Which Thai provinces are the cheapest?

sakoo

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, sakoo said:

Pride! Vanity! Lust! All avenues leading to your moral and spiritual destruction.  Wake up, Uncle Bob! You're heading the wrong way. Come back to the light, and stay clear of material darkness. 

I have no problem with moral and spiritual destruction. Right here right now, thats what matters!

I know it's in your Western nature to try to silence or defame what you don't understand but try to comprehend at least something I said. And I socialize intellectually, that is what others don't understand because they see interaction as an emotional connect. That step comes after for me. That's what makes me different. Next time ask before assuming stuff about me. You sound foolish when you do that. Just ask! I will explain to you how it goes down. There is no reason to be presumptuous about what is different and unknown. Do a proper investigation so you can expand as a person. And hate exists in everyone, it is the fallen human condition. And it is interesting how you claim to know about my past? Alright, let me know what happened to me in my life that made me this way? What is it about my intelligence you think holds me back? What is it you're actually saying here? And no I am not black or a Muslim, is that how you understood me? Strange, I suppose you watch television, so you think the Muslims are out to get Western people. Newsflash, Uncle. It is the Western people themselves who go after other Western people, it is a destruction from within, creating the Black or Muslim adversary is just a ploy for dummies to believe in. They are not the real threat to the West. The real threat is from Globalism as well as Liberalism, etc..Those San Francisco types. They are the real threat, the airheads who go to Full Moon party, those are the real enemies of the West, not Black Muslims. The only reason I talk about white people is because the majority of the behaviour here is very, very typically White in the sense that you taught I was an Indian because I sounded cheap, or now you think I am Muslim because I hate the West, you see, it didn't start me with me (the racism) I am simply throwing it back to you, so you feel what it's like to be attacked on racial grounds, in a bid to finally stop it yourselves. Go back and read my first post, and then compare it to the replies I received. People here are clearly White Racists. They deserve to be told off and should be done so more regularly until they learn their lesson about it. And I will never Praise Muslim countries, they are almost as bad as the West, but since they are not in charge like the West, I see them as a secondary issue, and countries like Thailand as a tertiary. The primary bad guy is the USA, UK, and then EU followed by Russia and China. Everyone else is small potatoes. That's why I don't mention them. However, if the West wasn't around, then yes the Muslim countries would become more important, and then you would read me say more about them. I mean I can talk about other countries but I don't see the point, since most of you will probably get off by reading such text. I think it is more educational for you to hear about your own wicked governments. And I don't see how any of this is fake? It is my personal expression Why are you trying to silence me? Or call me fake? I am real, and these ideas and opinions are 100% real. I am not laughing over this. It is reality for me. And I don't want or need a public. I am typing all this out for you guys. I get no benefit in hearing my own ideas. i already know them. It is for you guys to hear them that I make the effort. It is my way of sharing with the world and take the abuse in return. But yes if you think I should be silenced, then I take that again as a sign of how closed minded many of still are, no matter what is said. 

16 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

13 hours ago, sakoo said:

You're full of it. Practice some humility. Pride is disgusting quality. 

The irony is of course you're just a SJW, full on virtue signaller with no money. you'll never make it out the door of your shared studio apartment in some crummy Ohio town. I'm sure you majored in some idiotic nonsense and loaded down with debt as all you youngsters are.

Humility. Lol, your posts are full of empty bravado and pipedreams that will never be fulfilled.

Sorry for the prior good advice. If I'd known ... I'd never posted.

My only consolation is you'll never make it here and if you do you'll make all sorts of mistakes and with the pittance you will have brought be gone in three weeks. But you won't leave. Thailand will have yet another Millennial plonker on its hands.

I'm done here.

You are certainly an interesting character Sakoo, and some of your comments have provided food for thought.

Just to get back to the camping gear issue, if you are primarily planning on staying in guest houses, I wouldn't bother with either a tent or a hammock. Most guest houses should have a hammock, and if not, you can pick one up for very cheap. I still don't understand why you want to bring a tent if you're planning on staying mostly in guesthouses.

One final observation I would offer is that you do seem to have used this thread to get a lot of pent up resentments off your chest. I'm not saying that some of the points you made are without merit, but just in case you aren't already aware, those types of geopolitical grievances can be pretty intense and confrontational, and would be pretty overwhelming conversation topics for most Thais. I'd encourage you to steer away from them when engaging with Thais.

