Which Thai provinces are the cheapest?

sakoo

15 hours ago, sakoo said:

Don't listen to people when they repeatedly tell you something can't be done especially since you have already done it and are doing it. IT is mostly because THEY can't do it, they also wish you don't either. So that everyone is on the same level. Well forget it, junior. Not only will I eat 20b pad thai, i will ask for extra tofu instead of the egg, and make sure no oyster, fish or shrimp goo are added either, instead extra bean sprouts and of course I will get vitamins that way, from the peanut as well, and from the roti, there will be a peanut butter roti, for extra protein, and then there is the rice and veggie curry for 40b, and don't forget my Thai friends who will help me find exactly what I seek, because they love that I speak Thai to them and together we will talk about funny it is farang live in this country for 10 years and still can't speak Thai. I will say it is because they are Farang and they think English is enough! And they don't need to learn any new languages, and we will laugh while they show me the best food and best prices well Monty and Claire are blowing 500b on their mediocre steak dinners. Thinking, oh you only live once, right? That means let's blow all our money and not think twice that maybe there's a smarter way. But 300-500b/day for food is WAY TOO MUCH. That's why we argue because your answer isn't valuable. If you have suggestions about 30b, 40b foods at the street market that contain zero animal parts, then our argument can stop, and I can screen as you as a worthwhile answer provider. You you see it is your constant repeating of YOU NEED TO SPEND AS MUCH AS I SPEND, that is actually not helpful at all. It also says something about your personality. I am looking for people who seek out deals, not those who do what they're told or what's expected of them in every situation. 

Some people are in Thailand because they are broke and cannot live a normal life.

If I had to worry about spending $10 for food, I would honestly do myself in

I cannot image waking up everyday and eating the same foods day after day

That is not living man, that is just barely surviving

No one in their right mind would argue your point as a good thing

You talk yourself into believing this nonsense because you cannot afford otherwise.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, sakoo said:

I am not Malaysian or Indian or any of the other races you look down upon. I am just someone who calls a spade a spade, and white people don't like it. And I don't have any Asperger or Autism, that is just another way of attacking me, in a bid to understand what could be wrong, as if anything is wrong. The idea is to take attention off what I am saying and more importantly, that how dare I say it to you. And that is why the responses are directed at me personally, so as to make sense of me, and each time failing to do so, one incorrect conclusion after the next, whether it be race based or now personality disorders, I suppose if I didn't make my gender clear, there would be a guessing game about that as well. you see this is what I mean about classification of people or categorization that's what Westies do and they are disgusting bunch of people for doing so. Just take each person and what they ave to say as such there is no need to organize them in your mind and put these labels such as Indian or Asperger. It's really a sad development on yuo. And nothing any of you have said has been 100% right, a few got close but they certainly didn't talk like you, they were smarter and had more humility, which on the road toward wisdom. You on other hand are small-minded and have a lot to learn. And just admit it, white people are neurotic with serious competitive problems. 

Lonely is he with no real friends!

17 hours ago, sakoo said:

And I never said American started prostitution in Thailand, that's your quote, truing to put words in my mouth, what I said was they made it worse, because they are indeed sexual pigs.

I know you have a lot posts in this thread, but just to remind you, what you did say...

On 11/18/2019 at 9:02 AM, sakoo said:

I would argue it was the advent of the Vietnam war and horny American pigs looking to conquer the flesh of another man's woman that started the Thai sex industry and it was the US dollar that got it going.

@sakoo, you said...

"I would argue it was the advent of the Vietnam war and horny American pigs looking to conquer the flesh of another man's woman that started the Thai sex industry..."

–but seems like you now agree in, that it was not...
"And I never said American started prostitution in Thailand..." 

So you seem to agree in that the sex industry – or prostitution – was there before the Americans arrived during the Vietnam War; that was the point of my quotes from Thai-history experts...????

Thanks for letting me join with posts in this amazing thread...:wai: – sorry I'm too busy to continue, but I wish that you will succeed in a succesful 100 baht + 100 baht a day tour around Thailand, hopefully we will one day see an update about which province is the cheapest...????

I just read that camping at the waterfalls and views of the Mekong at Pha Taem National Park east of Ubon Ratchathani, are quite nice these days. But probably above OP's budget with 400b entrance fee, so that one is excluded.

Moving on to cheaper territories .... but maybe it helps to start painting a clearer picture of what to expect on a holiday in Thailand.

No free mushrooms to be found in that forrest!

5 hours ago, khunPer said:

I know you have a lot posts in this thread, but just to remind you, what you did say...

@sakoo, you said...

"I would argue it was the advent of the Vietnam war and horny American pigs looking to conquer the flesh of another man's woman that started the Thai sex industry..."

–but seems like you now agree in, that it was not...
"And I never said American started prostitution in Thailand..." 

