California police find no motive for school shooting

rooster59

1 hour ago, Ramen087 said:

I did... an accidental discharge is not in my definition, or a student doing something stupid, like firing a gun into the air... that’s why I posted as I did... things like that are included in school shootIng stats by the named group... even a novice usually hits at least one person in school shootings... It also includes a non-student firing on school grounds... as I said, this is a deep societal issue, and it also goes into the rights of each individual state, as gun laws vary in each of the fifty states, and also in cities or counties within those states... the way statistics are compiled is a big part of the problem, as different group have different criteria for Categories with the same title...

Your definition is totally immaterial, except to you.

6 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

No, it is not.  It is material because how the statistics are collected differs greatly from one group to the other.  That is the point.

Which is different from what you were saying earlier.

But that's ok, I'm getting used to that way of 'discussing'.

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Which is different from what you were saying earlier.

But that's ok, I'm getting used to that way of 'discussing'.

the way statistics are compiled is a big part of the problem, as different group(s) have different criteria for Categories with the same title...  

Please read my messages in their entirety... have a nice life... ????

Yup...like the Olympics of stupid!

"It was 85 shootings!"

"No it was only 44...you are misleading people to push your agenda of gun control...."

Grow up!

Far too many people/ children die every year in the US!

And if someone comes up with the stupid "Guns don't kill people- people kill people!"...see an earlier post and go : "People without guns, don't shoot people!"

"Claiming the lives of over 22,000 Americans every year, including over 1,000 children and teens,1 firearm suicide is a significant public health crisis in the US.2 Nearly two-thirds of all gun deaths in the US are suicides, resulting in an average of 61 deaths a day.3"

Over the past decade, the US firearm suicide rate has increased by 19 percent.4  This trend has been of particular concern for children and teens, whose firearm suicide rate has increased by 82 percent over the past 10 years;5

Archived