Which Thai provinces are the cheapest?

sakoo

13 hours ago, sakoo said:

You guys really are a bunch of racists aren't you? I suppose it's easier to be so in Thailand and online so you don't have to show your faces when you make racial remarks. And no I am not Indian nor am i from San Francisco (that horrid place) and I will certainly help the Thais, it is just not in the same way. But thank you for the advice on the massage at the hospital for 80b that is the kind of post that is actually helpful and look only the minority of posters actually comment like that the rest focus on racial remarks or those based on race, status, wealth, etc.. For sure, those are farang, only farang talk like that. Probably the crustiest variety as well, real low life type who is always grouchy and negative no matter what anyone has to say on here, it is just an invite to make a new attack, the troll remark included. And the remarks about me being white vs Indian is again a typical thing only white people would say, but only when they can't be called out for it, it is their race based way of speaking, no wonder so many people leave white countries and end up in Thailand or SEA Asia or Latin America, they are trying to escape their own societies, but only to end up repeating their filthy remarks in whatever new countries they end up, as nobody really likes them minus their wealth, it is the only thing interesting about them from a locals perspective. The fact they can't speak the language only adds to prove just how ignorant they really are. And the other element noticed by their way of talking is how they want to keep new people coming to Thailand in a vane attempt to protect the Thais from other foreigners, when it is really themselves who are the most toxic influence on the Thais. No wonder so many of them end up dead or murdered on Ko Samui and other places after drunken fights for alcohol is really their cultural norm, that an ignorant remarks based on stereotypes, so I will show them what it's like to be treated that way, and then watch their faces light up in angst, it's the least they deserve for being racist, ignorant white men. They know to zip it back home, but in places like Thailand, it is open season, avoiding them like a plague especially when they're drunk is a good call, that is why I like to go to places where there are no other farang, one for that reason, to avoid seeing them drunk and acting a fool, and second, to actually find these 100b/night places where most of them can't because they are too drunk or ignorant to look in the first place. And then another trait I noticed is a lot of answers without any questions asked to follow up? How did you go from my interest in camping to assuming I am going to be hiding in the woods with my tent? I have every intention of camping only at guesthouses, not on my own in a national park. I never even mentioned national parks and here you are going on about how I will appear as if I am evading immigration? Wow! Just Wow! Not everyone who looks for the cheapest deals is a bum, you know. Some of us actually use our money wisely and not waste it away at bars getting drunk with the worst characters on the island. Some of us like to stretch the tourist dollar and help out people other than the bar owner or Dutch guy running a bungalow who already has money from home. So even if I spend less per night on the bungalow, I can cut out the farang running a business in Thailand and help the families instead, especially if I find a massage place run by a family, or a restaurant run by a family, and not some farang and his wife, those are places some of you probably frequent. But some of you did provide some useful tips even though with a lot of sarcasm, which is typical of white people, really obnoxious cultural habit adopted by the British no doubt. The worst quality about them is their drunkenness and sarcasm. No wonder nobody really likes them minus their wallets. The walking ATM machine indeed. It's no surprise they are scammed more than any other tourist group. And finally, I see how some of you assume that my ideas are a vision or a dream as if I have never been there before, it is a wrong assumption, I am not looking for utopia for 100b/night I am just looking for 100b/night and I have already found a few places, none of which I will share with you given your hateful rhetoric, but I will do so for anyone in PM after a quick screening process to see if you're a troll or not. White trolls are the worst. I can spot them a mile off from their race based, sarcastic comments and remarks. It is really all they have to offer, with few exceptions. Now watch them come back with even more remarks. It's their culture. They have learned nothing about saving face. It is a Western culture to feel like you have to win everything, all the time. It's a disgusting culture. 

I don't know what you smoke

but damn it's put you very high

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/15/2019 at 10:59 PM, thecyclist said:

You probably need a time machine to find a basic clean guesthouse for a hundred or a halfway nutritious meal for 20 Baht. If you travel back to 1979 (my first time in Thailand) 40 Baht for a room and 3 to 5 Baht for food is all you need. 

I did OK on about 150 Baht a day.  Rented an unfurnished 3 room house that had a couple of light bulbs and cold running water.  Had enough money for an occasional bus trip to BKK for cheap beer & women. Ate 2 vegetarian meals a day.  Bought gas for my motorcycle.   IN 1977-1979!

14 hours ago, sakoo said:

Booking site always has $3 or sometimes $2 rooms. Usually dorms, or beds in tents, it's good. And includes many things. 

