Which Thai provinces are the cheapest?

sakoo

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I live just south of Nong Khai. In a small village, but also live at our farm.

The blow up beach bed can be purchased almost anywhere. They are used a lot at swimming pools. Mostly blue, but can be other colours if you don't like blue. I like green myself, or brown (hard to find), but my daughter prefers orange. Check on the length of the item before purchasing. Get one that is too short and your feet - or your head - will stick out when you are sleeping. Sometimes the small valve, which you use for blowing into, becomes unfuntionable, due to unreasonable abuse. So particularly look after this part. I think the modern beach beds are made from a vinyl or similar.

Doubles are available, which can be handy if you bump into a female adventurer, as you can share both food and bed.

Peace and respect. 

You are very naughty! But funny. The nutter is taking your advice seriously! Nice one!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, sakoo said:

Thank you Owl, you are correct I am just looking for experiences and I pay my way especially toward the humble people of the world. 

Where in Isan do you live? I don't eat animals but I would like to know more about free veggies and fruit and regarding this blow up beach bed, what material should it be made from? And can it fit into a backpack, if I also have a pop up tent and camping hammock in tow as well? I can perhaps put the beach bed inside the tent instead of taking a rolling sleeping mat, as those are really bulky. 

Also can I find one without the air pump? Those are really bulky and is then the only option blowing into it? 

Only a narcissist doesn't get it when people are subtlety mocking him. But seriously: you dont have to blow up the beach bed. If you plan to stay in the same location for a while just use it as a water bed and toilet combined by urinating into it. I learned this trick when i was on a mission for special ops. Respect dude and happy trails.

13 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Or a tent and hammock with mosquito net!

If Sakoo does not have a mosquito net or a tent or a hammock, there is a natural answer.

Find a neem tree (I think sadow in Thailand) pluck a few dozen leaves and squeeze the berry juice into a cup. When it's time to retire, smear the juice onto any exposed body parts and surround the blow up bed with leaves. This will keep the adventurer safe from mosquito bites and any critters that might be crawling about.

Well known amongst those seeking the ultimate adventures and experiences.

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

If Sakoo does not have a mosquito net or a tent or a hammock, there is a natural answer.

Find a neem tree (I think sadow in Thailand) pluck a few dozen leaves and squeeze the berry juice into a cup. When it's time to retire, smear the juice onto any exposed body parts and surround the blow up bed with leaves. This will keep the adventurer safe from mosquito bites and any critters that might be crawling about.

Can luckeee lottery numbers be rubbed out of this tree?

40 minutes ago, sakoo said:

Where in Isan do you live? I don't eat animals but I would like to know more about free veggies and fruit and regarding this blow up beach bed, what material should it be made from? And can it fit into a backpack, if I also have a pop up tent and camping hammock in tow as well? I can perhaps put the beach bed inside the tent instead of taking a rolling sleeping mat, as those are really bulky. 

Also can I find one without the air pump? Those are really bulky and is then the only option blowing into it? 

There are excellent hi-tech self inflatable mattresses which weigh 500-600 grams or less. They usually cost a few thousand bahts, and with 100 baht/night sleeping budget this would eat a month beforehand ????

Just curious, why do you want to camp at all? Most campers like solitude, you want to camp but have people around, massages, etc.

12 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Well known amongst those seeking the ultimate adventures and experiences.

I eat Marmite for breakfast every day. They never come near me.

4 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Just curious, why do you want to camp at all? Most campers like solitude, you want to camp but have people around, massages, etc.

Self gratification is way too sinful so he get's someone else to do it for him.

After the happy ending he shouts, "Oh Lord it was not me it was my friend!" He'll do well in Thailand.

On 11/17/2019 at 10:19 AM, sakoo said:

And no I am not Indian nor am i from San Francisco (that horrid place)

Probably one of the greatest cities on earth although silicon valley and the Democrats made it impossible to live there anymore. So as you want to be treated please refrain from comments like that.

