Swampy vastly improved

Mister T

Last time I came back through Swampy was about three years ago, 8.30 at night, it was hell. Seemed like I walked a kilometre to get to the IOs then one hour forty in the snaking line to be met by a farang hating grumpy IO.

Last week I flew to Da Nang on Viet jet, they wanted 890 baht to check in my 8.9 kilo bag. When I bucked up about it, she said I could carry it on board as it was under 10kg. Nothing was said about the 10 kilo bag I had on my back. Sailed through the old man immi desks, less than five minutes including my first fingerprints.

Very comfy flight and straight through immi with my $25 evisa.

Coming back last Wednesday 1pm flight, Da Nang airport would not check me in because I did not have a visa. Showed her my re entry and my last couple of retirement extensions, not interested. Called a supervisor over and went through the same process, she wanted proof of entry to Thailand. Showed her where immi had transfered the stamps from my last passport and she was happy.

Now my worry was getting back through swampy. Bussed from the vietjet flight to the terminal, two minute walk to the desks, two cuties checked my TM6 in seconds then to the desks. One person in front of me, two minute wait. The IO greeted me with a smile and said place the hand on the scanner, the scanner ran and a message came up, welcome to Thailand. I said to the scanner that I was happy to be back, turned to the IO and she had a beaming smile, handed my passport over and said welcome back. Up to the fourth floor, gate one, and jumped straight int a taxi.

Amazing Thailand (sometimes)

8 hours ago, treetops said:

Why do you think the carry-on bag rules don't apply to you?

Looks like you have a problem with English comprehension so I will write it slowly for you.

I   tried   to   check   in   my   bag   and   the   ground   staff   told   me   to   carry   it   on   as   it   was   under  10kg.

12 hours ago, Mister T said:

Looks like you have a problem with English comprehension so I will write it slowly for you.

I   tried   to   check   in   my   bag   and   the   ground   staff   told   me   to   carry   it   on   as   it   was   under  10kg.

Your first post did not indicate that you wanted to check it in.  Maybe you should have taken more time writing it slowly so it could not be misinterpreted.

Nevertheless, carrying on 20kg  across two bags is nonsense whether they encouraged it or not.  You should have insisted it be checked in.

I just went through at 3AM the other day and it was an abject madhouse full of loud, screaming chinese tourists. 

Luckily I was eligible to use the fast track priority immigration lane, otherwise I would have been in for a nightmare. 

Thailand still to this day refuses to staff enough of their immigration desks. You'd think a country that relies so heavily on tourism would just keep the desks manned.

Archived