BANGKOK
Rambo

Huge cuts in UK State Pensions

2 hours ago, Enoon said:

Eligibility

You may be able to get Bereavement Support Payment if your husband, wife or civil partner died on or after 6 April 2017.

You could be eligible if your partner either:

• paid National Insurance contributions for at least 25 weeks
  • died because of an accident at work or a disease caused by work

When they died you must have been:

IIRC I enquired about this 4 or 5 years ago and was told back then that it not apply to Brits married to Thais who are living in Thailand.

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

"They found out", what, that I am out of the UK for some periods of time, In Thailand, on a visa that is specifically for people visiting a Thai family and that does not confer any kind of residency, that I have a house in UK, that I am on the Electors Roll and vote in elections, that I have bank accounts in the UK and pay UK tax, that I do not own and maintain a separate property outside of the UK (which is a requirement of residency for tax purposes outside of the UK)?  

You can stick your head in the sand, or a dark orifice, for all I care but I suggest you look at the HMRC 'residency' and other applicable rules about your short time 'visits' to your property etc in the UK.

PS;  Don't ask me to quote/find the rules for you since you seem to think you are above them anyway and so it is your problem to check them out as far as I am concerned.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

Here's the heading again, Huge cuts in UK state pensions. That's all it says.

There's no mention of any ADI whatever that means in the heading. Even the opening post does not make it clear who it will affect and how. It make s a vague reference to adult dependency but does not make it clear what that actually is. It mentions 'a savage slashing of Pension' but does not elaborate. Am I expected not to read it because of this. 

Perhaps you'd like me to get your permission before I view any other topics? If so then tough luck because that's not going to happen.

The point was that it doesn’t apply to you - and it doesn’t..

Comment on what you like - you must be bored to tears back in the UK to need to comment on things that have no relevance to you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

IIRC I enquired about this 4 or 5 years ago and was told back then that it not apply to Brits married to Thais who are living in Thailand.

4/5 years ago Thai widows WERE eligible for the £2,000 Bereavement payment, plus payments for children under 18 (even if not fathered by the deceased Brit).

It stopped last April.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

They didn't ask me.

You are legally obliged to tell them where you live.    If you don't and you are getting a UK residents pension, you are committing fraud but I'm sure you're not worried by that?!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Correct. I gave them an address in the UK. Haven't changed it. I'm just not currently staying there. 555

So, you are admitting fraud on a public forum.    That might not be your cleverest move!!   'Loose talk costs lives', a famous wartime hero once said and in this case, it might be yours!!!!!!    If you're committing fraud probably best to keep it to yourself!!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Greenhill said:

So, you are admitting fraud on a public forum.    That might not be your cleverest move!!   'Loose talk costs lives', a famous wartime hero once said and in this case, it might be yours!!!!!!    If you're committing fraud probably best to keep it to yourself!!!!

Do you know my name? Do you know where I live? Good luck with grassing me up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Do you know my name? Do you know where I live? Good luck with grassing me up.

I wouldn't dream of 'grassing you up'.    I'm not the one you have to worry about but HMRC ain't stupid these days and maybe someone at the British Embassy could be monitoring this site!!!   I certainly think not bragging about these things might be your best option!

Is this really a surprise? On paper the UK is bankrupt a million times over and has the worst politicians who have ever existed.

6 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

no not that long ,she only worked for about 4 years and mostly part time .

Then why should she expect a UK pension.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

they still wouldn't know who I am or where I live.

100% wrong. Anyone can find out who you are from posting online. You can pay a darknet hacker $100 or less and they will know exactly who you are and where you are posting from, even with a VPN. You might think that using a fake name gives you anonymity, I can guarantee you that it does not. Everything can be traced with the right expertise.

Edited by SteveK

13 minutes ago, SteveK said:

100% wrong. Anyone can find out who you are from posting online. You can pay a darknet hacker $100 or less and they will know exactly who you are and where you are posting from, even with a VPN. You might think that using a fake name gives you anonymity, I can guarantee you that it does not. Everything can be traced with the right expertise.

There's a lot more to going dark than using a VPN. Trust me, I'm dark! I've proof tested it. I've even had people on this forum trying to ascertain who I am and where I'm posting from. No chance!

• Haha 1