So you seem to agree in that the sex industry – or prostitution – was there before the Americans arrived during the Vietnam War; that was the point of my quotes from Thai-history experts...????

Thanks for letting me join with posts in this amazing thread...:wai: – sorry I'm too busy to continue, but I wish that you will succeed in a succesful 100 baht + 100 baht a day tour around Thailand, hopefully we will one day see an update about which province is the cheapest...????

Yes I always meant the Americans made it worse, meaning they revolutionized the Thai sex industry and added their particular form of vulgarity to it, what I meant to say is they popularized it with Westerners and introduced the idea of an easy Thai woman to white people. And the cheapest Thai province in Chiang Mai because of the high volume of people, you can strike deals in the low season.

8 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Some people are in Thailand because they are broke and cannot live a normal life.

If I had to worry about spending $10 for food, I would honestly do myself in

I cannot image waking up everyday and eating the same foods day after day

That is not living man, that is just barely surviving

No one in their right mind would argue your point as a good thing

You talk yourself into believing this nonsense because you cannot afford otherwise.

Nonsense, you have just be gouged most of your life and have got used to that as a standard that is why you dont understand a minimalist point of view because the trickery of wealth and greed has become normalized in your psyche that comes from a lifetime of Western economic values. And you can talk down to me because I am not Thai, if a Thai talked about 100b + 20b, you'd zip your lip. As if all foreigners who can afford flight should also be able to pay $10/plate. Folly! No wonder you guys into debt. I have zero debt and have been like that most of my life. 

5 hours ago, RedPill said:

I just read that camping at the waterfalls and views of the Mekong at Pha Taem National Park east of Ubon Ratchathani, are quite nice these days. But probably above OP's budget with 400b entrance fee, so that one is excluded.

Moving on to cheaper territories .... but maybe it helps to start painting a clearer picture of what to expect on a holiday in Thailand.

No free mushrooms to be found in that forrest!

I think you got dinged AGAIN 400b, sounds like a several dozen meals right there down the drain. I suggest learning how to cook. So next time you can use that 400b to help out the orphans or help free the beaten baby elephant at the Isan Elephant Slavery Camp. Now that would be a better use of 400b. Giving it to the Thai government helps nobody except corrupt officials, who will probably use the money for sex tourism in Cambodia or their own country. Only farang pay those ridiculous ticket prices anyways.

9 hours ago, gearbox said:

Everything else aside, costwise Samui and Phangan would be more or less on par...in fact for long term stay Samui may be a bit cheaper, as there is a bit of public transport, and you can extend your visa without going anywhere. There is a fairly good public hospital too. There are rooms for the Thai/Myanmar workers starting from 2500-3000 baht per month.

The massage prices in Samui/Phangan start from 200 baht per hour.

I'm currently in Pattaya and is quite cheaper than Samui or Phangan. We don't have 10 baht bus in Samui, and I haven't seen 150 baht massage prices for long time.

Phangan is cheaper than Samui, you just have to know which beach to go to, if you don't mind dorms, it is 100b in low season, only doable if the dorm is empty of riff raffers. Otherwise, they have some Bungalows for 200b, sometimes on the beach and in Thong Sala, the cheapest accommodation is there. Ko Samui is for a mid range place, Phangan has all price categories. The key is to avoid the farang, they are a toxic influence wherever they setup shop. 

7 hours ago, sakoo said:

I think you got dinged AGAIN 400b, sounds like a several dozen meals right there down the drain. I suggest learning how to cook. So next time you can use that 400b to help out the orphans or help free the beaten baby elephant at the Isan Elephant Slavery Camp. Now that would be a better use of 400b. Giving it to the Thai government helps nobody except corrupt officials, who will probably use the money for sex tourism in Cambodia or their own country. Only farang pay those ridiculous ticket prices anyways.

Whatever justifies your cheapness, I guess. 

9 hours ago, sakoo said:

I was just pulling your leg a bit, chill

On 11/20/2019 at 4:58 PM, sakoo said:

Nonsense, you have just be gouged most of your life and have got used to that as a standard that is why you dont understand a minimalist point of view because the trickery of wealth and greed has become normalized in your psyche that comes from a lifetime of Western economic values. And you can talk down to me because I am not Thai, if a Thai talked about 100b + 20b, you'd zip your lip. As if all foreigners who can afford flight should also be able to pay $10/plate. Folly! No wonder you guys into debt. I have zero debt and have been like that most of my life. 

You have zero debt because you don't own anything.

You sound like a guy that has absolutely no skill or education to make a viable living?

There are many, many, many professionals that earn more than enough to buy what they want and do what they want. 

That is the whole goal of getting educated or a valuable job skill.

Did you grow up as a boy with the idea you wanted to be poor and not own anything?

