FDA issues warning about supplement claiming to enhance sexual performance

snoop1130

By The Nation

800_88a5826721e7499.jpg

Dr Poonlarp Chantavichitwong, FDA deputy secretary-general

Blue M Gold, a food supplement widely advertised on its website and social media as increasing sexual libido, has been propagating its benefits without permission from Thailand’s Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the drug agency said on Friday, warning people against believing the claims as they could be dangerous.

FDA deputy secretary-general Dr Poonlarp Chantavichitwong said that the FDA had investigated and found the product had been registered as a food supplement. He said the licence for the production facility was now being suspended.

“FDA is currently dealing with advertisements that violate the law,” he said. “Taking supplements cannot improve sexual performance, so consumers should consider the facts before buying it.”

Previously, the FDA had found that most of these kinds of supplements contained sildenafil, a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction which is classified as a specially controlled drug and must be used under the supervision of a doctor.

The most common adverse effects of sildenafil include headache and flushing. Patients with coronary artery disease who take nitrate drugs could suffer from low blood pressure, causing even shock and death.

“We would like to warn consumers to be cautious and not blindly believe in this advertisement, as it could have dangerous effects,” said Dr Poonlarp.

“If you find any dangerous and suspicious products, you can submit a complaint via FDA hotline 1556, e-mail [[email protected]](mail to:[email protected]), or PO Box 1556, Ministry of Public Health 11004. Alternately, report your complaints via Or Yor Smart Application mobile app, or contact the provincial health office nationwide.”

The deputy secretary-general added that advertising or exaggerating medicinal benefits without FDA approval via various media is considered an offence, with punishment ranging from Bt5,000 to Bt30,000 fine or up to three years’ imprisonment, or both,” he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378378

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-15

"Previously, the FDA had found that most of these kinds of supplements contained sildenafil, a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction which is classified as a specially controlled drug and must be used under the supervision of a doctor."  That will come as a shock to millions of farang! ????

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Scientists at the FDA confirm that for enhanced sexual performance you need...that very special, very rare, very sacred, and very expensive amulet...

5 minutes ago, timewilltell said:

And the name of this supplement to avoid is .........

unmentionable because of the defamation laws in Thailand I suppose. What a place!

absolutely the first thing mentioned in the article... but blame it on Thailand instead of reading even the first line... 

Why don't they do what lots of old Chinese/Thai men do?  Eat ground up rhino horn or tiger bits.

Don't understand the belief that animals have to die to get an erection; sildenafil is available over the counter at most pharmacies in Pattaya even half a tablet works 100% . .... . so I've heard.

15 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Why don't they do what lots of old Chinese/Thai men do?  Eat ground up rhino horn or tiger bits.

Don't understand the belief that animals have to die to get an erection; sildenafil is available over the counter at most pharmacies in Pattaya even half a tablet works 100% . .... . so I've heard.

Over the counter, really? 

There are various foods that can enhance a man's libido (think that's the word).

When I was younger I would swear by Vit' E. As i progressed in years I found garlic, ginger and ginseng helped me with my 4 times a day habit.

At the present time I'm drinking a lot of mushroom wine*. I drink at least one litre a day. But, I think it's important to keep the body in balance, in tune; so to speak. And in this regard, my carrera mountain bike is my best friend. I've upped by routine, and I'm averaging 100 km a week. I also do weights, but due to an injury in my army days, I stop as soon as the old war would gets uncomfortable.

I've research the sex act, and according to Professor Pigeon, The actual thrusting of the hips during the sex act Is one of oldest forms of exercise, and can add years to a man's life. So with that in mind it is better for the man to be pro-active that the lady.

* fully documented in the TVForum archives.

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Q:  "Can you get it over the counter?"

A: "I can if I take 2!"

6 hours ago, timewilltell said:

And the name of this supplement to avoid is .........

unmentionable because of the defamation laws in Thailand I suppose. What a place!

Try to read it again ... the first thing mentioned in the article was the name of it ????

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

There are various foods that can enhance a man's libido (think that's the word).

When I was younger I would swear by Vit' E. As i progressed in years I found garlic, ginger and ginseng helped me with my 4 times a day habit.

At the present time I'm drinking a lot of mushroom wine*. I drink at least one litre a day. But, I think it's important to keep the body in balance, in tune; so to speak. And in this regard, my carrera mountain bike is my best friend. I've upped by routine, and I'm averaging 100 km a week. I also do weights, but due to an injury in my army days, I stop as soon as the old war would gets uncomfortable.

I've research the sex act, and according to Professor Pigeon, The actual thrusting of the hips during the sex act Is one of oldest forms of exercise, and can add years to a man's life. So with that in mind it is better for the man to be pro-active that the lady.

* fully documented in the TVForum archives.

I've found that if I eat at the Y before hand it improves my libido ????

12 hours ago, mikebell said:

Sildenafil is available legally over the counter in the UK now. No doctors supervision necessary.

22 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

"Previously, the FDA had found that most of these kinds of supplements contained sildenafil, a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction which is classified as a specially controlled drug and must be used under the supervision of a doctor."  That will come as a shock to millions of farang! ????

.... meaning all my sexual improvements with my inflatable gf actually has not been anything but imagination ... :shock1:

On 11/15/2019 at 6:38 PM, snoop1130 said:

The deputy secretary-general added that advertising or exaggerating medicinal benefits without FDA approval via various media is considered an offence, with punishment ranging from Bt5,000 to Bt30,000 fine or up to three years’ imprisonment, or both,” he added.

wow, that will stop them

at 2000 baht per bottle

Archived