Bank reimburses restaurant owner - female employee sacked on the spot for stealing millions

rooster59

19 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

There are good reason to use the international banks here like UOB and Citibank, they all have branches in Thailand, if someone wants to store his money (partially) on a thai bank account.

So let's get this right.

An international bank operating in Thailand with Thai management, at some levels for sure, and Thai staff cannot fall victim to theft?

Why is that?

23 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Makes you wonder where the safest place is to keep ones money. In the bank, stock market or under the mattress?

Safest way to keep your money in Thailand is (leave it in your own country, I did and get 3.35 interest every month)

10 hours ago, Jingjock said:

Safest way to keep your money in Thailand is (leave it in your own country, I did and get 3.35 interest every month)

and which country would that be?

Sounds unbelievably amazing!

3.35% a month, wow!

On 11/17/2019 at 9:55 AM, Scouse123 said:

So let's get this right.

An international bank operating in Thailand with Thai management, at some levels for sure, and Thai staff cannot fall victim to theft?

Why is that?

Well, I use BBL, and I have had no problem in ? ... 32 years … about ? … Still I do not keep a large amount there ? (Not like this guy ?) … and well when I am in the country I use it and keep it coming and going all the time, so I watch it. I guess that the Problem is if you go on an Extended Holiday ? Though well then I use my Credit cards ! So I still watch it. Or the new 800,000 B rules, as they say also possibly causing Home invasion and Kidnap to the TM machine criminal hits also !!!

The Majority of my money being in Stocks in Bualuang .... (Bangkok Banks Security trading arm)  ….  3 Days to clear any being taken out and it only can be paid in to my Bank Account ! ? … Quite a safe enough time buffer I think. …. and I have had no trouble there either ? ... And the dividends Probably average out to 3.5 or even 4% if you pick the right stocks, and Withholding Tax is only 10% … also another Bonus as most other countries like Australia are 30% + !!! And Less Dividend in the first place !!! …. Though well the Upcoming Global Collapse ? When the bubble Bursts ? …..   wonder if Thailand will survive that ! Like it VERY WELL COULD I think ? ... Still, all my own Fault if it does not. 

…. Still, ? I would say … Yes get a BBL bank account Fellas !!! … While you can before the Internationalism, of anti-Money laundering or tax evasion closes you chances of getting one down ! ? ….  I have said it ! ... But well these pretty big, Embezzlement by Female staff Stories !!! … They ARE starting to get a Bit Worrying Really I think ! ? ... Like unfortunately just MORE of the New Wave and world ... Greed Order ... ???  … And the deterioration in Mental Health in our society, due to this new wave stress ??? . ... Like whoever Embezzles 5 million Bart, and does not get caught ? … Well Yes I know, the government, but well, they also eventually, mostly get caught also I think ? …. Like Embezzle Money and ruin you’re Life !!! …  It MUST be mental Illness.

I have rewritten my stuff and Cut it down, as I DO think that to analyses Corruption, at all Levels, …. Including OUR OWN acceptance of it, …  is a good idea, and not to just address the bank tellers that could steal ! … Our own cash.

... But well, I am glad that the analysis, of the Increasing ! ? Frequency of cases like this, …  is still here, above this.

... Well I think that it is Increasing, ... the increasing number, and size of Frauds, and theft by these Bank Employees ... It seeming tome, to be like a result of the new Popularism, and the old “Money Talks and (Deleted) Walks” from the Oil and gas men from the states ..Etc. philosophy, ... and ALL leading to a pretty good question, of whether all of this, is a Mental Health Issue, that has been Triggered by this, REAL change in our society, ….  And that it is adding to all of this Popularist sort of Upper Middle class crime now ! ?  …. Like in both in Follang, and Thai societies a lot ... Like in ALL societies now ?  ...

… Like I could throw in that Over Population ? … Like more Bank Employees … and Customers with a lot of Money, might also be part of it. As well as just basically, … there are just TOO MANY PEOPLE on the planet now. 

… But also the fact that this Increase of Corruption, and Theft amongst ALL of Society, can be extended to just about ALL of the Governments of the world, well the Demotic ones any way .... Who Borrowing more and MORE Money, that they just do not have ... So as to Buy Votes, and keep themselves in Power  !!! And risking ? Well the unaligned Experts say that their most certainly IS going to be a Great Collapse, that COULD trigger Riots and will hurt just a HUGE proportion of LL of our People. … And they ALL, like in the squeaky clean West, also are buying them now, by Pork Barreling, or giving things to people, and electorates that support them ! …

And to a VERY Popularist Population. That now ... Seems to JUST want a LOT More than they used to ! ? … Like the corrupt Bank tellers seem to ? … As mentioned in this story.

Like More Corrupt Bank Tellers ! ? … More People with money to steal, and more just totally bankrupt, and close to collapse Governments ,… Buying More Votes, … From more Popularist People, ….  Who would vote for any one, …  that would give them ,..... MORE. … Money !!!

…. Like it is all the same thing, … corrupt people, cheating, … and thieves, … in just … Different Cloths, and different places, in the same crumbling ? … Well, very much under Threat Society ???

Like the corrupt Bank Workers are just a reflection, …a byproduct of our fast Deteriorating Society, and it’s values ! ? … And the deteriorating Mental Health status of MANY of our people !!! .... Like OLD Values ??? … Well GOOD VALUES from My recollection any way.

Works fine if one is a Local or has some connections....if you a the normal foreigner, with his cash in the back, who is just minding his own business and not spending the entire day trying to network and make connections.....in that case your money is gone for good if gets into the hand of a dishonest employee the counter....

....and there are many who often try to cheat the foreigner with making a  withdrawl at the counter and your BangKok Bank account is in another city....they will claim the fee for having the account outside which is within the rules ok fine !!........then they will draft out the invoice seperately....but always check what amount they ask and what amount is on the receipt....as I nearly got scammed in a BkkBank Branch in a mall in Bangkok the other day !.....learnt my lesson....never again go to the counter....use the ATM....if it's not more then 20'000 THB you wanna withdraw....

so the owner claimed 5 million baht went missing.  The article says she was paid in full, plus interest so I will assume that means 5 million +.  But the the article also says the employee took 2.5 million.  So is there another 2.5 million somewhere like with some bank manager that may have been in on it in order to approve maybe the transaction withdrawals?  if no manager approval was needed then that bank has no safeguards or procedures worth anything

Archived