Or maybe this is a result of you didn't work hard enough or learn enough to be able to afford anything.

Life is an experience, money buys a different experience and that is why people work hard and get educated.

No one that takes money out of their own pocket to pay for anything is getting gouged. It is their money and they can spend it on whatever they want.

A thought came to mind?

My wife's grandfather, the last time we were together with him, was age 98.

I had brought a box of Dunkin Doughnuts.

He never had a doughnut in his entire life (Isaan and very poor)

He took great delight in eating that doughnut.

You should eat more doughnuts.

Life short, make the best of it.

On 11/20/2019 at 5:06 PM, sakoo said:

Phangan is cheaper than Samui, you just have to know which beach to go to, if you don't mind dorms, it is 100b in low season, only doable if the dorm is empty of riff raffers. Otherwise, they have some Bungalows for 200b, sometimes on the beach and in Thong Sala, the cheapest accommodation is there. Ko Samui is for a mid range place, Phangan has all price categories. The key is to avoid the farang, they are a toxic influence wherever they setup shop. 

I think you would be much happier moving back into your mother's basement.

Image how free you would feel not having to spend 100 baht!

On 11/20/2019 at 4:55 PM, sakoo said:

Yes I always meant the Americans made it worse, meaning they revolutionized the Thai sex industry and added their particular form of vulgarity to it, what I meant to say is they popularized it with Westerners and introduced the idea of an easy Thai woman to white people. And the cheapest Thai province in Chiang Mai because of the high volume of people, you can strike deals in the low season.

Huh? Prostitution has been around for over 1000 years.

im in a deep dark place in the province enjoying a bowl of chicken green curry for 20 baht. i know of several old women selling normal thai dishes for 20 baht. there is even a lady selling dishes for 10 baht each , but this is well off the beaten path. you will be seen as a complete nutcase to thai people but it can be done !!

8 hours ago, at15 said:

im in a deep dark place in the province enjoying a bowl of chicken green curry for 20 baht. i know of several old women selling normal thai dishes for 20 baht. there is even a lady selling dishes for 10 baht each , but this is well off the beaten path. you will be seen as a complete nutcase to thai people but it can be done !!

Excellent work AT15, but why call it a deep, dark place, you make it sound dreary? Why go there if it's not the best place? And if you pay 20b for chicken imagine how much cheaper a green veggie curry is? That chicken is suspect, I bet. Stop eating animals make, it's gross unless you are willing to terminate its life yourself. White hippo. And yes of course it is normal to sell Thai dishes for 20b, that's how much they're worth since they are mostly water anyways. Only white people pay 150b for a thai curry, and say MMMMMM. SO GOOD. And back home they will happily pay $10 for such a curry. Really dumb. And yes 10b is also possible. But why be seen as a nutcase by Thai people? Are you sure that's just not your guilty economic mindset? If that's the price, then it's what you pay. They probably put dog in your chicken curry, so that maybe why they look at you funny, since gringos normally keep dogs as pets. I suggest you stick with the potato, jack, cheaper, and safer. Don't eat meat in Isan, it could be your pooch on a stick. Especially northeastern Isan. 

I see why you don't need to pay much to eat now.. You are a troll and people have been feeding you for 27 pages ????

Not only a troll but a very racist troll !! 

I got a holiday from TVF for making one sarcastic remark yet you seem to have survived 27 pages of drivel ?? 

Its a strange world ????

36 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I see why you don't need to pay much to eat now.. You are a troll and people have been feeding you for 27 pages ????

Not only a troll but a very racist troll !! 

I got a holiday from TVF for making one sarcastic remark yet you seem to have survived 27 pages of drivel ?? 

Its a strange world ????

Indeed strange world! Just wonder how to be an vegetarien on low budget will work out, and still manage to stay healthy. Getting your basic needs as vegetarian is not easy. 

10 hours ago, at15 said:

sorry, dont believe that,

i have traveled all over thailand with my own car, speak thai and eat at road side stands, and gas stations, (great thai fast food).

I'd say the cheapest in the past year is around 25 baht for a meatless soup, 30 with meat, 40 baht for a rice/meat topping add in another 5 baht for an egg

Market food 40-50 baht/dish

7/11 for a microwave meat an rice will set ya back 30 -40 baht

one of the tasteless sandwiches 25-30 baht

Sakoo, i for one accept you think your intelligent and sarcastic,  but am bored with your s#@t posts here

This topic is a mess!! I have cleaned out various troll posts, flames bickering and baiting posts also replies, I am sure I have missed some however.

We can also do without people swearing and imitating moderators.

You can either stay on topic as shown below and quit the nonsense but failing that after this public warning I will be handing out holiday vouchers. 

EDIT

So now no more posts for two hours, the topic can then be closed

//CLOSED//

Archived