Checkout Wonderland on booking site for example. Just as an example. I could stay here 1 night and then checkout to find somewhere better (also for $3/night). DO you really think I can't do it? It's so easy to do.

Balcony, River / Garden / Mountain / Lake view Private bathroom Barbecue Free WiFi

• • Balcony
  •  
  • • Garden view
  •  
  • • Mountain view
  •  
  • • River view
  •  
  • • Seating Area
  •  
  • • Mosquito net
  •  
  • • Shower
  •   
  • • Shared Toilet
  •  
  • • Minibar
  •  
  • • Kitchen
  •  
  • • Kitchenware
  •   
  • • Board games/puzzles

All very well in theory but just cos its been writ dont mean its true. Rather than talk the talk on this forum just walk the walk and get on with your holiday. I doubt, keeping to the outline of your plans you will last 7 days.

10 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Where in East Asia can you sleep for b100 a night? Even the NP charges b80 in the Andaman. That's not even including the park fee.

The OP is a bit of a dreamer. He comes to the old man board, not the others of which there are many. Then complains about free advice and calls everyone a racist. Too lol.

I didn't know it was an old man board, it didn't say that during registration. And which forum is for young people, that you speak of that are so many? Tripadvisor is also full of older people. Most young people don't spend their time answering questions on travel forums. It's the domain of the old and bitter. And i didn't complain about advice, as most of the remarks made about me were not advisory, they were just petty attacks, and people are racist. It's a fact of life. If you don't like that remark made about you, then I suggest you drop the personal remarks you make about me. 

10 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I'm better pat of 60 and I'd wager I could still travel circles around you

I still do 20 hour plane flights and spend ten days straight in a tent when work permits. Ten years ago I was literally living out of a tent five months a year in the Andaman. I'd only come onshore to pick up supplies. Cook and sometimes fish too. Nov to April.

Even when I was 45 and still traveling East Asia and India circuits. See all these young baby travelers with their 60L packs and music and pillows and whatever.

I can travel harder, longer, farther and faster than all you candy ass children half my age.

You know nothing of us boy. Pull it up. Show some respect. I've spent half my life abroad and 2/3 of that living out of a backpack.

You're full of it. Practice some humility. Pride is disgusting quality. 

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Siem Reap in Cambodia earlier this year.

You can have a bed and 2 or 3 beers for 100bht/night.

The bar was really good, live music at the weekend and a free pool table.

cambodia.jpg

Excellent, that is exactly what I am looking for, did you stay in the dorm? Did you try the daiquiri? Did they use real liquor or some homemade methanol? What kind of crowd was it? Really drunk young people? Or older crowd? And what kind of music? And what time did it end? And could you sleep in the dorm if the music was playing? Did you like Cambodia? Is it worth going to Siem Reap, even if I am not interested in Angkor Wat? 

10 hours ago, khunPer said:

You can long term rent a fine bungalow or little house from average 200 baht to 300 baht a day – equals 6,000 baht to 9,000 baht a month – and you can survive fine in food and drinks for another 200 baht a day, if you avoid up-price places, or even little less. You would still have an average of 285 baht to 385 baht a day for other expenses...????

That sounds more like mid-range spending. I usually spend far less than that in a day. 100b/day for food. 100b/night for accom. That is the way of things. 

11 minutes ago, sakoo said:

Excellent, that is exactly what I am looking for, did you stay in the dorm? Did you try the daiquiri? Did they use real liquor or some homemade methanol?

lol, excellent, after all your rants, that was what you were looking for, liquor or homemade methanol in a dorm room? ????

Take care your eyes with the cheap booz! ????

8 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Who would be jealous of someone who worries about spending over 100 baht a night on a room??????  nobody.  if he said he can't stay in a room under 5000 a night, then I can see people becoming jealous.  Being a backpacker is not glamorous.   It's their lack of responsibilities that makes it possibly good, not always.  being alone is not better than being with someone else.  the key is to have money, freedom, and people to spend time with.  maybe a family, maybe not.  i traveled "cheap" around the world when I was younger (decades ago), but on 30,000 baht a month after saving 500,000 for the trip.  I was a backpacker until I found a nice city, and stayed for a few months.  it's simply an experience, so if this guy must do it and has no responsibilities.....good.  but i'm not jealous.  

