Bangkok Bank problems

I have occasionally had problems with the app (both BkB and Krung Thai Bank).  But they are relatively rare occurances of traffic overload.

Of course at the time it was annoying.   But it also emphasizes the need to have a 2nd account at a different bank as a backup.

24 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Not really, but last Tuesday AM. 12th Nov., i deposited money through an English bank into my Bangkok Bank Acct. Today is after midday Monday 18th Nov., and money still not in my Bangkok bank account. Is this time delay normal.

The delay has nothing to do with Bangkok Bank. The receiving bank doesn't do much during a transfer. A normal swift transfer from Europe to Thailand takes 3 banking days. Contact your bank in England. 

1 minute ago, 4evermaat said:

I have occasionally had problems with the app (both BkB and Krung Thai Bank).  But they are relatively rare occurances of traffic overload.

Of course at the time it was annoying.   But it also emphasizes the need to have a 2nd account at a different bank as a backup.

I'm using Bangkok Bank online banking and mobile banking frequently, and I have never had any problem with traffic overload. We're talking morning, afternoon and evening. Same with K-Bank. 

33 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I'm using Bangkok Bank online banking and mobile banking frequently, and I have never had any problem with traffic overload. We're talking morning, afternoon and evening. Same with K-Bank. 

Tried the usual combinations (switched from wifi to mobile internet, restart phone, clear app data/re-sign in.  Delete app and reinstall app).  Read the responses for yourself.

Snag_1ab22273.png.d2aedb3c287aac9b961a7a0a0f2fada8.png

Snag_1ab599a8.thumb.png.d313612d18661804067b2b32f18c2c42.png

Bkb did not fully own up to it.   At least KTB did.    But the copy/paste "delete the app and login again"  is reminiscence of the old solution to having a problem with Windows computer app:  re-install windows .  Some Thai shops still give out that advice.

It got resolved like 2-3 days later, but at the time it was an annoyance.    But usually one of the avenues works.   So like there was a problem with mobile banking app, but the full browser internet banking was still working.   Or ATM was working ok.

Kbank (k+) app still has its issues about timing out its previous session properly, but it has improved significantly since 2-4 years ago.  Back then, it would throw an error that I am not using the same sim # that I signed up the account with.   Of course the sim card was there, and after deleting data/re-activate the app everything worked.    Until the next day or next app/phone restart ????

It's not an everyday occurrence, but these service interruptions do happen on occasion.  I do sympathize with the OP and suggest having a 2nd account with another major Thai bank for redundancy.

1 minute ago, 4evermaat said:

Tried the usual combinations (switched from wifi to mobile internet, restart phone, clear app data/re-sign in.  Delete app and reinstall app).  Read the responses for yourself.

Bkb did not fully own up to it.   At least KTB did.    But the copy/paste "delete the app and login again"  is reminiscence of the old solution to having a problem with Windows computer app:  re-install windows .  Some Thai shops still give out that advice.

It got resolved like 2-3 days later, but at the time it was an annoyance.    But usually one of the avenues works.   So like there was a problem with mobile banking app, but the full browser internet banking was still working.   Or ATM was working ok.

Kbank (k+) app still has its issues about timing out its previous session properly, but it has improved significantly since 2-4 years ago.  Back then, it would throw an error that I am not using the same sim # that I signed up the account with.   Of course the sim card was there, and after deleting data/re-activate the app everything worked.    Until the next day or next app/phone restart ????

It's not an everyday occurrence, but these service interruptions do happen on occasion.  I do sympathize with the OP and suggest having a 2nd account with another major Thai bank for redundancy.

Snag_1ab22273.png

Bangkok Banks advice to update the version is bs. They haven't updated the app in months,and there's not a new version online unless they released one. There's one known error with the app, if you installed it using WiFi, log in using mobile data might not work,and vice versa. There's been several complaints,but they haven't got a clue how to solve it. But, I repeat, I have never ever had any problems to log in using Chrome on my PC, and no problem to log in on my app when I know about the problem I mentioned above. And fyi, Bangkok Banks customer service doesn't have a clue how the app or anything else about IT works, and they never will.

1 hour ago, Huckenfell said:

Not really, but last Tuesday AM. 12th Nov., i deposited money through an English bank into my Bangkok Bank Acct. Today is after midday Monday 18th Nov., and money still not in my Bangkok bank account. Is this time delay normal.