I hope you have a good trip. I actually think that if you open yourself up to it, Thailand could potentially have a soothing effect on your spirit. 

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

i must say that I am enjoying this thread-one of the best that I have read for some time on TV.????

I agree.

It's informative, confrontational and positive all at the same time.

I've just came back from shopping in Nong Khai, and this thread has caused me to seek out the more reasonable places.

There is a fishing resort in east Nong Khai that is very resonably priced. Seeing as you only pay for what you catch; don't catch any fish. Their food is OK though, and it's worth a visit. Put your feet up for a couple of days and enjoy. Not you, of couse Odi, but anyone who wants cheap living. Toilets not great, but on the upside, the lake water is clean enough for a bathe.

Pringles are on a special in Big C. Three big tubes for 55 baht.

3 hours ago, sakoo said:

Thank you! And did you enjoy a 20b Pad Thai at the market?

That's the thing you haven't understood ... there are no more 20b Pad Thai's on the market.

You can't live on 100b per day, it's 2019.

I've been to a gas station last week, where they have all those Black Canyon style of franchises.

What was it called, 'Yen taa foo', or something like that.

A Thai dish costs 240 Baht ... a Thai dish! 

A Noodle soup 150 Baht ... 

I was pretty shocked about it, but this is the direction where it goes.

On the markets in a village, you get your noodle soups for 40-50 Baht ... but how far do you get with your 100b per day and what are you going to eat all day long, day after day? Only Mama noodles?

It's time for you to be realistic and set your correct expectations. 

Something starting upwards from 500b per day for food would be more correct and what you can expect in Thailand anno 2019, and that's still pushing it, when you are traveling.

14 hours ago, sakoo said:

The British themselves hate themselves. It is the root of their foul mood, online or offline, they are the worst people to meet in Thailand. Europeans in general, and then Americans and Aussies. The only thing they have going for themselves is their access to wealth an economics. Take that way and nobody will give them visa-free access anywhere. That's really the crux of it. Because they spend hundreds of dollars/month on booze, women, gambling, etc.. they are the most immoral people on the planet, yet have the audacity to mock developing nations as backward. And everyone is a racist. It is just a matter of how much they express it, some only express it in private, others only when they're drunk. And British people for sure are racists, especially once they leave Britain, then they feel like they can express themselves, as Britain is a highly controlled environment. You can't even speak your mind there. Someone will come around and call you racist no matter what you have to say. Often it's merited, sometimes it's overdone. The reason the British get the fault is because the are the spawn of the American/Australians as well, like the Grandfather that bred the disgusting children. And now a whole extended family of ingrates is running lose around the world, scoffing their way into filthy lifestyles in other people's countries. And most are so British they can't even fathom the idea of actually living in Britain, it sucks so bad, and what kind of country puts the word Great in their name, only the most self-centered, the British. Nothing Great about it. Otherwise, they would have stayed there. 

You're entitled to your opinion (not necessarily to voicing it though), but the irony is apparently lost on you... you berate others for being racist while being pretty racist yourself. I haven't read all the posts yet - have you shared your own nationality anywhere?

9 minutes ago, androokery said:

There are some linguistic hints in the text... While your English is quite good @sakoo, I think you've left some traces of the following languages, in order of likelihood:

1. Swedish/Danish/Norwegian
  2. German
  3. Dutch
  4. French (Canadian perhaps)

????

On order to do some really wild and adventorous like this, you have to be kind of maniac when planning, and great desire to accomplish anything like this. Also the speed of thinking, and brilliant understanding as clever writings when answering replies. 

I can get the idea, but not willing to try myself. 

The main issue I have with people trying to live on a really tight budget is that they will jump at any and all opportunities to let me (or someone else) pay for them. They think that being thrifty is a sign of good character, that it's a personality trait that should be respected, something to which we should all aspire. But the reality is that someone else usually has to pay, one way or another. 

Jeez, you are rich you really are, asking for folks to do all your research for you as you are too cheap to do it yourself, and all the factors you mentioned, christ, do you really think someone should spend the time to do all this for you?????

Talk about a cheap charlie, you are the winner,,, and oh yes, you will really be helping out Thais with you projected budget won't you.  Alos will you have travel insurance???? Doubt it.

5 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Actually, they are 19th in terms of promiscuity and science has proven that staring at their lips will have them dislike you.  Plus, 74% will join you immediately and has no problem staying after others are awake.

