Which Thai provinces are the cheapest?

sakoo

1 hour ago, androokery said:

I'm not your bud or your partner. 

Your words to me (emphasis is mine):

This level of disrespect to those of us who actually buy and pay for the things that you use for "free" is really disturbing. Your actions are those of a low parasite. 

Looks like we have a grouch! That word tenant wasn't from me, it was added by spellcheck I think, it is an oversight, the actual word I wanted to use is forever lost now, as I can't recall due to the extent of the many posts, and what is it you bought and paid for that I am using for free? 

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sakoo said:

Going to Thailand on the cheap is a plan He stuck in my head for a reason.

People who hear voices in their head are usually diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenics. I suggest you seek help. There are drugs availiable to stop the voices and help you to lead a normal life.

2 hours ago, sakoo said:

So you finally admit then I can indeed spend 20b/dish. Before you were saying it can't be done, now you are wishing me cheers to go to do so.

Look, in no post have I attacked you, just trying to convey some realistic prices anno 2019 here in Thailand to you.

You have to take and calculate the lowest of the lowest, which you can't find always when you travel and new to a country, to a price which you deem to high, from people who are living here.

This all should be very helpful, because it gives you an idea of what you can expect and budget for, without getting into trouble.

You can't budget for 4 full weeks for a dish for only 20b ... 

If you think 300b is too much per day, fair enough ... but you now know that 100 baht is also not sufficient per day,

then you now know you better budget for a bit more.

A simple thanks for contributing to your thread would also be ok, don't you think?

Maybe a different angle would give you some perspective.

An average Thai kid, let's say 10-13 years old, goes to a government school with the cheapest transportation around, the baht bus, get's his 

food at school ... that kid get's 80-100+ baht for that daily school allowance from the parents in the morning, at the cheapest and simplest.

This is already your 100b food budget, but you are a full grown foreign adult, traveling around in a country, to places you don't know,  for the first time! 

You got to stay realistic, and not stubborn ????

24 minutes ago, sakoo said:

Violence will not win you a place with your maker, Stocky. Hating on the workers of the faith will only steam you further along on the path of iniquity. My simpler I didn't uneducated, I meant humble, poor and blessed. The proud farang lost this trait a long time ago. You can still reclaim it, just stick with the path of enlightenment. And repent of your strong language regarding the demonic act of cannibalism. That is the kind of talk I expect from Full Mooners in Haad Rin, not from a man who frequents libraries and Wikipedia articles. 

Now you "sound" like a haunted person looking for members for a sect.

I withdraw my words of support for you.

33 minutes ago, sakoo said:

I meant humble, poor and blessed.

Exactly, the gullible and ill-educated. There are many paths to enlightenment; the arrogance of those that wish to impose their beliefs on others I find truly offensive.

13 hours ago, sakoo said:

And another area of disagreement is that you think striking up a deal with someone (who has agreed to it) is a manipulation, you obviously not used to the concept that there is NO PRICE, it is a made up illusion that you have accepted, an item is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it, not what the corporation decides and then you have to pay, you sound like such a sucker, the kind of person who will get bamboozled at the vegetable market, obviously a white person.

You claim you have a good amount of money, but that you choose to travel on a very tight budget. The lady selling noodles is doing that in order to feed her family. But you want to get her 20 baht noodles for 10 baht. 

Don't you think that desperately poor lady would prefer you (a relatively wealthy traveller) to give her the extra 10 baht? You think she enjoys the the 'fun' of bartering with you?

It wouldn't be so bad if you were living in poverty like the noodle seller, but you're not (apparently). 

12 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You claim you have a good amount of money, but that you choose to travel on a very tight budget. The lady selling noodles is doing that in order to feed her family. But you want to get her 20 baht noodles for 10 baht. 

Don't you think that desperately poor lady would prefer you (a relatively wealthy traveller) to give her the extra 10 baht? You think she enjoys the the 'fun' of bartering with you?

It wouldn't be so bad if you were living in poverty like the noodle seller, but you're not (apparently). 

The thing is, I'm truly interested to discuss this through and see how a backpacker these days would travel through Thailand.

And put in my feedback here and there about prices which are not realistic.

The problem is, I get quite aggressive responses back, so the fun, or helpfulness, of taking the time to respond to it, get's a bit taken out of it. I start to wonder why even doing it?

12 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You're jumbling different things together I never said and then saying it's what I am doing. I would never barter over 10b or with food. Only at the textile market I will barter for example a difference of 200b vs 300b for example. I will of course give the noodle lady the full price she asks, all I am saying is it isn't worth more than 20-30b. I think paying 100b for noodles for example is a very farang thing to do

13 hours ago, sakoo said:

I'd rather have the company of Americans because at least you know where you stand with them form the get go.

12 hours ago, sakoo said:

Of course the American soldiers enhanced Thai sex industry. They also carpet bombed Indochina region, and they still talk about bombing today and then when they themselves get bombed in NY for example, they are in shock that someone out there might hate them? What an arrogant people so short sided and no clue about the carnage the US and UK flags have caused throughout history. A guilty people indeed. At least admit the wrong doing it's the least one could do. And I never said American started prostitution in Thailand, that's your quote, truing to put words in my mouth, what I said was they made it worse, because they are indeed sexual pigs.

