BANGKOK
mikebell

Embassy Explanation for Ceasing Immigration letters

11 minutes ago, elviajero said:

555. A self declaration is not evidence/proof/verification of anything.

Indeed, It doesn't even prove the person holding "passport no 123456 issued by IPS on (date)" isn't a fraudster with a cloned ID.

9 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Which is what we did by sending official documentation to the British Embassy as proof of income. TI has never mentioned proof of income from source. Not required as the 80 embassies that still produce income letters can vereify.

You're all caught up in tiny technicalities and nuances. They never said this, they didn't do that.

The income verification method was always dicey. The letter was carte blanche. The deposits were given cursory review. It's really not the fact that the letter is now gone but that the British embassy signed off on a the rubbish which the Thais rubber stamped. That's the real issue.

British expats even the ones supposedly with the money struggle to get payments in correctly and on time.

I'm not surprised. So really, why bother? It's DONE. A process in name only. You are almost guaranteed to be knocked back. Is this a smart method of applying for your annual permission to remain in Thailand?

NO

22 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Which is what we did by sending official documentation to the British Embassy as proof of income. TI has never mentioned proof of income from source. Not required as the 80 embassies that still produce income letters can vereify.

I haven't said immigration want proof from the source. But that is the only way to confirm what's claimed in the paperwork is true.

Immigration do not just accept bank statements. They also want confirmation from the bank that the account is receiving monthly transfers.

9 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

British expats even the ones supposedly with the money struggle to get payments in correctly and on time.

Most expats.

22 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

TI are happy with it.

And? That isn't the issue.

2 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I haven't said immigration want proof from the source. But that is the only way to confirm what's claimed in the paperwork is true.

Immigration do not just accept bank statements. They also want confirmation from the bank that the account is receiving monthly transfers.

Not if you're attatched to one of the 80 embassys that stiil produce the letters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

"Alright, then, can someone please name something that our embassies have done over the past five to ten years to make our lives easier..."

It is not the Embassy's, or the Government's job, to "make expats lives easier"!  Geez...

Some people, it appears, are just incoherent and just witless.  "The mission of the United States Embassy is to advance the interests of the United States, and to serve and protect U.S. citizens in Thailand."

https://th.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/bangkok/

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Not if you're attatched to one of the 80 embassys that stiil produce the letters.

Most of those embassies have a few expats and probably rarely have to produce such letters, or don't offer the facility.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's totally the isssue. There was never a requirement from TI for the British Embassy to change the way that they verify income, let alone cease the letters.

In the opinion of the UK/US embassies there is. End of.

• Sad 1

My two letters were both issued by the U.K. government ie state pension and Civil Service Pension.

not difficult for them to confirm for years 1-6 but year 7 too difficult!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

I thought they wanted 12.

The Embassy not Thai Immigration 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's totally the isssue. There was never a requirement from TI for the British Embassy to change the way that they verify income, let alone cease the letters.

They got tired of lying. Is that not clear? It's totally clear to me.

The embassy needs to at least outwardly have some even a modicum of integrity.

Maybe all the loudmouths ruined it. Guffawing about scoring letters every year when it was all just a big rub and tug.

Edited by Number 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

They got tired of lying. Is that not clear? It's totally clear to me.

The embassy needs to at least outwardly have some even a modicum of dignity.

Maybe all the loudmouths ruined it. Guffawing about scoring letters every year when it was all just a big rub and tug.

Not clear at all to me.

"Maybe all the loudmouths ruined it. Guffawing about scoring letters every year when it was all just a big rub and tug." I never heard any of this, a figment of your imagination or do you have evidence of this?

As I've said a number of times, those wanting to game the system didn't forge a sheaf of documents, they just paid an agent. Easier and much safer.

• Like 2