Where do you make this stuff up?  lol

The survey I saw found that Thai women are the most promiscuous in the world. 52% admitted to having affairs behind their husband/partners back.

Agree on the lips though, when talking to a woman, i never manage to raise my eyes above the tits.

1 hour ago, RedPill said:

That's the thing you haven't understood ... there are no more 20b Pad Thai's on the market.

30 baht at the pop up market at my local wat in Pattaya. Kwai Tiao Moo Deng with all the trimmings, 30 baht at a stall outside my local 7/11. Delicious and enough for the main meal of the day.

It's still out there, you just need to know where to look.

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

30 baht at the pop up market at my local wat in Pattaya. Kwai Tiao Moo Deng with all the trimmings, 30 baht at a stall outside my local 7/11. Delicious and enough for the main meal of the day.

It's still out there, you just need to know where to look.

Yes, ok, I agree with that.

But overall, don't take this as the norm to measure and budget for a trip, if that makes sense ...

1 hour ago, androokery said:

There are some linguistic hints in the text... While your English is quite good @sakoo, I think you've left some traces of the following languages, in order of likelihood:

1. Swedish/Danish/Norwegian
  2. German
  3. Dutch
  4. French (Canadian perhaps)

????

has used a few phrases that only a native English speaker would use. Just a wind up merchant who doesn't like his own medicine.

15 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Yes, ok, I agree with that.

But overall, don't take this as the norm to measure and budget for a trip, if that makes sense ...

I have backpacked round S.E. Asia...at the age of 60!  Some of the hotels had "unwanted guests" in them but wouldn't have dreamt of camping. Only ever slept outside in Thailand once, up in Nong Khai on a New Years Eve, 3 bottles of Lao Khao and the relies just threw a mossie net over me and left me there. Slept well.

Would never compromise on food though.

5 hours ago, sakoo said:

I would argue it was the advent of the Vietnam war and horny American pigs looking to conquer the flesh of another man's woman that started the Thai sex industry and it was the US dollar that got it going. Don't blame the Thais for Western debauchery culture. It is always the fault of the West. They are the worst criminals on the planet. You will see what will happen to the West over next few decades. A slow, steady moral decay. Look at the 18-25 year olds at the full moon party, if you can even stomach them. That is the future of the West. A bunch of spoiled, entitled tattoo heads with no intellect and a lot of pride and boasting. It is the end of Western culture as you knew it, to be replaced by a Global culture that tramples traditional Western values, and the young ones have already subscribed much to their detriment. 

absolutely WRONG.  study your history and do a little research on the chinese in and around Bangkok.

mods need to stop this negativity.  

7 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

I would argue it was the advent of the Vietnam war and horny American pigs looking to conquer the flesh of another man's woman that started the Thai sex industry and it was the US dollar that got it going. Don't blame the Thais for Western debauchery culture. It is always the fault of the West.

Wrong on one point. They weren't "another man's woman", they were all virgins before the yanks got here. Greedy though, didn't leave any virgins for the rest of Western civilisation to sample.

5 hours ago, sakoo said:

I would argue it was the advent of the Vietnam war and horny American pigs looking to conquer the flesh of another man's woman that started the Thai sex industry and it was the US dollar that got it going. Don't blame the Thais for Western debauchery culture. It is always the fault of the West. They are the worst criminals on the planet. You will see what will happen to the West over next few decades. A slow, steady moral decay. Look at the 18-25 year olds at the full moon party, if you can even stomach them. That is the future of the West. A bunch of spoiled, entitled tattoo heads with no intellect and a lot of pride and boasting. It is the end of Western culture as you knew it, to be replaced by a Global culture that tramples traditional Western values, and the young ones have already subscribed much to their detriment. 

You came across as a reasonable person in your original post, but the subsequent scatter-gun insults and vitriol aimed at just about every race is concerning. Maybe travelling alone on a tight budget is a bit of a risk for someone with this much pent up anger? 

And just fyi, as far as I'm aware the vast majority of Thai sex workers (I think I've read 90% or something?) cater for Thai men. What you see in the tourist areas is just the tip of the iceberg - allegedly. So I'm not sure you can blame Johhny foreigner for the Thai sex industry. 

Add on the difficulty to wanting only vegetarian curry at a low price + camping remotely + insane expected budget. 