1st rule of trolling - try to be consistent ????

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

1st rule of trolling - try to be consistent ????

Well he/she has generated 25 pages, which isn't bad going. Started out fairly amusing with some good points, but has since wandered off into the realms of mumbo-jumbo.

3 hours ago, sakoo said:

Hold your horses there partner, it's not a plan yet, I have months yet to fine tune the specifics, i will fly into Samui from KL with Air Asia, or Surat Thani, and the take the boat to Thong Sala. Are you an expert on Thong Sala? 

Oh what a coincidence....how did I know that???

3 hours ago, sakoo said:

Hold your horses there partner, it's not a plan yet, I have months yet to fine tune the specifics, i will fly into Samui from KL with Air Asia, or Surat Thani, and the take the boat to Thong Sala. Are you an expert on Thong Sala? 

I've been there a few times. Koh Phangan is definitely not the cheapest place in Thailand. It is a touristy island without any public transport. The going rate for motorcycle hire is 200 baht/day. You can eat cheaply at Tesco Lotus buying the discounted cooked food after 6-7pm, but don't know if you can live on something like this for months. I flick regularly through the Phangan rentals and would be hard to find anything for less than 5k baht a month.

3 hours ago, sakoo said:

I wasn't aware AA flew into Samui, thought only Bangkok Air. 

11 minutes ago, gearbox said:

I've been there a few times. Koh Phangan is definitely not the cheapest place in Thailand. It is a touristy island without any public transport. The going rate for motorcycle hire is 200 baht/day. You can eat cheaply at Tesco Lotus buying the discounted cooked food after 6-7pm, but don't know if you can live on something like this for months. I flick regularly through the Phangan rentals and would be hard to find anything for less than 5k baht a month.

That's what is it .... a  beautiful island. It still is one of my favorite in terms of beauty

(after Koh Chang, but that's only because it's a short 3h ride from my home and really relaxed) in Thailand.

I was pleasantly surprised last year how that island kept it's low pace ... compared to other islands and areas in the South around.

Again here, a 100b food per day budget ... no!

I've never stayed in a dorm for 100b per night, maybe that's possible ok.

Otherwise you are going to pay 600b+, most likely more +, for a bungalow off season

And you got to have your own transportation, i.e. MC, otherwise you pay hilarious prices for the Baht Bus to get around. (Same in Koh Chang actually)

2 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Otherwise you are going to pay 600b, maybe more +, for a bungalow off season

Ah, but you're forgetting Matthew 6:26

"Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither
do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly
Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?"

8 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Ah, but you're forgetting Matthew 6:26

"Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither
do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly
Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?"

But I'm open to hear and read about it. Of course back packers are staying in a hostel and not in bungalows. 

You can't stay as a backpacker in a separate bungalow for 100b. Yes, or no? ???? 

I have a ex ex ex ex MIL, who hikes through Spain on a yearly base. She always posts about her travels & hostels and has a good time ... older lady, 60+ years. Cheap hikes, and she does it, and enjoys.

So yes, I'm interested to see and read how people do it ...

11 minutes ago, RedPill said:

That's what is it .... a  beautiful island. It still is one of my favorite in terms of beauty

(after Koh Chang, but that's only because it's a short 3h ride from my home and really relaxed) in Thailand.

I was pleasantly surprised last year how that island kept it's low pace ... compared to other islands and areas in the South around.

Otherwise you are going to pay 600b+, most likely more +, for a bungalow off season

And you got to have your own transportation, i.e. MC, otherwise you pay hilarious prices for the Baht Bus to get around. (Same in Koh Chang actually)

Everything else aside, costwise Samui and Phangan would be more or less on par...in fact for long term stay Samui may be a bit cheaper, as there is a bit of public transport, and you can extend your visa without going anywhere. There is a fairly good public hospital too. There are rooms for the Thai/Myanmar workers starting from 2500-3000 baht per month.

The massage prices in Samui/Phangan start from 200 baht per hour.

I'm currently in Pattaya and is quite cheaper than Samui or Phangan. We don't have 10 baht bus in Samui, and I haven't seen 150 baht massage prices for long time.

8 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Everything else aside, costwise Samui and Phangan would be more or less on par.

Ok, what I meant specifically was this ... 

Go to Koh Samui 10 years later ... a lot has changed (of course, airport, easier access, faster population etc.).

Go to Koh Phangan 10 years later ... it still has kept the pace relatively much slower. Also in terms of overall rapid developments. Much slower in Phangan. It all looked quite ok to me seeing it 10 years later. Still had to go down to Bottle beach by foot, the MC wouldn't be good steep down a sandy road.

At least that was my overall feeling. The prices are all going on par, I agree with you.

I personally want to praise Sakoo for a funny troll thread. The question shouldn't be what his country of origin is but, rather which long time TV member has a dual personality. Which TV member has a good BS way with words? 

Archived