should I be worried

ok so I've had 2 x 3 month tourist visa's this year (3 In total on the passport) and have been out of Thailand for over 2 months, I'd  like to come back via air stamp on arrival for a few weeks before travelling back to europe, I'm worried about getting stamped with the travels to Thailand a lot stamp.. I'm thinking of coming back for a visit late next year and I don't want to mess that trip up. my passport as it is (over years has a few of these 3 month visas ,1 fly one in 2 years ish ago and I think 2 land ones like more than a year ago....

should I be worried about getting air visa on arrival ?

given that I've spent 6 months in the country already this year .. I'd just like to eat every Thai dish for 3 weeks and go home in a few weeks but I don't want to mess the passport up!

Edited by goatsonwalls
  • Sad 1

You state that you have spent already 6 months this year in Thailand on tourist visa's. 

Under 180 days per year is the unofficial guideline being used by thai immigration to determine whether you are a 'genuine tourist'.  With that history in your passport, border-immigration will most probably deny you entrance and send you back where you came from.

You might want to try your luck and hope for the best.

You could also consider flying to a near-by country and try entering Thailand via a land-border.  Chances are equally high you will be denied, but at least you can then spend your holiday in that bordering country.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, goatsonwalls said:

should I be worried about getting air visa on arrival ?

Yes. The odds of being denied are low but with your recent history you are at risk. Using a tourist visa would lessen the risk.

Even if you are denied it shouldn’t affect your future plans as long as you have the right visa next year.

Entering visa exempt is definitely risky. A tourist or transit visa would improve your chances, and I believe would make denied entry unlikely if you can show a confirmed flight to Europe within, say, three weeks in addition. Good luck!