Embassy Explanation for Ceasing Immigration letters

A very detailed response to your complaint and much as to be expected. Thanks for sharing. However the person drafting the response shows a touching faith in the ability of the Thailand Immigration offices to apply their rules consistently and fairly throughout the kingdom.

Edited by sniggie
Amendment.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

Because they are prepared to confirm that they’ve confirmed the income.

The British embassy are not willing to verify the income — as required by immigration; therefore, they’re not prepared to provide a letter to immigration stating they have.

Can somebody then compare the letters from Canada and New Zealand to the old letters from the UK, US, and Australia. Are they different? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Can somebody then compare the letters from Canada and New Zealand to the old letters from the UK, US, and Australia. Are they different? 

It doesn't really matter what the letters say. The arrangement immigration have with the embassies is that they "verify" the income. The only way to truly verify the income is to get confirmation direct from the source of the income.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zydeco said:

As above, content of the letter doesn't mean much, what the Embassy wants before issuing the letter is what counts. For Australians it was a stat dec i.e. taking a person's word they have the income, not verifying they have the income.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The only way to truly verify the income is to get confirmation direct from the source of the income.

Which the Australian government could have easily done for pensioners at least. They still could; because they are happy to certify original documents i.e. Centrelink income statements directly off of a MyGov app. I know this, because I  asked. They told me they could do that, just not a Stat Dec not for use in Oz.

But without the combo method it's all rather moot!

Edited by UncleMhee

Talk about "beating a dead horse". Yes, the 4 embassies stopped issuing income letters in Dec 2018.  But, don't think for a minute, that any of those embassies ever verified incomes by contacting the sources. The embassies merely issued affidavits based on sworn statements or based on someone providing some paper documents which could have been legitimate or not... The horse is dead and there's no bringing it back to life, so, the only option now is to comply with Immigration's requirements. Feel sorry for those who are having trouble meeting the requirements...

Edited by BertM
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BertM said:

Talk about "beating a dead horse". Yes, the 4 embassies stopped issuing income letters in Dec 2018.  But, don't think for a minute, that any of those embassies ever verified incomes by contacting the sources. The embassies merely issued affidavits based on sworn statements or based on someone providing some paper documents which could have been legitimate or not... The horse is dead and there's no bringing it back to life, so, the only option now is to comply with Immigration's requirements. Feel sorry for those who are having trouble meeting the requirements...

Mmm -- My income comes from two, legitimate easily verified UK government sources - The DWP and the NHS pension scheme. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Mr Smithy said:

Mmm -- My income comes from two, legitimate easily verified UK government sources - The DWP and the NHS pension scheme. 

Mmm... So, you are fortunate and should not have a problem transferring your income to Thailand each month to meet the requirements. My income comes from a legitimate pension also, but I choose to keep money in the bank rather than hassle with having to transfer each month. The horse is still dead...

Edited by BertM
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mr Smithy said:

Both of which, along with the FCO (Embassy) and your sending bank are hamstrung by GDPR & lack of man hours as explained.

• Like 1