You can contact your bank and ask them for the bank transfer confirmation or SWIFT confirmation report.   This will contain complete info on the transaction.   You are looking for the "Value Date" which is the local date that the money would be credited to the receiving bank.  The value date already takes into account any bank holidays on both sending and receiving sides.

They can issue it to you over the phone.  But I think it is better to get pdf version of this report, as it will contain everything.

Or sometimes this information will be in your online banking.  Once the transaction has "cleared" that day, the full details are there. 

Snag_1ac7203b.png.6d67c854c1b850523fdfef5816dbfec2.png

This is something that Thai banks can improve on (including detailed information about transaction in the internet banking transaction history).

On 11/15/2019 at 6:58 PM, Skallywag said:

I can see 10-20 years from now people on ThaiVisa asking about how to get their sex-bot to work after it "codes" out or the remote wont work 555 . Am definitely an analog guy living in a digital world 

20 years !   That long - <deleted> ☹️

23 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

You can contact your bank and ask them for the bank transfer confirmation or SWIFT confirmation report.   This will contain complete info on the transaction.   You are looking for the "Value Date" which is the local date that the money would be credited to the receiving bank.  The value date already takes into account any bank holidays on both sending and receiving sides.

They can issue it to you over the phone.  But I think it is better to get pdf version of this report, as it will contain everything.

Or sometimes this information will be in your online banking.  Once the transaction has "cleared" that day, the full details are there. 

Snag_1ac7203b.png.6d67c854c1b850523fdfef5816dbfec2.png

This is something that Thai banks can improve on (including detailed information about transaction in the internet banking transaction history).

If the money hasn't been received by Bangkok Bank, there's no transfer to look for online. The delay has to be caused by the sending bank. 

One of the better pieces of advice I got was to have 2 bank accounts - 2 seperate banks.  Use one for all the main stuff and keep about 50K in the other one for 'problems'.  

One day we were on holidays at a beach resort and I tried to withdraw money from an ATM.  Something went wrong and the bank closed the account for 'my safety'.  But the local branch could not help me - they said I had to go back to Chiang Mai where I opened the account.  Bought the guy - who had very strongly told me to open another bank account not long before we left - a long lunch when we got back into town a week or so later.

24 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

And that bank mail was posted months ago - clearly marked as 3 Jul.

I have reinstalled my app 4 times,but the problem remains. But, when I know about the log in problem, there's no real problem. I can live with it, but I still don't understand why Bangkok Bank can't solve it. 

28 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

If the money hasn't been received by Bangkok Bank, there's no transfer to look for online. The delay has to be caused by the sending bank. 

The sending bank.    That is who you would get the bank transfer report from.   You can request it once the money has been sent out.  But at the latest at the end of the business day or the following day it would be available.  My apologies if that wasnt clear in my last post.

35 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

And that bank mail was posted months ago - clearly marked as 3 Jul.

It has happen a couple of more times since then.  But for shorter periods.  Like maybe 20 mins.

Overall 98% of the time the banks app works fine for basic things like topups, transfers, bill pay.   

And I do have the up-to-date versions of the app.

No real problems with mobile or pc for online banking

NOW getting their atm cards to work online is another matter, YES  they used to work fine suddenly stopped BKK bank said yes a problem it will be solved

It has i use my Krung thai bank card for online stuff

BKK bank cards still dont work

2 hours ago, poohy said:

No real problems with mobile or pc for online banking

NOW getting their atm cards to work online is another matter, YES  they used to work fine suddenly stopped BKK bank said yes a problem it will be solved

It has i use my Krung thai bank card for online stuff

BKK bank cards still dont work

If you're talking about Bangkok Banks new MasterCard,then you're right. I had their Visa until it expired and I had to accept the Be1st Smart TPN MasterCard. There are online problems with the MasterCard. It works here and there,but not everywhere. I have seen several complaints online,and I have contacted Bangkok Bank head office in BKK myself. They have no clue why it doesn't work. I told them to talk to MasterCard in BKK,but nothing happened. Luckily I also have an account at K-Bank incl. Visa,and it works everywhere. December 31 2019, all Visa-cards issued by Bangkok Bank will expire. Then everybody have to accept MasterCard, and when all those customers realizes that it doesn't work properly, then,maybe Bangkok Bank will understand the problem.

Archived