There are different types of jealousy, it is not ME they are jealous about, but what they have lost after becoming bitter, old men. It is jealousy for youth in general. It has nothing to do with me. I am just the catalyst that got them going. That and the 100b/night, they are quite obsessive about that. It is challenging I suppose to fathom one can enjoy traveling without being a mass consumer, many of them you see come from countries where they were raised thinking it's their role in society to spend, splurge, etc..I didn't grow up that way. I am very good with money, and I am VERY responsible. So I agree with you sharing money with other people will make you happier, but the quality of the people out there is not very good, so many of them are into themselves if they are really young or really bitter if they are older. To find a gem is a mission. And I am pro-family, so I hope that will happen as well. Most young dirty backpackers who live in dorms are anti-family in my experience, another trait I don't share with other backpackers. Really we have nothing in common. They are usually barefoot, and I take of my feet. I invest in foot massages. I have special oils to keep fungus off my feet. And I don't walk around half nude everywhere I go like dirty backpackers with selfie sticks. At the same time, i find the Tripadvisor crowd really stale and boring. So I am neither here or there no matter how much some of you may try to label me as a young, no nothing. I am actually not that young. I avoid the young party hostels because the music they listen to offends me and also their conversation topics are disgusting. While they are less racist than older people, they have really offensive liberal ideologies that I find questionable. But to spend $1000/month, that sounds a waste of money. I usually spend $3000-5000/year while traveling. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it. 

6 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Forget it. Your plan is rooted in western preconceptions and ignorance of Thailand and Asia in gneral. Your kind of poverty holiday is exploitative and parasitic.

Your reaction is what's really Western. Have you learned nothing about humility and saving face. Maybe you should take some lessons there. It will help with your disposition. 

6 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Camping in Thailand? Among the most poverty stricken Thais? The OP is a 'misery tourist ' who plans to give nothing to Thailand or the Thai people.  Give me a sex tourist anyday!

Disgusting. Your attempt to protect the Thais or care about the Thais is so hollow. Thais don't really like Farang. It is just their money they like. And they also smile without really being happy, so don't get the wrong idea. Wishing for sex tourists is also another Western cultural habit that has ruined Thailand far more than anything else. Chasing after flesh will lead you nowhere, old man. 

13 minutes ago, sakoo said:

That sounds more like mid-range spending. I usually spend far less than that in a day. 100b/day for food. 100b/night for accom. That is the way of things. 

100b/day for food in Thailand ... are you up to date what's currently going on here?

5 minutes ago, sakoo said:

Europeans in general, and then Americans and Aussies

That's not entirely true, there are also very nice, law abiding people on this forum and in Thailand from EUR/US/OZ who would report you if you don't behave and break the law, i.e. drink illegal homemade methanol or overstay! ????

45 minutes ago, sakoo said:

I didn't know it was an old man board, it didn't say that during registration. And which forum is for young people, that you speak of that are so many? Tripadvisor is also full of older people. Most young people don't spend their time answering questions on travel forums. It's the domain of the old and bitter. And i didn't complain about advice, as most of the remarks made about me were not advisory, they were just petty attacks, and people are racist. It's a fact of life. If you don't like that remark made about you, then I suggest you drop the personal remarks you make about me. 

So you say Trip Advisor is 'the domain of the old and bitter'. That is clearly nonsense and simply innacurate and untrue. This thread, like you I suspect, is a fraud with little or no grounding in reality.

21 minutes ago, sakoo said:

The British themselves hate themselves. It is the root of their foul mood, online or offline, they are the worst people to meet in Thailand. Europeans in general, and then Americans and Aussies. The only thing they have going for themselves is their access to wealth an economics. Take that way and nobody will give them visa-free access anywhere. That's really the crux of it. Because they spend hundreds of dollars/month on booze, women, gambling, etc.. they are the most immoral people on the planet, yet have the audacity to mock developing nations as backward. And everyone is a racist. It is just a matter of how much they express it, some only express it in private, others only when they're drunk. And British people for sure are racists, especially once they leave Britain, then they feel like they can express themselves, as Britain is a highly controlled environment. You can't even speak your mind there. Someone will come around and call you racist no matter what you have to say. Often it's merited, sometimes it's overdone. The reason the British get the fault is because the are the spawn of the American/Australians as well, like the Grandfather that bred the disgusting children. And now a whole extended family of ingrates is running lose around the world, scoffing their way into filthy lifestyles in other people's countries. And most are so British they can't even fathom the idea of actually living in Britain, it sucks so bad, and what kind of country puts the word Great in their name, only the most self-centered, the British. Nothing Great about it. Otherwise, they would have stayed there. 

