version on the phone feels much much kludgier and awkward. Also all kinds of navigation mess ups on the browser phone. Accidental logouts. Difficulty getting to the notifications to click on them. But I also use the PC version at home which is a different and fine experience. 

Anyway, not a happy camper about this. Oh well. 

Me too.  Most of my best posts have been while killing time commuting to work.  At least now I won't miss my stop so often.

OK, I get that the app is dropped. But would it be very hard to have a MOBILE version like so many other sites do? As I said the regular site on a phone is really quite awkward to use. I'm really asking. I don't know whether it would be hard or not to do that. 

The reason they dropped Tapatalk is to force users into Thaivisa.com using a browser with many pop up ads. 
To earn more money from clicks of course.   

Sssh its a secret. 

8 minutes ago, balo said:

The reason they dropped Tapatalk is to force users into Thaivisa.com using a browser with many pop up ads. 
To earn more money from clicks of course.   

Sssh its a secret. 

Yes but using things like Brave reduces the pain to manageable levels. Without that or similar I'd find it unusable

Archived