Embassy Explanation for Ceasing Immigration letters

9 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

In the UK, everyone, rich and poor gets a pension. I have just started recieving mine.

Prior to that, I lived in Thailand on my company pension (which more than satisfied immigration requirements) and investments in the UK. I would rather not put 800k in a Thai bank account as I can earn considerably more from it by investing it in the UK. It's not just poor people who are prudent with their money.

"Arrogance is ignorance".

My post stated clearly AU. In au pension has different meaning.

Also same for USA regarding their affidavit.

The embassies were simply witness to your signature.

eg I can state as fact that I receive income from rental properties of #£££ per month. Which is true. I can choose to omit that have a debts to service these assets. 

Embassies are not in the position to verify/certify anything. Not their job and not qualified to do so. The other 80 embassies you keep banging on about are rubber stamping nonsense.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

I CAN'T understand  why the Aussie Embassy , a govt office can't , certify proof of a govt Old Age Pension . I CAN understand them not certifying someone's self written letter about their income . 

Edited by gimo
punctuation

On 11/16/2019 at 3:57 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

A tax return form accepted by the IR, regarding an income on which tax has been paid should be sufficient. The the British Embassy staff are the worst in the world.

Yes, but a tax return is from the past, and is no guarantee of future income.  The person may have sold all their stock or equities, or properties.  I am sure the original intent of the incomes from a Thai point of view, while simplistic was meant for something such as a Pension.  Obviously there are many types of other income sources. 

Just now, gk10002000 said:

Yes, but a tax return is from the past, and is no guarantee of future income.  The person may have sold all their stock or equities, or properties.  I am sure the original intent of the incomes from a Thai point of view, while simplistic was meant for something such as a Pension.  Obviously there are many types of other income sources. 

It was and is. They are expecting the person to have a monthly guaranteed income from a pension or investment.

Hello,

As an American Citizen I have felt the same pain that now U.K. Citizens and Australian Citizens are experiencing , The elimination of Income Verification letters not being able to share Pension Databases with Thailand.

Hopefully at minimum these Countries can at least do what American Embassy did for American Citizens in Thailand.

1. Allow Direct Electronic Bank Deposit of your Pension.p into Thai Bank Account.

2. Give a Grace period for one more year of Income Verification Letter for VISA with Thai Immigration to allow time during the adjustment of the change.

3. Thai Immigration does allow either lump sum of 400,000 or 800,000 THB in A Thai Bank Account 60 Days prior to Visa and must stay in the Bank 90 Days after Visa Approval , Or monthly proof of either 40,000 or 65,000 THB in a Thai Bank Account with a letter from Bank with 1 Years proof of copies of Bank Statements with the monthly deposit being made into your Thai Bank Account.

Best Of Luck To All ???? 

• Haha 1

The Dutch, at least, better hope they can fake their income letters, because it looks like they're about to get a reduction in their pension.  

Speaking to the Financial Times, the Dutch pension federation chair, Shaktie Rambaran Mishre, predicted that pension contributions may have to increase by up to 30 per cent over the next few years. “As things stand, around 2 million people are facing cuts from next year,” she said.  https://www.europeanpensions.net/ep/Dutch-govt-expected-to-act-against-looming-pension-crisis.php