Which Thai provinces are the cheapest?

10 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

has used a few phrases that only a native English speaker would use. Just a wind up merchant who doesn't like his own medicine.

Interesting approach, however it would have been more useful if you would put the quotes next to those languages so I can see what you're on about. I am not from any of those places by the way. And I change my approach depending on the person. I can also change my accent at will. It is a signature from all the countries I've visited. So don't get too confident about figuring me out. Even in person, you will fail to understand me. Mostly because people are usually too into themselves to actually understand others point of view. Everything said is just a waiting moment for their chance to respond, all the while learning nothing about the other person in the moment. 

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the force is strong with this one. 

Here you go champ, can rent my little shack in Chaiyaphum for 100 baht a night.. There's no nightlife, no crowds, come to think of it there's not much of anything !! But you'll be able to practice you

Don't forget to let the authorities know where you sleep every night...

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, sakoo said:

For a people who value women's rights, they really do a number by exploiting women's bodies for entertainment.

Over my lifetime, women have exploited my body for entertainment more than I have theirs.

11 minutes ago, sakoo said:

Three is no justification for sex outside of marriage and certainly none in visiting brothels.

Good example. You can't have three in a bed if you don't have sex outside marriage...unless you're a Moslem. Also, I have had 3 in a bed but not in a brothel. I can remember one occasion when 18 year old identical twins got me drunk, took me to their bed and defiled me. Oh, the shame!

Edited by DannyCarlton
10 hours ago, RedPill said:

Yes, ok, I agree with that.

But overall, don't take this as the norm to measure and budget for a trip, if that makes sense ...

Why wouldn't 30b/meal be the norm? All you have to do is go to a street market and do the rounds. Roti is even cheaper. And cooking cheapest of all. It is the pinnacle of consumption culture to think you need to spend all the time, every time. You don't. The whole philosophy of "splurging" is just that - a philosophy, it isn't necessary or rewarding. It's just a way of squeezing the easily squeezed. I think it's more a case of personality differences than economics. 

3 minutes ago, sakoo said:

Why wouldn't 30b/meal be the norm? All you have to do is go to a street market and do the rounds.

5x moo ping sticks from a roadside stall plus 5bht of sticky rice, 30bht.

More than I could eat at one sitting.

Edited by BritManToo

I just read through this thread and I can't understand why it is still running. The OP has been disgustingly racist in almost every post. If I wrote these posts referring to "Black Men" or "Yellow Men" I can guess what would happen to me. Instead this arrogant, penniless idiot has gotten away with it for pages and pages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, IraqRon said:

Jeez, you are rich you really are, asking for folks to do all your research for you as you are too cheap to do it yourself, and all the factors you mentioned, christ, do you really think someone should spend the time to do all this for you?????

Talk about a cheap charlie, you are the winner,,, and oh yes, you will really be helping out Thais with you projected budget won't you.  Alos will you have travel insurance???? Doubt it.

It's alright Charlie I know you are vexed by all this, but try to understand. IT is a deception to let money and finances be a lens for you. It's not what matters. It's material and only the non-physical will remain once this whole show comes to an end. Now, as for your remarks. I have already done the research. Asking questions doesn't mean I myself am not doing anything simultaneously? It is called a multi faceted approach, you guys do some work, and I will do it as well, and combine the results. Have you ever heard of efficiency? And yes there will always be people who want to help others no matter what. Many such as yourself will only want to help other conditionally, for example, does this person make ME feel good? If not, fudge him. That's the Western attitude. As for the Thais, of course I will be supporting their businesses. I may not help the hotel, but the family run guesthouse will make a thousand Baht from me for sure, if I stay there a week. But unlike Charlie, and your other buddies, I will see the smile on their face when I speak Thai to them and show interest in their language, while you will be struggling with the non-English menu, eventually giving up and going to the overpriced place just because of its English menu. There's the real winner for you, Charles. 

11 hours ago, Tagged said:

On order to do some really wild and adventorous like this, you have to be kind of maniac when planning, and great desire to accomplish anything like this. Also the speed of thinking, and brilliant understanding as clever writings when answering replies. 

I can get the idea, but not willing to try myself. 

Are you complimenting me? 

12 hours ago, RedPill said:

That's the thing you haven't understood ... there are no more 20b Pad Thai's on the market.

You can't live on 100b per day, it's 2019.

I've been to a gas station last week, where they have all those Black Canyon style of franchises.

What was it called, 'Yen taa foo', or something like that.

A Thai dish costs 240 Baht ... a Thai dish! 

A Noodle soup 150 Baht ... 

I was pretty shocked about it, but this is the direction where it goes.

On the markets in a village, you get your noodle soups for 40-50 Baht ... but how far do you get with your 100b per day and what are you going to eat all day long, day after day? Only Mama noodles?

It's time for you to be realistic and set your correct expectations. 

Something starting upwards from 500b per day for food would be more correct and what you can expect in Thailand anno 2019, and that's still pushing it, when you are traveling.

I think you've been had with those prices. Of course you can eat for 20b, have you herd of roti canai? Or vegetable fried rice? Pad thai hold the egg still costs under 30b, especially if you ask in Thai, with a smile, and gentle voice. It helps if you're handsome (and the vendor is a lady). They will give it you, because it is also how much they would give themselves). The key is to connect with the locals so they stop looking at you like they do the white man/ Then it's an open door to local's prices. It's like that in every developing nation. You guys too readily accept what you'r told about economics and money. I see it as a deception to overcome. 

9 minutes ago, sakoo said:

Are you complimenting me? 

No, I just asking to take your meds, before you go over the top in your cleverness, brilliance and superfast hypermode thinking. It can be to much for most, even you. 

50 post in a morning even before breakfest, is quite remarkable

• Rimmer locked this topic