Where can I take a Thai?

I realize there are numerous threads about Schengen visa etc. My situation is AU pp holder been living in los several years with Thai partner (not married). We travel few times/yr Japan as Thai are visa exempt 15 day. She has been several times to AU on tourist visas. So to my question. Is Schengen that difficult to obtain given that I'm not national of European country. Its seems difficult for me to act as sponsor. 

Any other suggestions of travel destination from bkk much appreciated. Obviously been to all nearby  asian countries.

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

The do not need a visa for Russia

Thanks. Yeah I did Google search of countries Thai can visit without visa. Russia on that list along with many sth American countries. Problem with the latter is expensive flights.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks. Yeah I did Google search of countries Thai can visit without visa. Russia on that list along with many sth American countries. Problem with the latter is expensive flights.

I've got some Thai friends going to Georgia soon for holiday

28 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I cannot see many problems getting a Schengen, if you follow all the rues ie flights, hotel, money, REASON TO RETURN to Thailand.

I have taken my Thai GF to Italy and Spain and am not a citizen of either country.

Can I ask which country is your pp. It seems to me that the "sponsor" aspect is difficult if not from an EU country. Of course I'm aware many folk have taken their Thai gf to Europe and they are USA or oz etc. 

I think main reason my Thai partner has been able to obtain several visas for au was due to my "sponsor letter"

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can I ask which country is your pp. It seems to me that the "sponsor" aspect is difficult if not from an EU country. Of course I'm aware many folk have taken their Thai gf to Europe and they are USA or oz etc. 

I think main reason my Thai partner has been able to obtain several visas for au was due to my "sponsor letter"

I have a UK Passport, which is classed as EU at the moment! And as you say, the sponsor letter from myself helped.

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

I have a UK Passport, which is classed as EU at the moment! And as you say, the sponsor letter from myself helped.

That was point of my question. Having EU pp means you can provide sponsorship. As I understand it I cannot as my pp is au.

Archived