BANGKOK
mikebell

Embassy Explanation for Ceasing Immigration letters

3 hours ago, elviajero said:

It doesn't really matter what the letters say. The arrangement immigration have with the embassies is that they "verify" the income. The only way to truly verify the income is to get confirmation direct from the source of the income.

So, does Canada and New Zealand, then, actually verify the income? Or just continue to say they do? Are they able to access private and public pensions in the home country and "verify" the income for their letters? Do they have similar privacy laws to the US and UK? If so, how do they get around them to "verify?" Or did just the US, UK, and Australian embassies have their feet held to the fire?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, zydeco said:

So, does Canada and New Zealand, then, actually verify the income? Or just continue to say they do? Are they able to access private and public pensions in the home country and "verify" the income for their letters? Do they have similar privacy laws to the US and UK? If so, how do they get around them to "verify?" Or did just the US, UK, and Australian embassies have their feet held to the fire?

Or did just the US, UK, and Australian embassies have their feet held to the fire?

This is the correct answer......

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, zydeco said:

Then, it would have been Thailand escalating a diplomatic conflict with the US, the UK, and Australia. And Thailand could have expected repercussions that would have hurt Thailand far greater than Thailand could have hurt the Big Three. But instead the Big Three threw their own citizens under the bus and continued to have champagne toasts and eat cucumber sandwiches with the generals. And what have they got out of it? Zilch. As Thailand moves ever more securely into the status of a Chinese satrapy.

Rubbish.  There is no such thing as "income letter". 

Just one example, au provided certification of Sat Dec. All that was is to verify your statement. I attended au embassy on unrelated matter and asked senior au employee about this. Her reply..." We never should have been providing stat dec. They have zero authority outside of Australia.

BTW, how can any embassy VERIFY statement re income. The many other embassies are a fraud 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mikebell said:

also ask why we cannot share HMRC’s pension databases. Unfortunately the UK’s Data Protection laws prohibit organisations, including Government departments, from providing personal information to third parties about customer details.

I am American and don't know about the UK but I am willing to bet the same as below applies to the UK.

The same claim has being made about the US refusal to share income information from their databases.

Though the US routinely shares such information with financial institutions, such as mortgage providers.

They simply require that this third party entities are certified to receive such information.  Furthermore the petitioner can sign a permission for such information to be shared, nullifying privacy concerns.  In fact the application for an income certification is IMO a De Facto permission for release.   

I suggest the OP researches to see if the above applies to the UK, and if it does confront the embassy with it. 

I personally don't need  a certification letter, I am in the process of activating dual nationality (for reasons unrelated to the certification)  with a country that provides an income certification letter, and if such time arrives where I need the  income certification letter I will exercise that option. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Rubbish.  There is no such thing as "income letter". 

Just one example, au provided certification of Sat Dec. All that was is to verify your statement. I attended au embassy on unrelated matter and asked senior au employee about this. Her reply..." We never should have been providing stat dec. They have zero authority outside of Australia.

BTW, how can any embassy VERIFY statement re income. The many other embassies are a fraud 

I take it, then, that Australia no longer issues the income letter anywhere else in the world either? The US does.

• Like 1

From reading a brief synopsis 

You nasty expats spoiling our days, get stuffed we are far too busy to care about you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, zydeco said:

I take it, then, that Australia no longer issues the income letter anywhere else in the world either? The US does.

Please post what an "income letter" looks like.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Please post what an "income letter" looks like.

I'm sure he's using "income letter" as a general term to describe an Income Affidavit from the US embassy or a Statutory Declaration from the AUS embassy or whatever was being used by the UK embassy. He's welcome to use income letter as a general term if he wishes...

Edited by BertM