Saraburi school director criticized for making students prostrate themselves before him

webfact

3 minutes ago, sherwood said:

I think i would have kicked him fair in the nuts if I was there.

Common sense, a very hard to come by trait in this part of the world but then again I have only lived for here for a year.

Wonder what would have happened if all the students had of just stood there or maybe turned their backs on him

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren’t these ceremonies/rituals usually arranged by other school officials and not directly by the school director?

Prostrating before teachers is a normal show of respect and thanks for their sacrifice to become (low paying) teachers who are supposed to be morally upright etc, but from a western perspective it can seem a bit overboard and undignified.

7 hours ago, smileydude said:

Aren’t these ceremonies/rituals usually arranged by other school officials and not directly by the school director?

Prostrating before teachers is a normal show of respect and thanks for their sacrifice to become (low paying) teachers who are supposed to be morally upright etc, but from a western perspective it can seem a bit overboard and undignified.

I agree, its a part of the Thai culture. But in this case he took it a bit too far.  Maybe he thinks he is untouchable, acting like a king. 

nobodies that get a promotion like this or paid for it

they get an inch of power and start abusing it

vice director of my kid's school is the same

was a teacher, people liked her

became vice director and it went to her head

shouts at children for no reason, makes children, even laugh with death of loved one and then goes on with her day

Archived