Jump to content
BANGKOK
problemfarang

Savanakhet TR visa rejected!

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

 

So my company is hiring a new employee from Bhutan.

He quitted from his previous company and went to the immigration and left Thailand in 24 hours. He went to get a TR (tourist visa) to come back and meanwhile my company is preparing his documents for NON-B to get here.

 

Yesterday embassy accepted his documents and told him to get it today. But at 2:00pm then they told him he lived in Thialand too long and cannot get a TR visa. He was in thailand on NON-B visa from his last company for 4 years! His past has 2 TR visas.

 

So i asked him to go and talk to the embassy again and explain that hes hired already and the only way to get NON-b is to come back thailand. We also wrote a letter verification of his position in thai company in thai language with the signature of the director and all. We send him via email also line file.

 

We hope this letter will help him to explain the situation. In the letter director also mentioned that its a thai immigration law that he had to leave the country in 24 hours so we kindly ask the embassy to obtain him a TR visa so we can continue with non-b paper work.

 

Any ideas?

 

thanks

Edited by problemfarang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not supposed to work on a Tourist Visa so hardly surprising he was refused.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not supposed to work on a Tourist Visa so hardly surprising he was refused.

 

hi,

well he wont be working illegal. But as you know he had to leave the country in 24 hours and the paper work from my company was not ready in that time. It takes 1 or 2 months. 

So how a person can do? cannot stay must leave and get a new TR visa and come back.. proceed with the paper work and get non-b... 

 

Also he contacted his embassy and they just told him there must be a mistake because everything is ok for him to get a TR visa

Edited by problemfarang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he from a country that qualifies for a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days?

The labor ministry normally accepts work permit applications with that type of entry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Is he from a country that qualifies for a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days?

The labor ministry normally accepts work permit applications with that type of entry.

 

He is from Buthan. He has 2 TR visa before.. like 4 years ago. And he lived in thailand for 4 years on NON-B. he cancelled his non-b and went to sav. in 24 hours.

His embassy told him that savanakhet thai embassy probably made a mistake. They called them but no one answered the phone.

and they closed the window on his face so he couldnt explain the situation. (thai embassy in SAv.

 

there is nothing wrong on his passport for him getting a TR visa. 

Edited by problemfarang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

He is from Buthan.

He does not qualify for a visa exempt entry.

Hopefully the consulate will agree to issue the tourist visa on Monday. If not then he could try for a transit visa.

It seems they applied their 90 days in 6 months limit when he applied. That should only be applied if a person has stayed here on tourist visas and/or visa exempt entries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He does not qualify for a visa exempt entry.

Hopefully the consulate will agree to issue the tourist visa on Monday. If not then he could try for a transit visa.

It seems they applied their 90 days in 6 months limit when he applied. That should only be applied if a person has stayed here on tourist visas and/or visa exempt entries.

 

thanks a lot ubon. At this point even his visa agent thinks they made a mistake and now he is taking him to Vientiene. If they still not give him TR, i will tell him to apply for a transit as you suggested.

 

Do you think that letter we send to his email will help him? Telling his position and he will be hired and his starting day as 1 december with the companies official paper and director signature

Edited by problemfarang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have heard from someone who recently got back from Savannaket that the consulate there is being inundated with applicants and are being unreasonably picky to change their reputation as an easy place to get a visa.

 

Lots of people were being refused and the staff were very rude.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, teatree said:

I have heard from someone who recently got back from Savannaket that the consulate there is being inundated with applicants and are being unreasonably picky to change their reputation as an easy place to get a visa.

 

Lots of people were being refused and the staff were very rude.

It used to be a friendly welcoming place a few years ago , when there used to be about 10 people a day applying for visas , the staff were genuinley pleased to see you 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

thanks a lot ubon. At this point even his visa agent thinks they made a mistake and now he is taking him to Vientiene. If they still not give him TR, i will tell him to apply for a transit as you suggested.

They are being strict in Vientiane as well. A appointment is needed to for the application.

 

9 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Do you think that letter we send to his email will help him? Telling his position and he will be hired and his starting day as 1 december with the companies official paper and director signature

The letter should help. Perhaps they did not understand the reason for getting the tourist visa.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not believe this is a Savannakhet issue (although they have tightened up on issue of tourist visas for those suspected of working on them).  For a tourist visa believe he must obtain at the Honorary Royal Thai Consulate in Buthan due to nationality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Do not believe this is a Savannakhet issue (although they have tightened up on issue of tourist visas for those suspected of working on them).  For a tourist visa believe he must obtain at the Honorary Royal Thai Consulate in Buthan due to nationality.

Bhutan is not on the list of restricted countries. See: http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/RestrictedCountries2013.pdf

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Hopefully the consulate will agree to issue the tourist visa on Monday. If not then he could try for a transit visa.

Update 9th November 2019: Savannakhet can NOT give Transit visa anymore.

(source thaivisaservice.com)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

Update 9th November 2019: Savannakhet can NOT give Transit visa anymore.

Perhaps cannot should of been will not.

"If refused/denied a visa, the Consulate can NOT give Transit visa anymore."

I suspect in certain circumstances they will issue one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...