Is a brand new passport the solution

I already have quite a few visits to thailand in 2019 in my passport, so when I went to phnom penh thai embassy I requested a transit visa instead of a tourist that I knew would be stamped "void without prejudice".

Well, even through I requested the transit visa with all supporting documents (flight ticket, bank account, …), I received a tourist visa with the "void" stamp.

I guess they are so used to issuing tourist visa that they did not check which type of visa I was requesting.

Anyway, my question is:

If I get a brand new passport from my embassy, do I have a chance to get a tourist visa from the thai embassy in phnom penh (or HCM city in vietnam): do they check the request against a central database of past visits to Thailand or do they only check stamps in the passport?

Or should I try to get a 15 days stamp at ko kong border crossing ? (Again this could work only if they do not check against a central database).

I do not need to stay long in Thailand, just to pick up stuff.

Any knowlegeable advice appreciated.

• Haha 1

I dare say an identical first name, middle name, last name, date of birth, place of birth and signature will give you away in the Imm database. Not as dumb as you think!!

Edited by Cuchulainn

16 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

I dare say an identical first name, middle name, last name, date of birth, place of birth and signature will give you away in the Imm database. Not as dumb as you think!!

And not forgetting the biometric play toy's who are in use now ,..... remember each extension or similar your picture is taken ….. to where I am not sure, but even my Kasikorn bank pictures you for some things I experienced ...

That new passport solution is now outdated ….

A new passport doesn't help anymore to actually get into the country. You will get a SETV at any Thai embassy without a problem but at immigration your passports are linked and they can see your history. I was denied entry twice not long ago (first time I flew in and was hoping to get a 30 day stamp and second time I had a SETV in my passport), it´s nearly impossible to stay more than 6 months in a row on tourist visas now. Imho your only option is to somehow get a transit visa so you can pick up your stuff.

8 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

What made u decide for packing up your bags? ????

What is point of your post?

OP, you could consider flight into Chaing Mai arrive visa exempt. Based on recent reports it seems best airport entry. You will require onward flight for airline.

• Confused 1

Buying a new passport only gets you  approved when applying for a Tourist visa at the consulate. But immigration can still turn you away and deny your entry based on your history from previous passports.

Edited by acenase

30 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What is point of your post?

OP, you could consider flight into Chaing Mai arrive visa exempt. Based on recent reports it seems best airport entry. You will require onward flight for airline.

With a visa, all indications are that you are fine entering through Chiang Mai airport. However, a visa exempt entry is another matter. Chiang Mai airport immigration is supposed to evaluate whether those requesting visa exempt entry fit the profile of typical tourists. They are supposed to deny entry to those using visa exempt entries to spend more time in Thailand than is necessary for tourism purposes (through the prime minister in 2014 when these directions were introduced said they should be applied flexibly).

With a use of bio-metrics and updated immigration systems, even with a new passport you will have no problem obtaining the visa but will have problems at immigration entering Thailand as having visa no longer guarantees entry, not that it ever did before but was much more relaxed as oppose to now.

May be if you changed the name as well, it might work, unless bio-metrics picks it up

8 hours ago, BestB said:

With a use of bio-metrics and updated immigration systems, even with a new passport you will have no problem obtaining the visa but will have problems at immigration entering Thailand as having visa no longer guarantees entry, not that it ever did before but was much more relaxed as oppose to now.

May be if you changed the name as well, it might work, unless bio-metrics picks it up

15 hours ago, david555 said:

And not forgetting the biometric play toy's who are in use now ,..... remember each extension or similar your picture is taken ….. to where I am not sure, but even my Kasikorn bank pictures you for some things I experienced ...

That new passport solution is now outdated ….

I'm wondering how biometrics work. What happens if someone scans the bottom parts of their fingers then the next time they scan the top parts of their fingers which hasn't been scanned before? Are biometrics able to link those to be from the same fingerprints?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I'm wondering how biometrics work. What happens if someone scans the bottom parts of their fingers then the next time they scan the top parts of their fingers which hasn't been scanned before? Are biometrics able to link those to be from the same fingerprints?

????????????. Machine does not scan bottom or top. You can not cheat it by placing fingers differently .

if it’s not placed correctly , system does not accept it until you place fingers correctly 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BestB said:

????????????. Machine does not scan bottom or top. You can not cheat it by placing fingers differently .

if it’s not placed correctly , system does not accept it until you place fingers correctly 

yep,... same as my portable safe ,it recognize even the different fingers , can not cheat it by using a different finger !

And that is just a cheap fingerprint reader …