BANGKOK
SteveK

Ex-pat issues in China - sound familiar?

10 hours ago, marf said:

In the above video near the end (I watched the whole thing) there is a Q&A where someone asks what is the best Asian country to retire in, most amenable to allowing foreigners to stay, he actually says Thailand!

Yes! Your neighbour's pasture often looks greener. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SteveK said:

China has obviously now become very anti-West. I think my main concern in my original post is that this is filtering down to Thailand somehow, which is why this anti-farang sentiment is coming about, and that they are placing all their eggs in the baskets of the Indians and Chinese. There is a lot to take in here, but I would bet my left nut that the changes in immigration policy in Thailand are coming from the Chinese. Think higher up in government. It doesn't take a genius.

Policies are obviously coming from the China mold and I recently heard in a phone conversation with a CEO who is outside this country who deals in risks of electronic currency payments. It is getting worse here and everyone professionally on the outside who has clearance in a particular sector knows it. China is anti any country that steps on their 9 dash line then going to taking over countries like Tibet or even stepping out being behind Taiwan. Retched country China has become. Government is the Devil.   

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

We're all here for the cheap and available slim and attractive women, really no point in denying it, nothing else really matters.

Really not. I like blonde girls. And in more than 20 years here I never touched a hooker. No, even longer. Never in my life. I also can't remember when I have been to a bar the last time. For sure more than 15 years ago. There are also other reasons to live in Thailand... perhaps hard to understand for some 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Policies are obviously coming from the China mold. China is anti any country that steps on their 9 dash line then going to taking over countries like Tibet or even stepping out being behind Taiwan. Retched country China has become. Government is the Devil.   

Communist Dynasty finally achieved supremacy in 1949, after Chinas second period of "Warring States" (corresponding to what the Chinese call "The Century of Humiliation").

It is a Dynasty which retains the fundamental attitudes, regarding the relationship between State and Individual (indigenous, "incorporated" or foreign), that the previous ones did.

Political "tags" are irrelevant, its the underlying, sub-conscious, psychology, that determine those attitudes.

Same applies to Russia, or The West.

All to do with their........."childhoods".

(Chinas finished much earlier than the others)

Politics are just a way to assert those attitudes.

Naturally China has influenced (and will continue to influence) the smaller states around it.

It is a major factor in what made the East "The East".

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

On the other hand, he still has a good looking woman in his bed every night, which he probably wouldn't have managed in his home country. We're all here for the cheap and available slim and attractive women, really no point in denying it, nothing else really matters.

In your opinion!

• Haha 1

Remember China is a communist country, they have always been this bad or worse. At one time you could only stay in government approved hotels.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, moe666 said:

At one time you could only stay in government approved hotels.

According to Serpentza videos that's still the case. 

• Like 1

This is probably some normal cycle.  Open up the country, take in more people to get more money, then get real money from people who don't have to visit (say Apple opening up a manufacturing plant).....learn from the Westerners, then realize they are hurting the culture, and kick them all out.  Hope the fallout isn't too bad, and hopefully they can move on without the foreigners.  America and the Mexicans, Thai and farangs, Chinese and everyone else, and UK and muslims, and it goes on and on and on.....

I don't know why China hates USA soo much after the Americans saved them from the Japanese.  Saved Thailand from the Japanese also, both a little late but better late than never.  Maybe it was too long ago.

Luckily, there will always be a cheap place to go with hot weather.   At least in our lifetime

• Like 2

with the introduction of med insurance rules

maybe instead of focusing on the guy getting laid you should focus on how difficult it became to move money out of china

all you condo owners and 800k bank account holders

• Like 1

been there done that, all too familiar to me, arrived there in 2002 and saw the decline on the daily basis, the guy points out some facts and he's being nice because the reality is worse and scary, things started to change when Xi come to power, the hate towards foreigners started around same period due to CCTV news brain washing......decided to move to (at that time) Thailand more friendly foreign oriented, what a mistake it was, Thailand changed as well and it's becoming very similar to China

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

We're all here for the cheap and available slim and attractive women, really no point in denying it, nothing else really matters.

first of all, why would anyone buy and exploit a female who sees thousands of loser farangs before you???  i don't care if it was free, I'm not here to worry about aids or to be the 10,000th guy or to help exploit a human.

if you have any self-respect, you will learn the language, exercise, be successful and have some money, and easily find slim and attractive women everywhere in the world who isn't labeled as "cheap and available."  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

We're all here for the cheap and available slim and attractive women,

maybe not all....in my case was looking for peace and quiet and not being bothered with all the hassled & discrimination I had in China

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

if you have any self-respect, you will learn the language, exercise, be successful and have some money, and easily find slim and attractive women everywhere in the world who isn't labeled as "cheap and available."  

Not a very realistic outlook for a guy in his 60s, unless he's Donald Trump.

• Like 1