On the other note, there are Hostels or dorms in Chiang Mai city you can maybe get at 150 a night. Pai has the same if you look online, but that place is not what you think now as has literally boomed. 40 baht per meal is doable. To just pitch a tent anywhere is probably not doable and more than likely if you had anything of value it would get ripped off. So realistically you could be on a 300 baht a day budget and live quite ok. Use the internet searching hostels and dorms in Chiang Mai and Pai and Chiang Rai. Some places you may have to settle to pay more as they are not set for tourists or back packers and thus they want a few hundred bath a night. Mostly in Thai places so staying at a temple would be feasible. Oddly enough parks would charge you an entry fee and it is not cheap. But if you come at this time of the year for the north, it is actually cold season and camping time, so probably way easier to pitch a tent somewhere. Anyway good luck. I never have travelled that way other than finding the cheapest room as always like to suck a beer or two or three where ever I go and have went. and that right there costs money. 

On 11/16/2019 at 11:48 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Here you go champ, can rent my little shack in Chaiyaphum for 100 baht a night.. There's no nightlife, no crowds, come to think of it there's not much of anything !! But you'll be able to practice your Thai and might get lucky with a massage ??

String your hammock up on the deck and listen to the rain ????

1571742322141.jpg

Dont forget to bring the mosquito netting and lots and lots of bug sprays ????????????

19 hours ago, sakoo said:

Please elaborate on Nong Khai? How much was the massage? 1 hour traditional, no oil? What about the moto bike rental for 1 week? And was it the cheapest part of Isan? 

Didnt get massages..rented the house ate street food..got a folding japanese bike in khon kaen and put it on train to NK....a nice mellow small town along the mekong river..can see and hear Laos across the river

bike was 1600..resold it

20 hours ago, sakoo said:

Excellent someone is actually still on topic. Thank you! And did you enjoy a 20b Pad Thai at the market? How much did you make for spicy red veggie curry? 

I got a bag of sticky rice for 5 baht and a bag of curry for 20....also cheap soft boiled eggs in 7-11 for 10 baht and cheaper for 2 pack...or get a little container of red or green curry in 7-11 to pour over sticky rice..was never a pad thai guy..could get more protein from a soft boiled egg with soy sauce to add salt--10 bt each

5 hours ago, sakoo said:

Thank you for the tips. How come you said Amen? It means so be it. I take it you agree with my point of view? Why do you think the others don't agree? And why do you agree? 

You are welcome.

Amen just means

1\ i do not want to waste my time

2\ off topics are often removed by the mods (So return to point 1)

I disagree with a lot of yours points of view but it's not a problem for you nor for me.

Have a nice day

52 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

I got a bag of sticky rice for 5 baht and a bag of curry for 20....also cheap soft boiled eggs in 7-11 for 10 baht and cheaper for 2 pack...or get a little container of red or green curry in 7-11 to pour over sticky rice..was never a pad thai guy..could get more protein from a soft boiled egg with soy sauce to add salt--10 bt each

Excellent approach but there are a couple problems one is the quality at 7-11, what are the ingredients of those curry mixes. The sticky rice should be OK, but a bag of curry even at the market could have shrimp paste, fish sauce, oyster sauce, MSG, these things are also in Pad Thai as well as egg, but at least the Pad Thai is made fresh, and some things could be asked to be omitted, but with already made sauces, it's too late. And I suggest you watch chicken farm videos on youtube before eating another egg. It will gross you out, unless you are too "chicken" to watch the truth about our food industry. 

Clearly the OP is a freeloader as mentioned previously. How happy would you be as the owner of a guest house if someone proposed that they could use all of the facilities of your establishment and set camp in your garden, while not paying for a room or even a bed in the dorm? And also on top of that ask for a discount? 

I can further see how the OP can mistake the help of Thai people as kindness and respect for the OP's excellent language skills, while it is more likely that the OP is just the object of pity.

The OP - I'm struggling for the appropriate transsexual, transgender, transnational pronoun here, as no information is freely given - displays a weird concept of christian theology here. That we may possess more than one spirit... I thought it was just a single soul. And mine is condemned to burn for eternity apparently.

It is easy to understand why early retirement was "given". 

1 hour ago, androokery said:

Clearly the OP is a freeloader as mentioned previously. How happy would you be as the owner of a guest house if someone proposed that they could use all of the facilities of your establishment and set camp in your garden, while not paying for a room or even a bed in the dorm? And also on top of that ask for a discount? 