So you couldn't get a UK visa? 555

34 minutes ago, sakoo said:

Disgusting. Your attempt to protect the Thais or care about the Thais is so hollow. Thais don't really like Farang. It is just their money they like. And they also smile without really being happy, so don't get the wrong idea. Wishing for sex tourists is also another Western cultural habit that has ruined Thailand far more than anything else. Chasing after flesh will lead you nowhere, old man. 

The Thai sex industry existed a long time before the tourists came here. But poverty tourists  who seek out the poorest, the cheapest, the most poverty stricken areas for their holiday pleasures are truly the most repellent  exploitative kind of travellers on the planet lacking any kind of moral compass. Give me a sex tourist anyday. At least they are honest,  fun, love life, like people and dont cloak themselves in plastic poverty.

54 minutes ago, sakoo said:

The British themselves hate themselves. It is the root of their foul mood, online or offline, they are the worst people to meet in Thailand. Europeans in general, and then Americans and Aussies. The only thing they have going for themselves is their access to wealth an economics. Take that way and nobody will give them visa-free access anywhere. That's really the crux of it. Because they spend hundreds of dollars/month on booze, women, gambling, etc.. they are the most immoral people on the planet, yet have the audacity to mock developing nations as backward. And everyone is a racist. It is just a matter of how much they express it, some only express it in private, others only when they're drunk. And British people for sure are racists, especially once they leave Britain, then they feel like they can express themselves, as Britain is a highly controlled environment. You can't even speak your mind there. Someone will come around and call you racist no matter what you have to say. Often it's merited, sometimes it's overdone. The reason the British get the fault is because the are the spawn of the American/Australians as well, like the Grandfather that bred the disgusting children. And now a whole extended family of ingrates is running lose around the world, scoffing their way into filthy lifestyles in other people's countries. And most are so British they can't even fathom the idea of actually living in Britain, it sucks so bad, and what kind of country puts the word Great in their name, only the most self-centered, the British. Nothing Great about it. Otherwise, they would have stayed there. 

Ahahahahahaaa, Don't forget the meds...…..aahahahhaaaa

9 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Yes a troll indeed.

I don't think Sakoo is a troll. A much overused word on this forum. Even if he is, he (she) is still a human with feelings and all the other human attributes.

Trolling is an art, and makes topics zip along. Done well it is a wonderful input into threads that might otherwise kick the bucket prematurely.

And I don't think it is proper to keep using third person talk. 'He is this, or he does that. Disrespectful in the extreme.

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I don't think Sakoo is a troll. A much overused word on this forum. Even if he is, he (she) is still a human with feelings and all the other human attributes.

Trolling is an art, and makes topics zip along. Done well it is a wonderful input into threads that might otherwise kick the bucket prematurely.

And I don't think it is proper to keep using third person talk. 'He is this, or he does that. Disrespectful in the extreme.

I don't know, I'm just browsing though this thread, but have you really read who posted disrespectful things in this thread?

3 hours ago, sakoo said:

Your posts speaks volumes about you.  Look how mad and triggered you get, and you ramble on a billion word diatribe........all negative.   and you think being poor and alone will solve this???

funny how you speak for all Thais and how they don't really like us.  This is projection.   Really, the poor life in the jungle is not the therapy you need.

you are screaming with your words to communicate, but they say you don't want to be around farangs.   yea, OK.  seems like you are begging for a friend.  it's OK, you are young and lost.  

i'm sure you have many theories on why the world is doomed, everything horrible and everyone bad but you will really save people with kindness as you live in a tree and beg for a massage for 11 baht.  you say they love money, so give them some!!  LOL

2 hours ago, RedPill said:

That's not entirely true, there are also very nice, law abiding people on this forum and in Thailand from EUR/US/OZ who would report you if you don't behave and break the law, i.e. drink illegal homemade methanol or overstay! ????

I like this post.

It reminded me of an incident in London about 20 years ago. I was reported to the police for putting Lidl cooking oil into my Diesel van.

20 hours ago, sakoo said:

I have every intention of camping only at guesthouses

Are you using the word "camping" to mean pitching a tent or otherwise sleeping outdoors? Do you hope to receive some additional discount from the guesthouse because you're not using the facilities as fully as guests who stay indoors?

camp·ing
/ˈkampiNG/

noun
noun: camping
  1. the activity of spending a vacation living in a camp, tent, or camper.

Luxery, is when you have a bed and a bathroom to yourself with shower and toilet. I you also have an balcony on top of that, you will feel like a king. Add a nice view and you are really on the top of the world. Thats worth working for. And if you have a woman next to you, you own the world ???? at least some of us feel we do ????

Archived