BANGKOK
scooterboy

Android TV Box - Can I take on Plane in Hand-baggage ?

TV-Boxes are quite popular these days and I would like to take one on a week's holiday to Southern Thailand, mainly as there may not be a lot to do in the evenings (or maybe just SOME evenings). However, I've no idea if such a thing would be allowed to pass airport security - I don't really see why not, but you never know.

I've tried searching for info but come up blank so far. Anybody have any good info about this ?

Appreciated

Cheers 😁

Treat as a laptop i.e. when going through security take it out and put it in the box to go through the X-ray machine

An issue might be that you can't turn it on by battery. I'm under the impression that they sometimes order people to power up their laptops. 

never been asked to"power" up my laptop, tablet, garmin, power bank or phone

Sorry - been away! Thanks for the replies -

--> PR - agreed, can't see why it should be a problem (but then again TIT)

--> JP - Yes, I was thinking along the same lines - take out the box and accessories (batteries would be out of the remote) and put it all in another tray/box.

--> JT - It ain't a laptop. 😁

I actually don't know anybody that has taken such a box thru security. I guess Firesticks and stick-pcs look too much like a flash/thumb drive to be of any real concern to security. However, my tv box is a normal flat, square, black box.  Security ain't never too fond of small black boxes!