10 minutes ago, transam said:

Then this thread is not for you....🤨

Why not, I receive a UK state pension!

6 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

But not the ADI (to which it refers).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, steve187 said:

the UK got all the rubbish rules from the EU, and despite being one of the bigger contributors, we have the lowest pension

That is not the fault of the E.U. …. complain to Downing street 10 🤔

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I don't think pension claimers in LOS need to be told by a pensioner sitting in the UK that they have no ploblem..Reads like a "nose rubbing"...🤫

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

But not the ADI (to which it refers).

Here's the heading again, Huge cuts in UK state pensions. That's all it says.

There's no mention of any ADI whatever that means in the heading. Even the opening post does not make it clear who it will affect and how. It make s a vague reference to adult dependency but does not make it clear what that actually is. It mentions 'a savage slashing of Pension' but does not elaborate. Am I expected not to read it because of this. 

Perhaps you'd like me to get your permission before I view any other topics? If so then tough luck because that's not going to happen.

So this payment only applies to people who retired before 2010?

And becomes payable when the Thai wife turns 65?

Or have I misread things?

50 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

No need to whinge at me because of any mistakes you may have made.

I'm single, live in the UK, get my pension increases and I'm happy with it and that's the way I'm gonna keep things.

You are allowed to live in the UK 6 months a year and Thailand the other six months

and still get your annual state pension increases.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, rott said:

So this payment only applies to people who retired before 2010?

And becomes payable when the Thai wife turns 65?

Or have I misread things?

Misread....the payment was ceased in 2010 for anyone new but continued to be paid to those already getting it for a further 10 years (2020)

10 hours ago, baansgr said:

Where is your wife/dependent living? You could apply for pension credit if you are elegible. Wasn't this first brought in ten years or so ago with next year the final stage.

I knew about it 8 or 9 years ago and I believe it was first published in 2010.

It has been brought up here on TVF in the last year or so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Then why post/boast about it.

I don't care what you do but if/when they find out you are cheating don't come and complain to TV or the HMRC that you didn't know!

"They found out", what, that I am out of the UK for some periods of time, In Thailand, on a visa that is specifically for people visiting a Thai family and that does not confer any kind of residency, that I have a house in UK, that I am on the Electors Roll and vote in elections, that I have bank accounts in the UK and pay UK tax, that I do not own and maintain a separate property outside of the UK (which is a requirement of residency for tax purposes outside of the UK)?  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, steve187 said:

the UK got all the rubbish rules from the EU, and despite being one of the bigger contributors, we have the lowest pension

Since when is the EU responsible for the height of the pensions of their member states? Sounds like a Boris Johnson argument 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 473geo said:

You could well be correct there is bereavement support available it does appear to include a one off 2500 gbp or 3500 gbp if you have children and futher small monthly payments look like for 18 months but not sure if that applies to widows abroad

I just Googled this but it doesn't say, or perhaps I missed it about spouses living abroad.

https://www.gov.uk/bereavement-support-payment/how-to-claim