The absolute bottom would be 600B a day and that is not that fun, a realistic minimalist budget. Less as a moving tourist is like being a homeless.
(3x50B food = 150B, 50B others, 200B avg. dorm, 120B transport, 80B entertainment avg. = survival, not a holiday)

5 hours ago, Tagged said:

Could invite sakoo for leftovers?

Reminds me of Loei back in 1978.  I was at my future mother in law's house. Looked out the rickety back porch that overlooked the Loei river, which was knee deep in the dry season.  I saw a respectable looking young farang couple walking in the riverbed.  Turns out they were from Ireland and were exploring the less-traveled areas.  It was rare to see a farang in Loei back then.

Mom-in-law invited them in and we all sat on a mat on the floor and had dinner and a nice chat.  I'm sure she would have let someone pitch a tent in the back yard.  The pig wouldn't have minded some company.

Yala is pretty cheap. Off the tourist trail so no sex tourists or backpackers. As it is in the restive south they don't get many visitors but those that do go are very welcome. Basic accommodation easily found for 100 a night and if you don't mind small portions then a bowl of noodles can be had for 15 baht. 

Possible to sleep at temples and accompany the monks on their alms giving rounds. The food the monks dont eat is given to the poor but weary travelers are welcome. No need to use a tent since there is usually an empty novice monk place available. Basic but better than a tent.

By moving around and only eating one good meal a day it is possible not to spend any money at all. But moving from one temple to the next is done on foot unless someone is going your way. You can even make a very little bit of money on the way by giving English practice lessons, necessarily cheap because you are living amongst the poor and seeing the country as a tourist never can.

Sometimes , you can get lucky and attend a wedding with the monks who are paid to be in attendance. You can expect a cut if you ate assisting the monks.

If you get bored seeing the real Thailand and want to go to Bangkok you can go free by bus if you are not in a hurry.

Just jump on any bus and go to the back if the bus. When the conductor comes you can pretend you have been robbed but only just found out the fact. Spin this charade out as long as possible since while the bus is moving it is ticking off the mileage.

Two things can happen. You get kicked off the bus so you have to get the next one and repeat, or someone will feel sorry for you and pay your fare.

Oh yes, it is still possible to travel the length and breadth of Thailand not only for free but if you are careful and not fussy to turn a modest profit.

This way , the OP can be truly proud of himself that he has not been taken advantage of and has made many Thai friends along the way.

6 minutes ago, Denim said:

Yala is pretty cheap. Off the tourist trail so no sex tourists or backpackers. As it is in the restive south they don't get many visitors but those that do go are very welcome.

Interesting you mention this.

I've been down South only up to Satun before, going to Koh Lipe, by car. All pretty welcoming.

But now I was thinking about a bike trip down to Songkhla. 

I'm not sure, reading the travel warnings, they warn about going down to Yala, Songkhla etc. alone as a foreigner.

What's the real situation? Would it be a problem riding down my bike on my own?

20 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Interesting you mention this.

I've been down South only up to Satun before, going to Koh Lipe, by car. All pretty welcoming.

But now I was thinking about a bike trip down to Songkhla. 

I'm not sure, reading the travel warnings, they warn about going down to Yala, Songkhla etc. alone as a foreigner.

What's the real situation? Would it be a problem riding down my bike on my own?

For a certainty , bad incidents happen and people get killed but for every tragic journey there are thousands where nothing happens. A bit like flying. Accidents are highlighted but compared to the number of flights globally the statistics are in your favour.

Also , when travelling through Yala and other southern provinces their are military checkpoints everywhere. This is an inconvenience but necessary in order to make terrorist activity difficult.

Also, be sensible. After dark don't go looking for ' action '. Stay in well lit areas. Keep off the roads after dark and don't visit scenic spots alone unless there are other people there .

The OP is not European so might be a bit safer for him. Certainly can be pretty cheap if you are looking to get off the tourist trail.

6 hours ago, sakoo said:

I know it's in your Western nature to try to silence or defame what you don't understand ................blablablablablablablabla............But yes if you think I should be silenced, then I take that again as a sign of how closed minded many of still are, no matter what is said. 

amen

to stay focus on your topic

i read that you want do your trip during the low season in Thailand, so somes tips

1\ the low season is also the raining one, so particularly if you want to camp

try to avoid the southand all the usual flooded area.

2\ during the low season a lot of guesthouse are close

particularly the chepear one, because the lack of customers, and some

sites like Agoda do not remove their offer even if it's close (I have experimented it 

in Kao lak and Surat thani in last september)

good luck

Archived