I can further see how the OP can mistake the help of Thai people as kindness and respect for the OP's excellent language skills, while it is more likely that the OP is just the object of pity.

The OP - I'm struggling for the appropriate transsexual, transgender, transnational pronoun here, as no information is freely given - displays a weird concept of christian theology here. That we may possess more than one spirit... I thought it was just a single soul. And mine is condemned to burn for eternity apparently.

It is easy to understand why early retirement was "given". 

Very amusing ???? One of the funnier replies. Now, for a little bit of education. What is a freeloader? Someone who doesn't pay. Well I am paying. Didn't you read my posts stating prices/night? Or have your overpaid so much and for so long throughout your life that deals and discounts amount to freebies for you? What a sad development that you probably also believe in the massive lie that nothing in life is for free? Well there are many examples of freebies in life, hitchhiking is one. There is no cost to hitchhiking, it is 100% benefit with no real, tangible cost. And the discount is for a weekly stay, the owner of the GH benefits, and why would he agree if he didn't benefit? He is the one offering the discount. It is not like I am engineering a discount against his will because I am so clever. It is a request he can deny and I will stay a night and use that GH as a base for finding another GH with a weekly rate. And why would I be pitied? By who? You? For what? And why? Nonsense coming from you now regarding pity. And why would you struggle with my gender? Don't you know my gender? Can't you tell? Do women even post on this forum? I thought it was the domain of grouchy, old men? And what is the weird part about Christian theology? Is it weird because it doesn't match the nonsense you heard in your church? Well it should because the church is full of it, and what it's full of is not Christianity. Massive deception in the denominational church systems, and denominationalism is sedition - a sin. Even those non-denominationalists are in error when the mix liberalism or conservative nationalism into their faith - big mistake. And there is ONLY 1 Spirit per person. Where did you get the idea I said otherwise. It is the spirit of each you I care about and why I bother even replying, so that it may touch you spiritually. Your lifestyle choices offend me and our Father in Heaven, but your spirits can still be saved. And yes eternity is what's coming, but you get to choose willingly how your spirit will spend it. It's up to you. Don't make the wrong choice, partner. Or you will cry and agonize with gnashing teeth. And retirement was given so I could have enough time and energy to type out this reply for you and everyone else. 

10 hours ago, sakoo said:

History is an opinion. If you only read what White people have to say about the world you will remain forever ignorant about the world. The best example is how little Western people know about the Soviet assistance provided in WW2 for example to topple Nazi Germany. If you depend on Cambridge or Oxford to learn about the world, you might as well check the CIA World Factbook, these are all tainted sources designed to make the West look superior. I suggest you quote me some Thai or Vietnamese sources as well as Chinese and Russian alongside your Cambridge, of course you won't. But it's what it takes to explain. history properly. History is just a version of events. It is not fact based. And it gets changed all the time. 

The book is co-written by a Thai, but published by Cambridge University Press. The authors are: Chris Baker that thaught Asia history at Cambrigde University, and Pauk Phongpaichit that is professor af economics at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok. There are several other sources available, which agree in these facts, I've also quoted from one of the others in another post, and I'm quite certain you also read it...????

I'm sorry if facts changed your image of "American pigs" being responsible for starting prostitution in Thailand.

Please show me some facts stating the opposite, instead of talking about Soviet and WWII...????

1 hour ago, sakoo said:

