Financial Crisis Beginning in Thailand

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Western tourism In Thailand has declined to a negligible number of tourists with real money to spend. This is having a dramatic impact on millions of Thai people. The low baht Chinese and Indians are

It is not that we do not believe you...it is that we can not believe you found it necessary to post it...

I was in Phuket recently. Its been a few years since I was last there but I can honestly say that the last time I saw so many half built and clearly mothballed condo/hotel builds was following the 97

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

just one picture I don't want to name the hotel.

h1.jpg

Where are the half-naked ladies slumbering by the pool sipping pina coladas?  😊   Seriously, it looks very nice...hope you enjoyed your stay...

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I disagree some empty hotels and restaurants at one location do not translate to your prognosis.

A "financial crisis"  ( I suggest you research the definition) is not beginning nor going to happen.

There has been a shift from Western-tourist-frequented hotels and restaurants to other venues in recent years, thanks to different tourists (nationalities/groups). As for the total, it's hard to say, whether there is a decline, or not.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
21 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Western tourism In Thailand has declined to a negligible number of tourists with real money to spend.

Yup, just a negligible 4.9m westerners or so.....

Although Britain is 13,000 down from it's peak. Woe is Thailand at the lack of fighting beer boys from Bolton.

• Haha 2