Very amusing ???? One of the funnier replies. Now, for a little bit of education. What is a freeloader? Someone who doesn't pay. Well I am paying. Didn't you read my posts stating prices/night? Or have your overpaid so much and for so long throughout your life that deals and discounts amount to freebies for you? What a sad development that you probably also believe in the massive lie that nothing in life is for free? Well there are many examples of freebies in life, hitchhiking is one. There is no cost to hitchhiking, it is 100% benefit with no real, tangible cost. And the discount is for a weekly stay, the owner of the GH benefits, and why would he agree if he didn't benefit? He is the one offering the discount. It is not like I am engineering a discount against his will because I am so clever. It is a request he can deny and I will stay a night and use that GH as a base for finding another GH with a weekly rate. And why would I be pitied? By who? You? For what? And why? Nonsense coming from you now regarding pity. And why would you struggle with my gender? Don't you know my gender? Can't you tell? Do women even post on this forum? I thought it was the domain of grouchy, old men? And what is the weird part about Christian theology? Is it weird because it doesn't match the nonsense you heard in your church? Well it should because the church is full of it, and what it's full of is not Christianity. Massive deception in the denominational church systems, and denominationalism is sedition - a sin. Even those non-denominationalists are in error when the mix liberalism or conservative nationalism into their faith - big mistake. And there is ONLY 1 Spirit per person. Where did you get the idea I said otherwise. It is the spirit of each you I care about and why I bother even replying, so that it may touch you spiritually. Your lifestyle choices offend me and our Father in Heaven, but your spirits can still be saved. And yes eternity is what's coming, but you get to choose willingly how your spirit will spend it. It's up to you. Don't make the wrong choice, partner. Or you will cry and agonize with gnashing teeth. And retirement was given so I could have enough time and energy to type out this reply for you and everyone else. 

Not your partner. 

Of course there is a cost to hitchhiking. Are you weightless? The extra cost of transporting the weight of your sorry ass around is both real and tangible, if not very expensive. Unless you’re huge and your planned frugal trip is about shedding weight. 

Sakoo:

Please don't take offense, but I cannot resist taking a stab at guessing your demographic background.

I think you are either British-Iranian, British-Pakistani, or British-Indian, and were either born in Britain or have lived there from an early age. Your avatar name and nimble debate style is what is causing me to think this.

I can tell from your writing style that you are likely a fast talker in real life which also matches up with the debate styles of some of the mid-eastern and south Asian countries I mentioned. Your debate skills also point towards exposure to the British education system.

I suspect that you are bi-racial with an Anglo mother whose father is from one of the above mentioned countries. The reason I think your mother is Anglo is because of your affinity for Christian theology and familiarity with Christian denominations. I also recognize the racial resentment you expressed towards Caucasians as very similar to that voiced by bi-racial children who are often socially marginalized despite having a white parent.

I don't expect you to provide confirmation of any of this to me or anybody else, but to the extent that any of this is true, just want you to know that you're not alone out there.

11 hours ago, sakoo said:

Why wouldn't 30b/meal be the norm? All you have to do is go to a street market and do the rounds. Roti is even cheaper. And cooking cheapest of all. It is the pinnacle of consumption culture to think you need to spend all the time, every time. You don't. The whole philosophy of "splurging" is just that - a philosophy, it isn't necessary or rewarding. It's just a way of squeezing the easily squeezed. I think it's more a case of personality differences than economics. 

Dude, I'm telling you, you can't survive on 100b per day.

You can go searching for 20b Pad Thais and some Roti's all day long. What kind of nutrition does that get into your body?

I thought you were going to ask questions before your trip, from people on the ground.

You want to argue or get answers?

This is the answer, you need more money! 300-500b per day for food at least.

Enjoy your trip!

9 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I can tell from your writing style that you are likely a fast talker in real life which also matches up with the debate styles of some of the mid-eastern and south Asian countries I mentioned. 

Seek out rapid thoughts and writing. He jumping from one theme to another as he gets inspired or fueled by the answers. 

4 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Dude, I'm telling you, you can't survive on 100b per day.

You can go searching for 20b Pad Thais and some Roti's all day long. What kind of nutrition does that get into your body?

I thought you were going to ask questions before your trip, from people on the ground.

You want to argue or get answers?

This is the answer, you need more money! 300-500b per day for food at least.

Enjoy your trip!

In Hua Hin you get decent appartments (new) bedroom, balcony, bathroom with aircon for 3000,- baht a month. You can live on nudles, chicken, pasta vegetables and so on for 150 baht a day easy, and also have internet and tv for free. Expensive is electric in some condomendiums, up to 8 baht for a unit. But if he like cold showers in the evening and morning, and also do not need aircon, that is limited what he will use. 

Walking distance to city and beach,  massages starts from 250,-. Lao Kao 10 baht shot at the corner down the road. 

So basic living cost 6 500,- and it is not even crowded. Can see people when you want, and stay alone when you want. Space for hammock on the beach as well. And nice soi dogs for company if you need a friend. Free mushrooms in the woods in the season, some wild vegetables, and fruits also in the woods around. 

5 minutes ago, Tagged said:

In Hua Hin you get decent appartments (new) bedroom, balcony, bathroom with aircon for 3000,- baht a month. You can live on nudles, chicken, pasta vegetables and so on for 150 baht a day easy, and also have internet and tv for free. Expensive is electric in some condomendiums, up to 8 baht for a unit. But if he like cold showers in the evening and morning, and also do not need aircon, that is limited what he will use. 

Walking distance to city and beach,  massages starts from 250,-. Lao Kao 10 baht shot at the corner down the road. 

So basic living cost 6 500,- and it is not even crowded. Can see people when you want, and stay alone when you want. Space for hammock on the beach as well. And nice soi dogs for company if you need a friend. Free mushrooms in the woods in the season, some wild vegetables, and fruits also in the woods around. 

But if he doesn't use any electricity how is he going to contribute on TV?

8 minutes ago, Tagged said:

A decent apartment in Hua Hin, with A/C, for 3k?

My A/C, electric bill alone various between 1500-3500 baht per month, depending on the hot/low season.

Food only 150b per day?

Basic living 6,500 per month?

Ok, I give it to you ... but I have to tell you ... I have big troubles believing it. Please don't take any offense, I'm not saying you are not saying the truth, but it is certainly not what I see you got to spend here in daily life.

What you are listing, is not the norm, more an extreme exception. 

2 hours ago, sakoo said:

Sakoo, you have these weird "turn-o-phrases" sometimes... Like:

Why because of the way I spelled behaviour vs behavior? It doesn't always work like that, sport. There are other factors at play. And remember I have traveled the world. I change my speaking and writing style at random. By the way, your approach to sex and marriage will cost you one day. It will cost you a spirit. I suggest you turn away from such things while you still can. There is no benefit in boasting about sexual immorality.

"It will cost you a spirit." It seems to suggest we have more than one spirit - and I do believe you actually mean "soul" here. 

And you call people "sport" and "partner" as if you'd picked up your English from old movies. 

Your original post actually had some merit, as in "please tell what the cheapest option would be for me to travel around Thailand" and then you went off on a tangent about how stupid everyone else is for spending too much money and how you are morally superior to the rest of us. When in fact, what you've described here, makes you appear more like a parasite. You don't even see the cost you incur for others with your lifestyle, as in the hitchhiking example, where you see it as "100% free" only because there is no cost for you. The car didn't just magically spring into existence next to you. You are effectively just taking advantage of someone else picking up the tab and you appear entirely ungrateful about it. The same applies for your strategy of always seeking out what you call "deals and discounts". If you negotiate a deal with a really poor person you are obviously taking advantage of their situation, much like if you're negotiating for a BJ with a drug addict. A few hundred baht is at least something towards some yaba... Some people overpay either out of ignorance or because it makes whatever they bought seem more valuable. But there actually is such a thing as paying a fair price for products and services. Not just the lowest possible one. 

14 minutes ago, RedPill said:

My A/C, electric bill alone various between 1500-3500 baht per month, depending on the hot/low season.

Food only 150b per day?

Ok, I give it to you ... but I have to tell you ... I have big troubles believing it. Please don't take any offense, I'm not saying you are not saying the truth, but it is certainly not what I see you got to spend here in daily life.

He didn't include utilities in his example.

12 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Food only 150b per day?

He asked for the extreme exception, I just proved it can be done. Basic calories for a grown man 2 500,- baht a day, is covered in 150 baht a day, include enough water, protein and vitamins, if you go buy localy. 

We pay around 1 100 - 1 300,- baht a month in electric where we stay now, in a 28m2 room, and we have additional fan, and water heater on the bathroom. We pay for 40m2 7000,- baht a month, but the rooms without kitchen, but have fridge and aircon is 3000,- baht a month about 24m2 including small balcony. 

Me and my gf spend 30 000,- on monthly expenses Gasolin, car and bikes, included. Total budget we have for spendings and a comfortable one is 60 000,- 

Archived